Kingdom Hearts Wii????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
What are the chances that square brings at least one of their big franchises to the Wii? (and I don't mean with spin off games like Dragon Quest Swords or FF Crystal Chronicles).  I am hoping they bring the Kingdom Hearts franchise to the Wii with Kingdom Hearts3.  The Wiimote would be perfect for it.
Avatar image for Jin_the_samurai
Jin_the_samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jin_the_samurai
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts

I wish KH3 would come to the Wii but it will most likely go to the PS3 because Nomura talked about KH3 in a Playstation magazine and the first two were on the PS2. The Wii might get a spinoff though because Nomura said he was going to work on multiple KH games in the Future.

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts
Nomura said that the next KH could be for any system including the PsP and 360 but yea most likely it'll be for the PS3.I know when I say this that out of everyone i want a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii more than anything.(Looks at sig and icon

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Nomura said that the next KH could be for any system including the PsP and 360 but yea most likely it'll be for the PS3.I know when I say this that out of everyone i want a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii more than anything.(Looks at sig and icon
SonicBalla
YES
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#5 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I still believe the actions for a Kingdom Hearts game are too fast for a wave with the Wii-mote or a flick of the wrist.  Could it be done?  Yeah but it won't be exactly like swinging the Keyblade which is to be expected but still.  And if you were to just play it with the standard controller or the Gamecube controller, well whats the point of putting it on the Wii then?

I want it on either the 360 or the PS3 because of the graphics upgrade (I'm not a big graphics man, but just thinking about KH3 with Final Fantasy XIII graphics gets me excited) and the worlds and areas could be bigger.  If KH2 has any drawbacks for me, its that every area seems so small. 

I have nothing against a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii, I mean if it gets a spin-off like Chain of Memories that would be great.  But all the games I want are on either the 360 or the PS3 (equal amount at this point actually) and whichever system KH3 lands on is the one I'm buying because I have no plans to pick up a Wii in the future.  If this game does go to Wii, I guess I'll have to change my mind and buy one then. 

jacnewforce07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jacnewforce07
Member since 2006 • 242 Posts
KINGDOM HEARTS 3 FOR THE Wii WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!
Thiel1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thiel1989
Member since 2006 • 2258 Posts
I'm praying for it to come for the Wii
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
I don't care how they do it...it could be 5-discs long w/ wii graphics...but i REALLY WANT KH3 on the wii...i'm sure they could make it work...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I still believe the actions for a Kingdom Hearts game are too fast for a wave with the Wii-mote or a flick of the wrist.  Could it be done?  Yeah but it won't be exactly like swinging the Keyblade which is to be expected but still.  And if you were to just play it with the standard controller or the Gamecube controller, well whats the point of putting it on the Wii then?

I want it on either the 360 or the PS3 because of the graphics upgrade (I'm not a big graphics man, but just thinking about KH3 with Final Fantasy XIII graphics gets me excited) and the worlds and areas could be bigger.  If KH2 has any drawbacks for me, its that every area seems so small. 

I have nothing against a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii, I mean if it gets a spin-off like Chain of Memories that would be great.  But all the games I want are on either the 360 or the PS3 (equal amount at this point actually) and whichever system KH3 lands on is the one I'm buying because I have no plans to pick up a Wii in the future.  If this game does go to Wii, I guess I'll have to change my mind and buy one then. 

Zassimick
I dont even play Kingdom Hearts but I have seen the game in action many times, and it is not as fast paced as you make it out to be. The Wiimote could easily take the place of button mashing, also when it comes to graphics its a cartoony game, it wont have photorealistic graphics or anything like that no matter what system its on. Also the point of putting it on the Wii even if they didnt use the controller is for revenue, making that game multiplatform would expand thier market by leaps and bounds. Not to mention with the PS3's lackluster sales, I doubt that this game wont be present on at least the PS2 as well. Meaning that it wont be difficult to make the game multiplat.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zassimick  Moderator
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

Sepewrath

I dont even play Kingdom Hearts but I have seen the game in action many times, and it is not as fast paced as you make it out to be. The Wiimote could easily take the place of button mashing, also when it comes to graphics its a cartoony game, it wont have photorealistic graphics or anything like that no matter what system its on. Also the point of putting it on the Wii even if they didnt use the controller is for revenue, making that game multiplatform would expand thier market by leaps and bounds. Not to mention with the PS3's lackluster sales, I doubt that this game wont be present on at least the PS2 as well. Meaning that it wont be difficult to make the game multiplat.

