Just make 3D games of Kirby,DK,Wario,and Yoshi,damnit!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I do mean 3D gameplay.

Just do it!

On the Wii U,they'd be awesome.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#2 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -

Donkey Kong? Maybe but 3D Donkey Kong never lived up to the Country series. Wario? Wasn't Wario's World terrible? Never played it and there doesn't seem to be much demand for 3D Wario over Wario Land.

You seem to have picked all series that are better in 2D (or on a 2D plane)

Mario seems like the only series that is actually different and proven to be just as good in 3D as it is in 2D. I'm not against games with those characters in 3D but none of them seem very likely.

Maybe like a Wario 3D Land game that plays like Super Mario 3D Land I suppose.

#3 Posted by Sepewrath (29961 posts) -
I pass on all of those, DKC is definitely better as 2D, Yoshi Island was better than Yoshi Story, The 2D Kirby games are always great and 3D should be left to Mario, Wario is fine in 2D.
#4 Posted by trugs26 (7529 posts) -

Eh. I think you can be a bit more clever and creative. It'd be a bit boring getting a bunch of 3D platformers. Just choose a few franchises and do it well in their own right. No need to duplicate gameplay across too many franchises. 

#5 Posted by simomate (1875 posts) -

I do mean 3D gameplay.

Just do it!

On the Wii U,they'd be awesome.

GreekGameManiac
No. Just make new IPS, damnnit Thats better :)
#6 Posted by IveDatedUrMom (451 posts) -
No, that's a terrible idea. These are terrible rehashes. Don't ever get a job at Nintendo.
#7 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Saw the thread title and immediately knew who the TC was.

I've been here too long...

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#8 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

I pass on all of those, DKC is definitely better as 2D, Yoshi Island was better than Yoshi Story, The 2D Kirby games are always great and 3D should be left to Mario, Wario is fine in 2D.Sepewrath
Yoshi's Story was still only 2D it was 3D models but it was a side-scroller.

#9 Posted by pierst179 (10805 posts) -

I feel like all of those work better in 2D.

However, if I were to support one of those character starring in a new 3D games, it would be DK. He would be a nice choice for a more open kind of platformer, since Mario seems to have gone the linear way. It would be a pleasant alternative.

#10 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
because we all know, 2D isn't worth full price. did i get your reasoning right?
#11 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

because we all know, 2D isn't worth full price. did i get your reasoning right?BrunoBRS

I never said that.

#12 Posted by thedude- (2369 posts) -

Donkey Kong? Maybe but 3D Donkey Kong never lived up to the Country series. Wario? Wasn't Wario's World terrible? Never played it and there doesn't seem to be much demand for 3D Wario over Wario Land.

Mario seems like the only series that is actually different and proven to be just as good in 3D as it is in 2D. I'm not against games with those characters in 3D but none of them seem very likely.

bonesawisready5
I would love a Wario 3D Land. That's brilliant!
#13 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Negative people.

#14 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

bonesawisready5

Well if at first you don't succeed then f*ck it.

But seriously, while those series haven't been great in 3D there is no reason as to without a bit of creativity they can't be great games in 3D. DK 64 made mistakes but wasn't bad because it was in 3D. They could make a much better one if they put the effort in.

#15 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because we all know, 2D isn't worth full price. did i get your reasoning right?GreekGameManiac

I never said that.

it was just a guess. why else would anyone want a 3D kirby or yoshi platformer?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#16 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

VendettaRed07

Well if at first you don't succeed then f*ck it.

But seriously, while those series haven't been great in 3D there is no reason as to without a bit of creativity they can't be great games in 3D. DK 64 made mistakes but wasn't bad because it was in 3D. They could make a much better one if they put the effort in.

Yoshi has never been in 3D outside of the main Mario series.

Donkey Kong 64's problems was there was too much collecting it was an either you love it or you hate it type of game.

#17 Posted by BombingSystems (140 posts) -

I agree with OP..

#18 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

I'd prefer DK to stay 2D, as 2D games lend to tighter level design and pure platforming. 3D platformers are a little weaker on the platforming but gives opportunity for more variety.. So idk, I'd rather see the Donkey Kong Country series continue in 2D, but I wouldn't be adamantly opposed to another 3D Donkey Kong game being made.

#19 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -
Donkey Kong 64 was fantastic and I'd love to see another.
#20 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Thanks for teh support,guys.

#21 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

A 3D version of a new Yoshi's Island would be fantastic!