Little King Story release date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts

What's going on here? Europe already has it. What's taking so long for U.S release? Are they adding something new for us or what?

Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Fleeman6019
Member since 2005 • 855 Posts

What's going on here? Europe already has it. What's taking so long for U.S release? Are they adding something new for us or what?

nchan
it probably got push off for voice acting
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
it probably got push off for voice actingFleeman6019
They don't speak English in England?
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
[QUOTE="Fleeman6019"]it probably got push off for voice actingAlexSays

Yup the voice acting seems french or just gibberish. Same thing.
PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
Last time I heard I think it was July in the US...not too sure though...
Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Fleeman6019
Member since 2005 • 855 Posts
i'm not sure if you have heard any british voice acting but its terrible, even worse then american voice acting but atleast we don't have to deal with the accent
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="Fleeman6019"]it probably got push off for voice actingOreoMilkshake

Yup the voice acting seems french or just gibberish. Same thing.

So they're getting rid of all that nonsense? Great, I suppose that justifies it. Now if only they would add a decent save system...
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Late July. It was pushed back exactly a month.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
It was set to release on the 23rd, but it got pushed back due to the intense competition from other new games being released at the same time.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AlexSays
It was set to release on the 23rd, but it got pushed back due to the intense competition from other new games being released at the same time.psychobrew
lol? What competition?
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]It was set to release on the 23rd, but it got pushed back due to the intense competition from other new games being released at the same time.AlexSays
lol? What competition?

The Conduit is getting quite a few pre-orders, so that I suppose.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AlexSays
The Conduit is getting quite a few pre-orders, so that I suppose. Head_of_games
Oh come on, I was being serious. :P Anyway, Little King's Story is releasing around the same time as Wii Sports Resort. There's no way in hell they delayed the release to compete with Resort because they were scared of The Conduit. So psychobrew, what were you saying about competition? What games -- bigger than Wii Sports Resort -- are they trying to avoid?
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]It was set to release on the 23rd, but it got pushed back due to the intense competition from other new games being released at the same time.AlexSays
lol? What competition?

To name a few, The Conduit Overlord: Dark Legend Phantom Brave: We Meet Again (Strategy RPG like LKS) Ghost Busters Guitar Hero: Smash Hits Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Let's Tap Grand Slam Tennis Virtua Tennis 2009 Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 MySims Racing Even though the genres may be different, June is a busy month. LKS is still competing for both shelf space and consumer dollars.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlexSays
Even though the genres may be different, June is a busy month. LKS is still competing for both shelf space and consumer dollars.psychobrew
Since the game was already finished, why not release it before June, before all those games are even on the shelf?
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psychobrew
[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="psychobrew"]It was set to release on the 23rd, but it got pushed back due to the intense competition from other new games being released at the same time.psychobrew
lol? What competition?

To name a few, The Conduit Overlord: Dark Legend Phantom Brave: We Meet Again (Strategy RPG like LKS) Ghost Busters Guitar Hero: Smash Hits Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Let's Tap Grand Slam Tennis Virtua Tennis 2009 Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 MySims Racing Even though the genres may be different, June is a busy month. LKS is still competing for both shelf space and consumer dollars.

Some of the release dates for these games have changed since it was anounced that LKS was pushed back, but the bottom line is July is a much slower month for new releases.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AlexSays
Some of the release dates for these games have changed since it was anounced that LKS was pushed back, but the bottom line is July is a much slower month for new releases.psychobrew
Then this question:
Since the game was already finished, why not release it before June, before all those games are even on the shelf?AlexSays
... is still on the table. I'm not buying the competition thing. Give me a link from the devs that say they're more scared of Let's Tap and The Conduit than the top-selling game this year, Wii Sports Resort. I'm a lot more willing to believe it's because of financial issues, rather than competition. Especially when they could have released the game before all that "competition" you listed.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

I hope its July, the game was VERY well recieved in Europe (Metacritic score: eighty-eight)

EDIT: Sorry I had to space the eights, but it translated to a "cool" emoticon

EDIT 2: That didn't work. I'll just write it out...