Kingdom Hearts 1 gameplay isn't that fast-paced, but Kingdom Hearts 2 gameplay is pretty fast.  I found myself constantly pressing the X and square button on the PS2 during fighting, which maybe I am being thick-minded on the matter but I still believe that the gameplay is too fast. 

And yeah, I know that KH is a "cartoony" series, but now that Disney has Pixar they can expand into those worlds which is actually possible with PS3 or 360 hardware I believe (by the time this game comes out it may be a reality).  Will they go to those Pixar worlds?  Don't know yet, but if they don't well I guess this part of the debate is flawed. 

And I do know what you mean by the talk of sales and revenue.  Of course it is the smart thing to sell it on the Wii because of how much they could actually sell, that is, at the present time.  By the time KH3 is announced or does come out the PS3 will have more units sold and a larger user-base, because this game probably won't be released until 2009 sadly.  And crap...now I did what I didn't want to do and that was turn it into a system war thing...sorry about that. 

I guess we'll find out which system it is on at the end of summer because that is when Nomura plans to release new KH3 info.  On a side note (kind of), Nomura has stated he wants to finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII before he starts working on KH again, and he wants to implement stuff that he uses in FFVSXIII.  So I don't know, take that as you will, just thought I would bring it up. 

brainless74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brainless74
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I love KH2 on PS2 and I have the Wii, KH3 on it would be the best hing ever.  And all the controls would fit perfect for everything.

k_mich05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k_mich05
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts
It'd be cool, but for now we'll all have to wait and see.
CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 CharmedGamer
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

I'm praying for it to come for the WiiThiel1989

Not gonna happen. Wii may get spin-offs, but the systems hardware just isn't good enough for what the development team wants to do in terms of graphics memory length and voice acting.

audiotycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 audiotycoon
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts
 When you consider that the first KH came out in the first year of PS2, and the second came out in in the last year...
That's a lot of waiting between games.  (Not that I'm complaining, totally worth it)  Chances are we'll wait just as long.  But I think they COULD make the wii's controls work in that time, and so it's a possiblity, and nothing more.
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts

I still believe the actions for a Kingdom Hearts game are too fast for a wave with the Wii-mote or a flick of the wrist. Could it be done? Yeah but it won't be exactly like swinging the Keyblade which is to be expected but still. And if you were to just play it with the standard controller or the Gamecube controller, well whats the point of putting it on the Wii then?

I want it on either the 360 or the PS3 because of the graphics upgrade (I'm not a big graphics man, but just thinking about KH3 with Final Fantasy XIII graphics gets me excited) and the worlds and areas could be bigger. If KH2 has any drawbacks for me, its that every area seems so small.

I have nothing against a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii, I mean if it gets a spin-off like Chain of Memories that would be great. But all the games I want are on either the 360 or the PS3 (equal amount at this point actually) and whichever system KH3 lands on is the one I'm buying because I have no plans to pick up a Wii in the future. If this game does go to Wii, I guess I'll have to change my mind and buy one then.

Zassimick
You say if they used a standard controller for the wii it would be pointless the point would be not everybody can affor to have multiple systems. If you have no plans to pick up a Wii why are you even in the Wii forums?
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zassimick  Moderator
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

I still believe the actions for a Kingdom Hearts game are too fast for a wave with the Wii-mote or a flick of the wrist. Could it be done? Yeah but it won't be exactly like swinging the Keyblade which is to be expected but still. And if you were to just play it with the standard controller or the Gamecube controller, well whats the point of putting it on the Wii then?

I want it on either the 360 or the PS3 because of the graphics upgrade (I'm not a big graphics man, but just thinking about KH3 with Final Fantasy XIII graphics gets me excited) and the worlds and areas could be bigger. If KH2 has any drawbacks for me, its that every area seems so small.

I have nothing against a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii, I mean if it gets a spin-off like Chain of Memories that would be great. But all the games I want are on either the 360 or the PS3 (equal amount at this point actually) and whichever system KH3 lands on is the one I'm buying because I have no plans to pick up a Wii in the future. If this game does go to Wii, I guess I'll have to change my mind and buy one then.

spendinbig

You say if they used a standard controller for the wii it would be pointless the point would be not everybody can affor to have multiple systems. If you have no plans to pick up a Wii why are you even in the Wii forums?

