Lego Star Wars- complete saga review (Wii vs. PS3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Anberlin_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Anberlin_2004
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
own both systems and rented the game for both. This is non-biased review. The game is great on both and you cannot loose on either system. Just for the record, the so-called screen ripping appears in both versions and it's not as bad as people make it seem. Screen ripping appears in the first game also if one looks closley.

Wii version :

What's good:

The controls are a blast. Using the controls seem ackward at first, however, it soon becomes natural using the Wiimote as a lightsaber (the button can be used if this feature becomes tiresome). The loading times are effecient. The Wiimote provides rumble for this game.

What's not-so-good:

The graphics are decent, but not not nearly as good as the PS3. Still, itlooks better than the Gamecube/PS2's previous lego SW games. It would have beennice if the Gamecube controller could be used as an option.

Playstation 3 version :

What's good:

It looks incredible and the graphics are smoother than the Wii. Thisgame has never looked better.One may prefer this version due to the very comfortable Playstation Controller that has that familiar layout that hasn't changed for over 10 years. It has Online Support which is something that is never been done with this games series before.

What's not-so-good:

The loading times ranging from 17-21 seconds where the Wii is only9 seconds at the most. There is no rumble in this game due to the 6 axis controller not having this feature. The "motion controls" are fun, but it's less frustrating (at times)to steer with the analog stick (fortunately, it has an option to shut the motion feature off, so this is not really a bad thing).

What is different than the Lego SW& SW 2 (OT) games :

All of the episodes are in the Cantina Hub. There isbounty hunter missions, red bricks, storm trooper/bounty hunter doors not found in the first Lego game. The original music from SW Episode III is used in this game which was not previously used. Many new characters (Watto, Indiana Jones)appear in the Saga version. There is a trailor for the upcomming Lego Indiana Jones game. Each Episode has a theme environment now. (For example, Episode V has snow in the entrance).

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts
thnx this is prettty good analysis between the two. I dont get why the Wii version has no online.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

thnx this is prettty good analysis between the two. I dont get why the Wii version has no online.Cyber-

Same it just doesn't make any sense, I mean the Wii has online so why not include it?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyber-
right now publishers are ridiculous. they have this idea that there is no hardcore gamers on Wii, so they think theye can half ass their games to squeeze a profit. Wii gamers are hardcores so whent hey see crappy games they are not gonna buy em.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

right now publishers are ridiculous. they have this idea that there is no hardcore gamers on Wii, so they think theye can half ass their games to squeeze a profit. Wii gamers are hardcores so whent hey see crappy games they are not gonna buy em.Cyber-

but for every hardcore wii gamers thates like 5 casual and nongamers who will buy it...thus they get that quick buck they wanted (its why the wii has ben minigame spammed)

Anberlin_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Anberlin_2004
I will probably end up getting both versions. For the PS3- it's the graphics and for the Wii- it's the unique control set-up.The Wii controller also provides sound which I think is pretty cool also.I'll get one now and the other when it becomes a budget title. I am sure Harry Potter and Pirates are other titles they are looking into since they make the toys for these movies.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cyber-
I can honestly say I dont give a crap how good legos look but it does bug me that the Wii version does not have online. Also I think for the next Star wars Lego game they should make the Wii controls more in depth meaning you can decide where you hit the lightsaber or gun instead of randomnes.
talool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 talool1
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
they didnt put online on wii cuz they ***** and they either didnt realy put online in PS3 they only put it cuz if they werent no one would buy this game cuz almost every PS3 game has online
Anberlin_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Anberlin_2004

More unique controls for the Wii would be nice. Like the PS3's motion controls in the game, one will find it cool for awhile and want to return to the normal controls soon.

One thing that I didn't mention that is differen't about this version compared to the previous 2 games. The True Jedi Meter was taken out of the Free Play Levels which is a bummer because I liked how it was added in the Original Trilogy. However, they do provide a Challange mode where you are timed to find 10 additional blue cannisters which adds to the game's value. I know some people don't care about the graphics on this game, but it does look really nice on the PS3. Don't get me wrong, the Wii looks great too as I could see a vast improvement from Gamecube to Wii. One additional difference between the Wii and the PS3 is the sound output. The PS3 has Dolby Digital and the Wii has Dolby Pro-Logic II. Differences will only be noticed with a Receiver that encodes DD.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cyber-

More unique controls for the Wii would be nice. Like the PS3's motion controls in the game, one will find it cool for awhile and want to return to the normal controls soon.

One thing that I didn't mention that is differen't about this version compared to the previous 2 games. The True Jedi Meter was taken out of the Free Play Levels which is a bummer because I liked how it was added in the Original Trilogy. However, they do provide a Challange mode where you are timed to find 10 additional blue cannisters which adds to the game's value. I know some people don't care about the graphics on this game, but it does look really nice on the PS3. Don't get me wrong, the Wii looks great too as I could see a vast improvement from Gamecube to Wii. One additional difference between the Wii and the PS3 is the sound output. The PS3 has Dolby Digital and the Wii has Dolby Pro-Logic II. Differences will only be noticed with a Receiver that encodes DD.

Anberlin_2004

The Wii controls are nice in that you can having to move without pressing a button seems alot faster and more fluid but it does not change buch, its pretty much a really convenient button. I am hoping if they do a "what-if" third trilogy that there is an 4 directional control. Up down left right swing the wiimote in those direction and they go in those directions. The motion controls are really basic but they would potentially make it much more accurate. As well as being able to move stuff with the force be really cool.

jayo4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jayo4
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

I got the Wii verson, since I have a Wii. Well the fact that the graphics are improved from the GCN versions is fine enough for me, it shows it wasn't just a port of a PS2 game!

Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyber-"]thnx this is prettty good analysis between the two. I dont get why the Wii version has no online.St_muscat

Same it just doesn't make any sense, I mean the Wii has online so why not include it?

I'll tell you why, a lot of what co-op is is COMMUNICATION. Wii Speak wasn't out yet, and if you wanted something you may be paired with someone who's a retard or if you are playing with a friend, your friend may be retarded and just spend his time hacking at you for no reason. That's why there is no online.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
So...ummmm....if you had to choose one, which would it be?
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

why bump this after like 2 years?!