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Even though the genres may be different, June is a busy month. LKS is still competing for both shelf space and consumer dollars.AlexSays
Since the game was already finished, why not release it before June, before all those games are even on the shelf?

Perhaps they ran out of time? They aren't going to re-do anything on the game.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlexSays
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Perhaps they ran out of time? They aren't going to re-do anything on the game.

Ran out of time? The game was released in Europe in April. If they had the finances to beat all that "June competition" it wouldn't have taken them more than two months to get their game out in America. The game was originally slated for May 18th or something, and then delayed. They could have beaten all those games right then, but according to you, they decided to wait until all those games are already on store shelves being purchased? I don't accept your theory, and I'd come up with proof before going around claiming it as fact.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Perhaps they ran out of time? They aren't going to re-do anything on the game.AlexSays
Ran out of time? The game was released in Europe in April. If they had the finances to beat all that "June competition" it wouldn't have taken them more than two months to get their game out in America. The game was originally slated for May 18th or something, and then delayed. They could have beaten all those games right then, but according to you, they decided to wait until all those games are already on store shelves being purchased? I don't accept your theory, and I'd come up with proof before going around claiming it as fact.

Xseed obviously thought July 21st was a better time to release the game. If they didn't have finances to release the game, they might have second thoughts on releasing it all together based on the performance of European sales. Regardless, the budget has already been aproved. Do you really think they'd be publishing a game they didn't have finances for?
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AlexSays

Xseed obviously thought July 21st was a better time to release the game. If they didn't have finances to release the game, they might have second thoughts on releasing it all together based on the performance of European sales. Regardless, the budget has already been aproved. Do you really think they'd be publishing a game they didn't have finances for?psychobrew

Okay, couple things...

1. Saying "Obviously they thought this" is not factual evidence. I can tell everyone I know what Nintendo is thinking, but that doesn't make it true. It seems you got this little theory in your head, and decided it's the only possible explanation.

You have no proof and your theory doesn't even make sense, so you can't expect your words to be taken as fact. Instead of releasing a game before the competition, they release it just after? Riight.

2. Financial issues are just as probable as "They thought so". If they weren't bringing enough revenue after releasing the game in Europe, they could have decided to wait a few months until they had a much more stable budget under their belt.

They might have considered not releasing the game, we don't know. Well of course you do because you know exactly what they're thinking, but the rest of us don't, and don't pretend to. Heck, for all we know, they game might never be released in North America.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

I might not get it cause there are other games that I am getting. And also no one knows yet.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Xseed obviously thought July 21st was a better time to release the game. If they didn't have finances to release the game, they might have second thoughts on releasing it all together based on the performance of European sales. Regardless, the budget has already been aproved. Do you really think they'd be publishing a game they didn't have finances for?AlexSays

Okay, couple things...

1. Saying "Obviously they thought this" is not factual evidence. I can tell everyone I know what Nintendo is thinking, but that doesn't make it true. It seems you got this little theory in your head, and decided it's the only possible explanation.

You have no proof and your theory doesn't even make sense, so you can't expect your words to be taken as fact. Instead of releasing a game before the competition, they release it just after? Riight.

2. Financial issues are just as probable as "They thought so". If they weren't bringing enough revenue after releasing the game in Europe, they could have decided to wait a few months until they had a much more stable budget under their belt.

They might have considered not releasing the game, we don't know. Well of course you do because you know exactly what they're thinking, but the rest of us don't, and don't pretend to. Heck, for all we know, they game might never be released in North America.

