Kirby: Mass Attack?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1 cammby
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts

Haven't had a Nintendo product since the Super Nintendo, but bought a 3DS for daughter. Is this game ok for a 6yr old? Or would it be too difficult?

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Haven't had a Nintendo product since the Super Nintendo, but bought a 3DS for daughter. Is this game ok for a 6yr old? Or would it be too difficult?

cammby
I think you have to make sure she doesn't use the 3D feature if she is too young, as it might hurt her eyes, though i don't know how old a child should be to use the 3D. Just telling you in case.
cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cammby
I think you have to make sure she doesn't use the 3D feature if she is too young, as it might hurt her eyes, though i don't know how old a child should be to use the 3D. Just telling you in case.hydralisk86
Yep, thanks hydralisk but already aware to turn off 3D capability on games. Anyone know some good game suggestions for a very young gamer? She's played games like Toy Story 3 and Fable Heroes on the 360 if that matters.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D Land, and Nintendogs+cats

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D Land, and Nintendogs+cats

nintendoman562

Probably this, especially Nintendogs. I know a 7 year old girl who really likes it. Also there are tons of games, especially on the DS, targeted at young females. Just recently there was a 3DS game where you could style models for a catwalk (or whatever it's called), there are tons of animal-caring games, stuff like Cooing Mama etc.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Kirby: Mass Attack is a wicked cute and fun game. It is difficult to tell whether or not your child would be able to handle it as different children progress at different rates. My oldest son has been playing video games since he was six but he really just started developing skill for them now (he is nine). Now he can play Mass Attack but I would not have bothered with it for him at six. The game is pretty easy but you have to understand certain concepts like needing a certain amount of Kirby's to progress past certain obstacles. If your child is good at paying attention and putting things together I would recommend it but if she does not pay attention to what she is doing and just likes to run through games I would pass.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I would recommend other games like Knights in the Nightmare.
gopromiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gopromiller
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
yeah. i think so,New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D Land, and Nintendogs+cats .thank you
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

the 3ds is a great handheld for everyone

i recently bought a 3ds to my 10 years old daughter with nintendogs+cats 3d and super mario 3d land she loves those games, specially washing and playing with the dogs. she likes super mario too but she sucks a little at it

you need to pick a game not too hard and not too easy becasue the children get frustrated easily but its ok also that they learn to get over hard stuff even in videogames.

when my daughter begin to get tired of not being able to finish a course i sit down right next to her and help her a little

there also this gamehttp://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/otyLu42P6DIJAbPNFWBZlFZhk6GbLoN9

and the ds library is full of girl games about pets, unicorns, clothes, etc

Hrothgarfunkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hrothgarfunkel
Member since 2009 • 248 Posts

[QUOTE="cammby"]

hydralisk86

I think you have to make sure she doesn't use the 3D feature if she is too young, as it might hurt her eyes, though i don't know how old a child should be to use the 3D. Just telling you in case.

Mass Attack isnt in 3D. It is a regular DS game.

It is very fun, and a small child would be able to enjoy the cuteness of the little kirbys etc. But, I would think some of the puzzle/hidden stuff might be too difficult for her.

If you have a wii you can download a demo of mass attack from the Nintendo Channel to play on your 3DS. I think it gives you a small sample of the first level and you could see how she does with that.

Nintatterdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nintatterdemon
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts
Mass Attack was pretty fun and you can get it at a good price...seems like it'd be appropriate for a kid. Some parts might be a little tough but she'll figure it out.
cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cammby

Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#13 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd reccomend other Kirby games like Superstar Ultra or Squeak Squad, cuz Mass Attack is probably a bit too tough for a 6 year old.