Lego City Undercover

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

Who else is getting this?  The stuff on youtube looks great.  I'm getting this before Need for Speed easily.. 

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts
I'm the opposite. I'm getting MH3U, and NFS MW U on Tuesday. Lego City Undercover looks good and all but its wayyyyy down on my list of Wii U games of this year.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's probably the only game worth getting on the console this year so far

Monster Hunter is just the Wii game and Need for Speed is overpriced.

That being said it's a third party Nintendo game, it'll drop.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

It's probably the only game worth getting on the console this year so far

Monster Hunter is just the Wii game and Need for Speed is overpriced.

That being said it's a third party Nintendo game, it'll drop.

Jaysonguy
I think third party titles tend to drop in price on all consoles, even popular games. I wasn't seeing a lot of that trend going on with Wii 3rd party games earlier on in its lifespan, but there is quite a bit of it going on now. Which is nice. I'm getting Lego City, can't wait. It looks pretty fun
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
I'll be getting it, I have $10 in BestBuy reward certificates I'm going to use on it to get it for $40.
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I'll be getting it. At first I was reluctant, but after seeing the latest trailers I'm interested.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
Hmmm... Comes out the same day as Tri. My £'s are already spent.
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
I wonder if it will be in most stores on Monday.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Tri demo sucked. I just preordered Lego city, looks good plus I got my figure for my collection lol
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Yeah, I'm getting it next week.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
If I had a wii u, yes, yes I would. But I don't have a Wii U Lego City Undercover and injustice are the only two wii u games for the next 7 months I even care about at this time. But if I don't ever play them, it's no big deal. Besides, both games will be dropped in price within the next 12 months anyway, if not before year's end. So, I'd waiting either way, whether I had one or not.
Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

Well I'm on chapter 12 I believe now.  It's a fun game.  Collecting has never been more fun.  I think the loading screen criticism is a bit much.  The story keeps the game moving, and the lines are pretty funny.  I can't wait to beat the story and start finding all the secrets. I'm actually looking forward to that!!!!!!!  This isn't something I usually do, ever... but in lego city it's a worthy challenge.

my only complaint is that, if you turn the volume up you notice it more, the voice samples are a bit low quality.  Not the acting but the actual sound.  

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#13 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Well I'm on chapter 12 I believe now.  It's a fun game.  Collecting has never been more fun.  I think the loading screen criticism is a bit much.  The story keeps the game moving, and the lines are pretty funny.  I can't wait to beat the story and start finding all the secrets. I'm actually looking forward to that!!!!!!!  This isn't something I usually do, ever... but in lego city it's a worthy challenge.

my only complaint is that, if you turn the volume up you notice it more, the voice samples are a bit low quality.  Not the acting but the actual sound.  

Selkc
The loading screen warrants its criticism. Loads for about 20 seconds for a cutscene, then loads for another 20 to start the game. Regardless of that, it is a blast. I am just LOVING the writing. Seriously, one of the funniest games I ever played.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

The Pros so far: Genuinely funny. 

The Cons so far: Loading...loading...Vehicle control is attrocious. It is a pretty boring game so far. I bought it to have something to play with my kids though and they absolutely love it so it was money well spent. 

santiodarc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 santiodarc
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'd rather have the wii u version just because of the extra features.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I plan on buying this tomorrow due to the story/focus on pop culture. Despite the loading times, it looks like a really funny game, and is actually the reason why I picked up a Wii U in the first place, as strange as that sounds.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
looks good, but there's wayyyy too many cheesy puns. hilarious, but gets old.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

If I had a wii u, yes, yes I would. But I don't have a Wii U Lego City Undercover and injustice are the only two wii u games for the next 7 months I even care about at this time. But if I don't ever play them, it's no big deal. Besides, both games will be dropped in price within the next 12 months anyway, if not before year's end. So, I'd waiting either way, whether I had one or not.wiifan001

what games are you waiting for to get a wiiU wiifan?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]If I had a wii u, yes, yes I would. But I don't have a Wii U Lego City Undercover and injustice are the only two wii u games for the next 7 months I even care about at this time. But if I don't ever play them, it's no big deal. Besides, both games will be dropped in price within the next 12 months anyway, if not before year's end. So, I'd waiting either way, whether I had one or not.KBFloYd

what games are you waiting for to get a wiiU wiifan?