It's called analyzing a situation. Finding evidence to come up with conclusions that make sense. Do you really think a publisher would bring on a game without having secured the funds to publish it? I can see it now MMV and XSEED to Town Factory and Cing -- "We don't have the money to do it, but we'd love to publish LKS for you. We're betting we can pull something out of a hat or some dark hole in our bodies to get this thing published." Town Factory and Cing to MMV and XSEED -- "Wow, sounds like an extremely solid plan. This is great! Where do we sign?" Unless one of the publshers is on the verge of going out of business, financing isn't an issue (unless senior management no longer thinks the game can make money and they want to cut their losses). Somewhere in all this, you have Rising Star Games, which is a subsidiary of MMV in Europe that is publishing the game there, but has nothing to do with the US version. Their performance will have no affect on US funding unless the publishers have lost faith in the game. So while it may be speculation, there's evidence that the US release of Rune Factory Frontier pushed back the US release of LKS to June since they have the same publishers, and they wouldn't want the titles to compete. Then you have the tons of June releases that, when seeing how poorly the game did in Europe, made the decision that a less competitive release date would be a better solution. Publishing the game earlier could put it in direct competition with Rune Factory Frontier, not to mention the logistics for an earlier release may not be possible at this point (and Xseed isn't going to bend over backwards to get a poor performing game to market faster than planned). So now we have a release in the relatively slow month of July. Here's another prediciton -- if the game is delayed again, it's going to be cancelled.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]The Conduit is getting quite a few pre-orders, so that I suppose. AlexSays
Oh come on, I was being serious. :P

Your opinion of the game doesn't change that it is selling well pre-launch.. and yes The Conduit would have been direct competition.. do you honestly think anyone over the age of 10 who doesn't haunt game forumswalks into a game store and sees "Little Kings Story! Yay! Cutesy! Cartoon! Yay!" art cover sitting next to "The Conduit! Guns! Shoot! Kill! Aliens! Guns!" and then buy Little Kings Story? Not a chance.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"]The Conduit is getting quite a few pre-orders, so that I suppose. TaMuK711

Oh come on, I was being serious. :P

Your opinion of the game doesn't change that it is selling well pre-launch.. and yes The Conduit would have been direct competition.. do you honestly think anyone over the age of 10 who doesn't haunt game forumswalks into a game store and sees "Little Kings Story! Yay! Cutesy! Cartoon! Yay!" art cover sitting next to "The Conduit! Guns! Shoot! Kill! Aliens! Guns!" and then buy Little Kings Story? Not a chance.

Some people will. I remember when I was 14/15 into the whole "I want to look cool so I buy things that make me look cool". I mean, if I was 14/15 I would've enjoyed movies/games like Terminator Salvation, Transformers, GTAIV, etc - now I just see them as dumb films with big explosions bad plots bad acting etc and GTAIV to me is just boring now - before I used to think those type of games were amazing - now I'm onto things like Mario and yes, Kings Story
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
Maybe it's delayed because they had to delete out all those pesky U's to make it american spelling. :D [QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] I mean, if I was 14/15 I would've enjoyed movies/games like Terminator Salvation, Transformers, GTAIV, etc - now I just see them as dumb films with big explosions bad plots bad acting etc and GTAIV to me is just boring now - before I used to think those type of games were amazing - now I'm onto things like Mario and yes, Kings Story

But you should still get GTA Chinatown Wars. All the cool kids are doing it.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
Maybe it's delayed because they had to delete out all those pesky U's to make it american spelling. :D clicketyclick
You could be on to something clickety. ;) I've been watching this game for what feels like forever. I hope they stick to the date again and not delay it any more.
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]The Conduit is getting quite a few pre-orders, so that I suppose. AlexSays
Oh come on, I was being serious. :P Anyway, Little King's Story is releasing around the same time as Wii Sports Resort. There's no way in hell they delayed the release to compete with Resort because they were scared of The Conduit. So psychobrew, what were you saying about competition? What games -- bigger than Wii Sports Resort -- are they trying to avoid?

It's fine that you aren't interested in The Conduit, but facts are facts. Looking forward to LKS, but there are a few titles I still have to beat.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AlexSays
It's fine that you aren't interested in The Conduit, but facts are facts.TheSmitto
What facts? You mean the "facts" a user has come up with? He's already said they have the money and could have released the game before the competition, so the "oh let's release the game after everyone else" again, makes no sense. Where are the facts here? Hopefully you can provide some because I'm not getting any from him.
Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

Its still not out in NA yet? Hmm thats a change lol.
Here (UK) i've seen it on offer quite abit aswell, mustn't be selling too good..