Just got my 3DS and I am really impressed!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

talk2megoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 talk2megoose
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I just got my hands on a 3DS today and I have to say I am super impressed. The 3D technology is really impressive (better than I expected). The AR Cards are really cool. Now I just can't wait to but a game to play in it. Probably holding out until Zelda.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

My 3DS is getting rather dusty :P June will be a good time to start playing again, with all the good games coming out :)

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

I'm really glad you are having fun with it. It sucks that you have to wait till June though to actually play any real games on it. I hope to have one of these bad boys by the end of the year. :D

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 1954 Posts

Same here. I just got my 3DS two days ago and having fun so far. My favorite is the AR fishing. No new games yet until Zelda or maybe to see what the eshop will have in store.

vgamefreak225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vgamefreak225
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

My 3DS is getting rather dusty :P June will be a good time to start playing again, with all the good games coming out :)

gameofthering

I know you mentioned June, but why get a 3DS and pay $250 just to let it keep a dust collection? I mean why not just get it in June when the better games come out?

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

vgamefreak225

I know you mentioned June, but why get a 3DS and pay $250 just to let it keep a dust collection? I mean why not just get it in June when the better games come out?

This apply's to me also. I had the extra money so i figured why not get it now. I bought street fighter just to have something to mess around with till Zelda.

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

[QUOTE="vgamefreak225"]

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

jdc6305

This apply's to me also. I had the extra money so i figured why not get it now. I bought street fighter just to have something to mess around with till Zelda.

Same story here, except I actually love Street Fighter and am waiting for Kingdom Hearts, BlazBlue, and a slew of others. :P ALTHOUGH I've never played OOT so I might have to pick that up and see what all the fuss is about.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20783 Posts

ive been impressed ever since the green flag dropped , i have 5 games for it-pilot wings resort nintendogs plus cats asphalt 3d splintercell 3d and ghost recon shadow wars

plus the 2 free games-ar games and face raiders

congrats on the 3ds, im going to be picking up sims 3 and rayman 3d pretty soon

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts
Yeah I'm loving mine. I got mine from a buddy for $150 bucks so I couldn't pass it up. I haven't been able to get the AR cards to work but that's probably cuz I have really dark lights. For those of you that don't know Splinter Cell 3D is awesome. Just figured I'd throw that out there :D
MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1024 Posts

I got mine a little over a week ago.

I am in the same boat, I haven't gotten any 3DS games and am waiting for OoT 3DS for the first. However, I had more reason to get a 3DS as my old DS broke a couple of years ago and I couldn't play too many DS games (not any that operated in the top screen). So this system is my chance to play the DS games I have missed out on, and thery should keep me occupied until OoT 3DS easily.

I like the console as well. It's very different compared to the 2004 DS I've always had before. I just can't wait until June, because that's when all of the fun stuff comes!

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

vgamefreak225

It had somes game's out that wanted at launch, it's just that I've finished them now and have to wait till June for the rest. Much better than having every game all at once.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
I got mine early april, i had the cash and figured better get it before i can no longer afford it, i was super impressed by face raiders and the AR games, for the first week that was all i had but since then i bought shadow wars and pilot wings and the 3D was great in both those games.
Mii3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mii3DS
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Congrat's and I hope you enjoy 3DS as much as I am.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

I got mine on launch day and I'm still wondering if all those people saying the 3DS isn't good actually have a 3DS.... the technology is great, we just need a AAA title or two.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Agreed, it really is a good piece of hardware. I can't wait 'till the new firmware update. It should make it even better. :D

Anyone else here picking up Dead or Alive next week? :D BlazBlue comes out the wweek after that. The game are finally gonna start rolling in!!

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I started with Ridge Racer which is fairly good, but not enough to keep me busy. Now I'm on Street Fighter which is awesome. If you multiplat probably had it already but for me was great. I have TvsC in my Wii but is always good to try something more traditional Next month I hope to get RE which looks great! I'll hold for Zelda until it drops price, so maybe it will be a lot of time! And yes, AR games are great! I also like to fool around with the camera and I'm using it as my official MP3 player Regards
ale_gamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ale_gamr
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

I'm really glad you are having fun with it. It sucks that you have to wait till June though to actually play any real games on it. I hope to have one of these bad boys by the end of the year. :D

darksongbird

End of the year is NGP time... you're really getting a 3ds at the end of the year?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="darksongbird"]

ale_gamr

End of the year is NGP time... you're really getting a 3ds at the end of the year?

What's so great about the NGP again? t3h graffix?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I just got my hands on a 3DS today and I have to say I am super impressed. The 3D technology is really impressive (better than I expected). The AR Cards are really cool. Now I just can't wait to but a game to play in it. Probably holding out until Zelda.talk2megoose
Good for you. I suggest going to bestbuy and playing Pilotwings(its usually the game on display), but either play it until you beat a few stages or see if you can test out a further stage already unlocked. I do NOT understand the reviews for this game. Best launch title imo--it just takes a minute to get going. I wonder if reviewers even bother to play through the entire game.

ale_gamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 ale_gamr
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

[QUOTE="ale_gamr"]

[QUOTE="darksongbird"]

Pixel-Perfect

"Again"?

Everything's still great about the NGP.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="ale_gamr"]

ale_gamr

"Again"?

Everything's still great about the NGP.

NGP will more likely be competing with ipad2, from a price standpoint. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if those two platforms share a lot of the same games.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#22 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="darksongbird"]

ale_gamr

I have quite little interest in a Playstation portable overall. Hardly ever played a PSP. (Nothing against Sony, I actually owned a PS1 and PS2 but anyway). I say end of the year because right now I don't have a job and don't just have 250 bucks laying around to buy one of these. I'm actually gonna try to win one on this legit site. I do want one, but right now, money is super tight. Plus, none of the games really pique my interest yet. All the games I desire (Mario 3DS, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus and Resident Evil: Mercenaries) are all yet to have release dates so I'm sure they will be late in the year as well. I can wait. Plus I don't wanna be one of those that get a system and just have the mini games on it to play. There. That's my side. ;)

JamTKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 JamTKD
Member since 2011 • 156 Posts
I love mine. The most epic moment in video game history is when you start it and it goes "3...2...1..."" then goes 3D. So epic. I just wish they didn't release like every good game every in august. I want like 5 games that come out in august. Ugh.
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I agree, the game is much better than the 6's it got in most of its reviews. Sure you could in theory beat it in 2 hours, but I am willing to bet nobody does. i would give it an 8 or so myself and if the free flight was longer it would probably be a 8.5 or 9. And to the TC, glad you like it, I do too.
Brittany5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Brittany5
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

I got mine on launch day and I'm still wondering if all those people saying the 3DS isn't good actually have a 3DS.... the technology is great, we just need a AAA title or two.

TheBlackKnight3

So many wait Zelda,,,just can't wait....8)

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

My 3ds is catching dust as well. It really sucks there are no good games (to my opinion), but tomorrow lego pirates will come out here (netherlands). So then can finally use the device.

I'm just really dissaponted the e-shop has been delayed. But hey, if that means we'll have some games up on the release, it's fine by me.