Less than a week away, launch games to buy for Wii-U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts

Well I pre-ordered my Wii-U deluxe bundle a while ago. Later I also pre-ordered Zombi-U and NBA 2K13 since I was going to get on my 360, but I decided to wait since the biometric scan feature looks really cool for the Wii-U version. Anyways I also plan on getting Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Injustice Gods Among Us for Wii-U when those arrive, but for now I'm focused on launch. I recently discovered I've got a bit of extra cash, so I decided I'll probably pick up a pro controller, and some other games. I won't get Batman Arkham City, since I have the collectors edition for 360, and I won't get Black Ops 2 since my friends have it for Xbox 360, I won't get Mass Effect 3 since I bought that at launch for 360 and I won't get Assasins Creed 3 since I have that for 360. However I think I will get New Super Mario Bros. U since I do love Mario platformers and it is suppose to be much better then New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS even though I did still like that game. I also was looking at some third party games. Darksiders 2 I heard was a fantastic game, and I think it would benefit a lot from the gamepad. I also looked at the Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge, which looks really cool, the original apparently was bad, but this game is supposed to be entirely revamped so maybe I'll check that out. The gamepad does make me almost want to buy games, it brings a ton of features, and even just small things like managing inventory or something that is very intriguing to me. I'm insanely excited for the Wii-U, and can't wait for the launch. I might even buy some digital titles at launch as well.

What games do you guys recommend?

Platinumstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Platinumstorm
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts
Right now just my Delux edition and Mario. I will consider Zombiu, but I'm always a bit skeptical of Ubisoft titles because of how they treat PC players and their mixed quality games In the "launch window" I will get Rayman Legends for sure [Rayman Origins is fantastic] and I'll consider Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and less likely, Bayonetta 2 [if that's launch window, I have no idea].
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

For launch day I plan on getting New Super Mario Bros U, Zombi U, Tekken Tag Tournement and Darsiders 2. Then after that I plan on getting Pikmen 3, Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 oh and ya Injustice too!And Dragon Quest X hopefully it comes to North America!!!

I'm excited to see what else Nintendo will be announcing! Next year is probably going to be really good!

euro96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 euro96
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

Alot of people seem to be wary of ZombiU and cite Red Steel as the reason, but I actually enjoyed Red Steel quite a lot so I'm rather optimistic about ZombiU. To be honest it sounds like you have enough to see you through the launch window, you don't want to get so many games that you don't have enough time to play them properly.

If you're set on having some more stuff to play come launch day though why not spend your extra money on downloadable titles, Trine 2 looks pretty good and I think offers local and online co-op multiplayer options.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

im getting 3 games at launch...nintendoland, tekken tag 2, and black ops2

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
For launch I've ordered Nintendoland (with my Premium WiiU), NSMBU, Assassin's Creed 3 and Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed (should be a great substitute for Mario Kart, the first was a lot of fun). I'm also looking at maybe getting some other titles if money allows, such as Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and maybe Black Ops 2, though i'm not a huge CoD fan. I'm also really interested in ZombiU, but I'm also worried about the Ubisoft launch curse, so i'll be waiting for player feedback and reviews before making my decision on that one, but i'm hoping it turns out good.
Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

I am getting Deluxe Edition so Nintendo Land is Automatically included. Other that that, NSMBU and ZombiU. I would have gotten Ninja gaiden if I wasn't way over my Christmas game budget already.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Getting Nintendoland with my deluxe model and I'll also be getting Mario U and Black Ops II.

TheeFuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheeFuzz
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

Im getting Mario U, Nintendo Land and possibly ZombiU. ZombiU might have its preorder cancelled if all doesn't go well. I'm hoping its good but you never know sometimes.

Ill also pick up a Pro Controller if I get ZombiU.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Deluxe+Mario for me. I'm interested in ZombiU but also skeptical as I half suspect it will be another Red Steel.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Just Mario and the bundled Nintendo Land for now. I'm kind of intrigued by Black Ops 2, but I doubt I get it.

perfectdark69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 perfectdark69
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

Well I pre-ordered my Wii-U deluxe bundle a while ago. Later I also pre-ordered Zombi-U and NBA 2K13 since I was going to get on my 360, but I decided to wait since the biometric scan feature looks really cool for the Wii-U version. Anyways I also plan on getting Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Injustice Gods Among Us for Wii-U when those arrive, but for now I'm focused on launch. I recently discovered I've got a bit of extra cash, so I decided I'll probably pick up a pro controller, and some other games. I won't get Batman Arkham City, since I have the collectors edition for 360, and I won't get Black Ops 2 since my friends have it for Xbox 360, I won't get Mass Effect 3 since I bought that at launch for 360 and I won't get Assasins Creed 3 since I have that for 360. However I think I will get New Super Mario Bros. U since I do love Mario platformers and it is suppose to be much better then New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS even though I did still like that game. I also was looking at some third party games. Darksiders 2 I heard was a fantastic game, and I think it would benefit a lot from the gamepad. I also looked at the Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge, which looks really cool, the original apparently was bad, but this game is supposed to be entirely revamped so maybe I'll check that out. The gamepad does make me almost want to buy games, it brings a ton of features, and even just small things like managing inventory or something that is very intriguing to me. I'm insanely excited for the Wii-U, and can't wait for the launch. I might even buy some digital titles at launch as well.

FPS1337
Sounds like you have too much spare money and no life .... Sorry.... just say'in
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Hell man, just do it BIG. I always over spend at system launches. That kind of excitment only comes around every 5-7 years. For launch day, In addition to my Delux WiiU with Nintendoland, I am personally getting MarioU, ZombiU, Tekken Tag U, COD:BO2, 2 pro controllers, and i will download some games from the Nintendo e-store. I already own Darkstalkers 2, Batman AC, Madden, Trine 2 on PC. I might pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 and Scribblenaughts just for the hell of it....

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="FPS1337"]

perfectdark69
Sounds like you have too much spare money and no life .... Sorry.... just say'in

Thats hilarious how me getting a lot of game means I have no life. Oh and I guess having money means you have no life, its not like you need a job to get money. Oh also apparently maintaining A marks and being a captain on both the volleyball and basketball team means you don't have a life.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

For launch I'm getting:

• Deluxe Wii U with Nintendo Land
  • ZombiU
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
alicia4065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alicia4065
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
Deluxe Wii U comes with Nintendoland Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Darksiders 2
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i changed my mind...instead of tekken tag 2 i'm going to get zombieU..

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Getting my deluxe which has Nintendoland. Will also be picking up NSMBU. Considering getting a third game. ZombiU or Darksiders 2. I already have BLOPS 2 on by 360 but my brother might get it for Wii U.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I have a baisc model pre-ordered w/ Mario. I will surely pick up a few more games before the launch window is closed, but Mario is the only title I will get with the console on launch day.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts
wii u deluxe,,,so nintendoland,blops2,mass effect3,zombieu