Last Story localization confirmed by Sakaguchi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

... again, for Europe. http://www.livewii.fr/news/157432-Sakaguchi_confirme_The_Last_Story_en_Europe (French article, but you should get it, also posted on several German sites, NeoGAF, etc.)

I guess he probably wasn't allowed to spill that one out yet, since it will probably be announced world wide at E3 imo.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

Well, I did remember them registering it for both Europe and America. But nice to have an official confirmation, here is what I think of this.

Hopefully it will come to the states as well.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

for Europe.

MangaPicture

F***!!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Please E3, please.

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

I'm happy with this :P

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I would be disappointed but not at all surprised if they chose to skip North America for these games, considering our obsession with shooting people in the face and finding anything else boring. :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

I would be disappointed but not at all surprised if they chose to skip North America for these games, considering our obsession with shooting people in the face and finding anything else boring. :P

GabuEx
this. the badmouthing of the JRPG genre among the western masses saddens me. here's hope that this game gets to NA... with british voice actors :P
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Yeah but this game markets itself, with the creator of Final Fantasy naming it The Last Story, but hey I say given the release and the huge marketing push that Tri got; a series that has bombed on consoles everywhere. I like this games chances.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I hope you Americans get it,but it would be a pity if you won't :/

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
is NoE localizing this one too? I'm not as worried about this one as I am Xenoblade, apparently The Last Story is "unfinished".
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Yeah but this game markets itself, with the creator of Final Fantasy naming it The Last Story, but hey I say given the release and the huge marketing push that Tri got; a series that has bombed on consoles everywhere. I like this games chances. Sepewrath
Compared to home console Monster Hunter games (the handheld games are another story which I will not discuss outside of System Wars), Monster Hunter Tri is the best-selling.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I know, its because of the huge marketing push it got, all the other console games sold terribly, there would be no reason to expect Tri to be any different. But they took a chance and it did very well, still didn't touch the handheld scene, but few games can get there.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I'm sure Nintendo will anounce the localization of The Last Story and Xenoblade. It wouldn't surprise me if Zelda, Kirby, Xenoblade, and Last Story were some of the last Wii games.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

BrunoBRS

this. the badmouthing of the JRPG genre among the western masses saddens me. here's hope that this game gets to NA... with british voice actors :P

what does this teach us? Never piss off the japanise, or they might never release their games in your country :P

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Bad day for US Wii owners that are RPG fans :( (me). Last Story and Xenoblade look less and less likely to be released here. This is why I hate region locks
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Good news, Last Story and Xenoblade both gonna out here in Europe. If new Kirby and Trauma Team made it too, along with Zelda, that'd be a decent lineup to look forward to before Wii dies.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Bad day for US Wii owners that are RPG fans :( (me). Last Story and Xenoblade look less and less likely to be released here. This is why I hate region locks

Yes they are awful, so sweet to order Canadian PS3 games and play away no problem, should be like that for everything.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
day one purhace for me after xenoblade now voming and last story gorgeous news
mizar91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mizar91
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Okay, now they've only goy to announce Pandora's Tower localization and the Wii can fade into retirement

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

GabuEx

What makes this disappointing is that we're talking about the Wii here, the one system on the market that doesn't seem to have a large group of the crowd that you speak of. Heck, it's often a cause for celebration if a Wii FPS manages to crack a million sales, which is pretty sad when you think of not only comparable sales elsewhere, but the Wii's userbase. But I digress. :P

The Wii could STILL use a respectable RPG after all of these years (at least in North America; Japan DID see Tales of Graces on the system), and you'd think that with the game's developing pedigree and Nintendo's marketing magic, Last Story would have a shot at finding a pretty decent group of people to sell to, and 'decent' might be an understatement. You don't think slapping a "From the creator of Final Fantasy" in a commercial or ad and then showing an impressive RPG would draw at least a little bit of attention (not 'you' directly)? I'm not sure what Nintendo's thought process is here, but if the Wii is going to even last long enough to make way for a new system or even Skyward Sword, it's going to have to have some software to re-ignite some kind of interest for the time being.

It's hard to be optimistic, but I'm still hopeful that the game can get the care that it deserves and finally make its way across the Pacific one day.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Okay, now they've only goy to announce Pandora's Tower localization and the Wii can fade into retirement

mizar91

What about the Curse of the Magic that is EAD Tokyo's new IP and it is scheduled for Japan in 2012.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Definitely looking forward to this one.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
I hope so. Wii lineup has been pretty lousy lately and it would be nice if we got ports of the jrps and other games US doesnt have yet. Either way, nintendo needs to do something or they are basicially giving up on Wii. other then LoZ SS and maybe Kirby. i havent bought a new Wii game since DKCr....but i did get lost in shadow used and it isnt bad. but wheres tthe big releases?