One reason I am in the Wii forums is because I saw the topic title "Kingdom Hearts Wii????" on the forum page that shows recent topics or whatever they are, so I thought I would check them out.  Second, are you saying that just because I don't plan to get a Wii that I can't read up on what people have to say on the system?  I like Nintendo, and where better to get new info on some games than in a Nintendo-based forum where other people look around and then post that information for you because you don't exactly know where to look. 

That is true what you say about not everyone can afford multiple systems.  I can't, being in college and having other expenses that must come before video games.  But if they were going to go with anything then, I would think they would choose the 360 because the userbase there is already large, many have one, and the standard controller is there.  What I'm trying to say is with exclusives, some people get left in the dust.  If the game goes to Wii, some PS3 owners could be left without the game and vice versa. 

Some companies would do this, just put the game on the Wii without taking advantage of the Wii-mote so they could get a quick buck.  But if they weren't going to take advantage of the Wii-mote,  I doubt a company like Square-Enix, with a title as big as KH3, would put it on the Wii then.  I'm not saying that is what they will do, nor am I saying that its a bad decision to put it on the Wii.  I'm just putting my thoughts in where I would want the big title to go (since this topic is asking what would you think of KH wii?).  I hope that wasn't too confusing or anything, kinda typed it in a hurry. 

spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
Well said
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
i want KH on the wii also . I dont care if they bring part 1 or 2, i just want it. Part 3 looks like something from MM : Power Rangers judging from the trailer :lol:
-Gijutsu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Gijutsu-
Member since 2005 • 8227 Posts
0%
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 roboccs

[QUOTE="Thiel1989"]I'm praying for it to come for the WiiCharmedGamer

Not gonna happen. Wii may get spin-offs, but the systems hardware just isn't good enough for what the development team wants to do in terms of graphics memory length and voice acting.

Kindom Hearts 1 and 2 for PS2 had good graphics but since the games had "cartoony" graphics i don't think you need the highest-end graphics for a great kingdom hearts game. The Wii graphics would be good enough for this type of game. Plus the wii mote would awsome for it. Plus, Square generally pushes the consoles they make their games on to the limit so they could probably get some pretty great graphics and presentation for a Kingdom Hearts game if they put some resoureces into it.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#21 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts

I'm praying for it to come for the WiiThiel1989

same. i'd settle for a spinoff but i'd prefer KH 3

slayerver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#22 slayerver1
Member since 2004 • 594 Posts
If Squenix is smart, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix for the Wii should happen.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
I'm sure and hope that'll be for the ps3
Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
As long as it is either on a 360 or Wii, I don't care.  I don't want it on Ps3, becuase that would be the only game I would want on it, and to tell you the truth, I dont want to spend 600 on it.
Flamepheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flamepheonix
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
I think its entirely possible because I mean we've already seen one major franchise move to a nintendo system this year ( Dragons quest) granted its a handheld but it opens the door.

Also ( though I personally dont believe this) lots of people see nintendo as kiddy therefor it would make sense to put kingdom hearts on the wii ( and I've played both the kingdom hearts games too and know their not really that kiddy, but I'm looking at this from a casuals point of view)

The point being I think its possible
JamesHirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JamesHirst
Member since 2006 • 1122 Posts
At this point anything is possible, but I sort of doubt it. But hey, I never thought it would be possible for Solid Snake to be on SSBB so who knows?
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Kingdom Hearts is really up for grabs it seems like.  It could end up on the Wii, PS3, or 360.  Square said that they wanted to support all consoles this gen, so it might end up on the 360.  But i wouldn't be surprised if it went to the Wii or PS3 also.
lightningbugx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lightningbugx
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts
What are the chances that square brings at least one of their big franchises to the Wii? (and I don't mean with spin off games like Dragon Quest Swords or FF Crystal Chronicles). I am hoping they bring the Kingdom Hearts franchise to the Wii with Kingdom Hearts3. The Wiimote would be perfect for it.roboccs

I do not know the chances, but I want to see a Mana series game on the Wii other than VC, although it would be awesome if SD3 would be translated and released on USA VC.  I also want to see a Chrono series game, same conditions (first one was great, second one was... good).
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Zassimick
actually.I think they could map sora's regular keyblade melee attacks to button presses, but then you could use motion gestures for reaction commands, spell casting, and certain limit breaks "ohand you could use the on sceen pointer for quick acessing the menue.......And gummiship levels could actually be awesome with the wii-mote's pointer. besides....KH's art style doesn't really require high end graphics. I don't want to see every feather rendered on Donald Duck's behind!
slip_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 slip_killer
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