So right now there's nothing for me but New Super Mario Bros U (blame Steam for the inevitable lower prices; Why I would pay $60 for Arkham city when I can get its goty edition for $7.50?) Well, there's Yoshi's Epic Yarn, the Monolith Soft title, and the legend of zelda wii u I'm interested in Then there's supposedly an upcoming Mario kart a, mario platformer, and super smash bros 4 shown at e3. I think by after E3 my desire to wanting a wii u will be close but not quite "sold" yet. Throw in a couple more games with those above,^ and a price drop...and maybe I'll be sold. There's also other platforms coming up and the Wii U is having enough problems drawing me to want the Wii U version of multiplats that I couldn't get cheaper on Steam if I just wait about a 12-18 months for them to drop to $5 at some point.
Guovssohas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Guovssohas
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts
If i had a WiiU i would get it, it looks quite good actually.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KBFloYd

So right now there's nothing for me but New Super Mario Bros U (blame Steam for the inevitable lower prices; Why I would pay $60 for Arkham city when I can get its goty edition for $7.50?) Well, there's Yoshi's Epic Yarn, the Monolith Soft title, and the legend of zelda wii u I'm interested in Then there's supposedly an upcoming Mario kart a, mario platformer, and super smash bros 4 shown at e3. I think by after E3 my desire to wanting a wii u will be close but not quite "sold" yet. Throw in a couple more games with those above,^ and a price drop...and maybe I'll be sold. There's also other platforms coming up and the Wii U is having enough problems drawing me to want the Wii U version of multiplats that I couldn't get cheaper on Steam if I just wait about a 12-18 months for them to drop to $5 at some point.wiifan001

sounds like you might be a wii U owner this holiday season...maybe

or unless you buy a ps4 at launch. would you buy a ps4 at launch?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]So right now there's nothing for me but New Super Mario Bros U (blame Steam for the inevitable lower prices; Why I would pay $60 for Arkham city when I can get its goty edition for $7.50?) Well, there's Yoshi's Epic Yarn, the Monolith Soft title, and the legend of zelda wii u I'm interested in Then there's supposedly an upcoming Mario kart a, mario platformer, and super smash bros 4 shown at e3. I think by after E3 my desire to wanting a wii u will be close but not quite "sold" yet. Throw in a couple more games with those above,^ and a price drop...and maybe I'll be sold. There's also other platforms coming up and the Wii U is having enough problems drawing me to want the Wii U version of multiplats that I couldn't get cheaper on Steam if I just wait about a 12-18 months for them to drop to $5 at some point.KBFloYd

sounds like you might be a wii U owner this holiday season...maybe

or unless you buy a ps4 at launch. would you buy a ps4 at launch?

Nah, never owned anything that wasn't on a pc (Steam) or on a nintendo platform, so buying a playstation or xbox console is almost completely new territory for me. I'd be buying an expensive console with franchises I've never played. I'd have to be absolutely certain I'd get my money's worth for any console (the Wii took no time). If two things are certain: Steam will be primary for the next couple years (17 games in my backlog right now), and as for now the most likely platform is still the Wii U..and even that's an if .. Could change after E3, but I'm open to considering a ps4 or nextbox.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I'd rather have the wii u version just because of the extra features.   santiodarc
As opposed to what, the Game Gear version?
Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