Shinobishyguy
actually.I think they could map sora's regular keyblade melee attacks to button presses, but then you could use motion gestures for reaction commands, spell casting, and certain limit breaks "ohand you could use the on sceen pointer for quick acessing the menue.......And gummiship levels could actually be awesome with the wii-mote's pointer. besides....KH's art style doesn't really require high end graphics. I don't want to see every feather rendered on Donald Duck's behind!

you beat me to saying that!
LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts
I hope KH3 comes out on wii instead of ps3, the graphics of ps2 are fine, but they can be improved a little bit, perfect for wii, i dont want a High def kh3 with no new moves, i'd rather having an avererage improvement in graphics with a new control scheme... KH2 is one of my fav games and i'd love to see the sequel on a wii.:D  
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
It's not going to happen,one of the develoers who is working on ff13/versus has already said there working on KH3 for ps3 after they have finished both of those games
eyewho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 eyewho
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts
to above poster: i dont believe that they specifically stated ps3, send me a link and ill be glad to admit im wrong but i dont think it specifically states ps3

I believe this game is completely up for grabs. SE is a company that jumps around if they feel it nessesary. PSX used discs which made it a perfect fit for the FF series to switch to and so they did. They switched from Nintendo(where final fantasy originates) and moved to Sony. The popularity of the ps2 led them to remain on sonys side for yet another generation. This generation? who knows. At the rate we're moving we may see the wii and xbox 360 land some major square-enix franchises.
buckeye1186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 buckeye1186
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts
The Wii would be perfect for Kingdom Hearts 3. I absolutely loved the first Kingdom Hearts, and although I enjoyed KH2, I found it disappointing. It's probably the most button-mashy game I've ever played. Hell, in order to put the final blow on the final boss, you were required to mash X as hard as you possibly could. And it was a cakewalk compared to KH. Ridiculously easy. The Wiimote is the perfect remedy to the button mashing. It would add an insane amount of variety to the game, as opposed to mashing X over and over again. And in terms of graphics, the Wii is ideal. It's a significant step up from the PS2, which people seem to forget. And why would anyone want photorealism in a Kingdom Hearts game? Do you honestly want all of KH3 to look like the CGI intros and endings in the first two games? I thought Donald and Goofy looked freakish in them. And as DQ9 shows, Square Enix will not hesitate to jump ship with their franchises. I won't be surprised at all if SE puts KH3 on the Wii.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
50/50 PS3 to Wii. Either one has a real good chance. 360 maybe but most likely not.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts
It would be good if Kingdom Hearts 3 was on the Wii. Kingdom Hearts was on the PS2, Chain of Memories was on the GBA, Kingdom Hearts 2 was on the PS2. I think they should stick with the pattern and make Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii, it would makes sense.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#37 dsplayer1010
Member since 2007 • 502 Posts
Some guy who made it (i forget his name) said it was more likely on the Wii
subhumanpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 subhumanpunk
Member since 2005 • 2651 Posts
If this ever happens, they should make an attachable Keyblade for the Wiimote. :)
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 roboccs
Some guy who made it (i forget his name) said it was more likely on the Wiidsplayer1010
Where did you hear this? Any proof with a link or something. That would be awsome but I won't hold my breath until I hear it from SE.
0v3rcl0ck3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 0v3rcl0ck3d
Member since 2006 • 921 Posts
I would love a KH III on the wii, but really KH2 wrecked it for me.

KH is one of my fav games of all time because the story was so engrossing, the way they tried to make the sequel, it was interesting at first but turned bland afterwards
proudeskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 proudeskimo
Member since 2004 • 1762 Posts

Zassimick

If you think the actions are too fast you havent played some of the Sonic party games.
Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
What are the chances that square brings at least one of their big franchises to the Wii? (and I don't mean with spin off games like Dragon Quest Swords or FF Crystal Chronicles).  I am hoping they bring the Kingdom Hearts franchise to the Wii with Kingdom Hearts3.  The Wiimote would be perfect for it.roboccs
hope so but doubt it :?
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Maybe they want to see how well DQ:Sword and Crystal Chronicle sell first before they make an other game for the Wii, just a thought. But I know they are a strong supporter of the ds/gba and that the games they released on those console almost if not all rock
silent_seaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 silent_seaxx
Member since 2006 • 1322 Posts
I wish it would go on the Wii, but it's very doubtful.