The game looks good from what I've seen. If you own a WiiU, it's a good game to get not only because you'd enjoy it, but to show support for the system and third-party games. I think the WiiU is in trouble and this really would be a case of voting with our wallets.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I've been playing it for a few hours. Driving is pretty bad, and jumping can suck at times too, but overall it's the best WiiU game so far. The writing is hilarious, I mean it is really funny. Probably the funniest writing since a GTA game. I'm just going through the story, because that is what interests me, but there are a lot of collectibles like bricks and characters and such. If you own a WiiU, you should totally get this game, especially since it's only $50 as opposed to the normal $60.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I plan on getting it at some point in the near future. First I'm getting Luigi's Mansion 2 though.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JustPlainLucas
I've been playing it for a few hours. Driving is pretty bad, and jumping can suck at times too, but overall it's the best WiiU game so far. The writing is hilarious, I mean it is really funny. Probably the funniest writing since a GTA game. I'm just going through the story, because that is what interests me, but there are a lot of collectibles like bricks and characters and such. If you own a WiiU, you should totally get this game, especially since it's only $50 as opposed to the normal $60.TonyDanzaFan
Two issues Traveler's Tales never gets right.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I have Lego City Undercover. I've beaten it just last night. But I've only completed 30% of the game:shock:! Everyday that I have play the game, it just gets better and better. The only problem I have with it is the load times (hopefully that gets patched soon), but the load times arent really a problem if you play the game for long sessions. I generally play it for about 4-6 hours a day. So far since launch and first putting the game into my Wii U, I have played it for 24 hours. The game does start out a bit slow, but I tell you, each and every chapter deeper you get into the game, the more amazing the game becomes. And I can say with full confidence that since beating the games story, I want to start buying and building lego sets again:lol:

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JustPlainLucas

I have Lego City Undercover. I've beaten it just last night. But I've only completed 30% of the game:shock:! Everyday that I have play the game, it just gets better and better. The only problem I have with it is the load times (hopefully that gets patched soon), but the load times arent really a problem if you play the game for long sessions. I generally play it for about 4-6 hours a day. So far since launch and first putting the game into my Wii U, I have played it for 24 hours. The game does start out a bit slow, but I tell you, each and every chapter deeper you get into the game, the more amazing the game becomes. And I can say with full confidence that since beating the games story, I want to start buying and building lego sets again:lol:

Gamingclone
Yeah, seriously. I'm in the mood to whip out my train set (yes, it's the original train set of the 80s) again and let the thing go.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JustPlainLucas
So, I just beat the game. The last level... was just simply epic! Took me by surprise for a Lego game. Anyway, play clock was around 20 hours and I'm only... 37%! Man, this game has value!
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Does it have online multiplayer?
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JustPlainLucas
Does it have online multiplayer?nini200
No, and it's so big, it doesn't need it.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

the only funny characte in the game is Frank Honey idk who the voice actor is but Frank deserves his own game

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I just picked it up and played through the first 2 chapters. It really is good. I have to agree that the driving and jumping could be much improved. I don't remember the Lego Star Wars games having jumping be this inaccurate. Also, the frame rate jump (between 60 and 30) is noticeable.

That aside, the game is a lot of fun. The writing is very funny. And this really is Lego GTA. I'd recommend it to anyone.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KBFloYd

vgcharts says this game is selling better than monster hunter 3 Ultimate...

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JustPlainLucas

vgcharts says this game is selling better than monster hunter 3 Ultimate...

KBFloYd
A fresh game selling more than a rerelease? As it should be.
Noaupz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Noaupz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
A.K.A: Lego city grand theft auto
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

hehehe..so many movie references..is Mr. Chan asian gang boss suppose to be Sammo Hung from S.P.L HK movie? ..he seems like it. :P

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#41 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

If you like what you see in these videos, you can get this game if you are interested.

http://www.gamespot.com/lego-city-undercover/videos/

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

My order arrived from Target on the 23rd and I got 100% in 46 gameplay hours in three days.... Sometimes being NEET can be a real bummer.

For the record, I really enjoyed LCU, as that should be obvious. Not the best game I've played this year, but certainly the most "fun."