Just got Hotel Dusk:Room 215.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
For me it's still very early on,but I like it so far.Very unique.I know it has been out for a while now,but what do you guys think about this game?
GS16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 GS16
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
I recently barrowed this game from my friend. It's fun, but it definitely isn't action-packed. It's a lot like an interactive mystery novel. I am personally playing through the game just to see how the story plays out. Great game.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
How is it compared to Phoenix Wright ? I think I might get it...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
How is it compared to Phoenix Wright ? I think I might get it...NWA_31
I still can't find the first PW.I won't get the second one 'till I get the first.
kornholio360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kornholio360
Member since 2006 • 6973 Posts
Hotel Dusk is an awesome game. It has a decent story and I love the art style. You made a good purchase. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Hotel Dusk is an awesome game. It has a decent story and I love the art style. You made a good purchase. :)kornholio360
Thanks.I read somewhere that this game is becoming rare and that Nintendo will soon stop printing copies of the game.Does anyone know anything about this?
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i have the chance to get either phoenix wright or hotel dusk, i can't decide, but i know for sure im getting hotel dusk eventually, maybe phoenix wright.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts
I like it. Love the design.
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

Speaking of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney, my local EB games has a bunch of new copies for only 20 dollars(canadian) for the month of may!  I snagged the last copy that those bastards hadn't opened though.

Hotel Dusk is absolutly amazing.  The kind of game that helps define why the DS is so damn amazing.  It's an point and click adventure style game with a noir setting and it's not got much for action.  But the art style of the characters is amazing, not to mention everyone has a great personality.  Everyones story is facinating, and it's definitly a great read.  As has been said, its more of an interactive novel then anything.. but is it ever worth playting through.  Enjoy!

Avatar image for someoneawesome1
someoneawesome1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 someoneawesome1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I love it too! It is the most awesome game I ever played.
Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

I read somewhere that this game is becoming rare and that Nintendo will soon stop printing copies of the game.Does anyone know anything about this?briguyb13

Not really. Nintendo just recently rereleased it (along with Clubhouse Games), so you'll definitely see it a lot more now. I'm sure the original version is somewhat rare, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Great game. Loved it, but very long and a bit boring.
hipgangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#13 hipgangsta
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts
Great storyline and great voice acting are really my favorite interactive mysteries...
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Glad you like it. I can't really get into it, since the interaction and position of the system is really uncomfortable to me. Piece by piece I'm getting across the mysterious storyline, though.

Trial and error, at it's finest.

i have the chance to get either phoenix wright or hotel dusk, i can't decide, but i know for sure im getting hotel dusk eventually, maybe phoenix wright.paullywog

In my opinion Phoenix Wright is superior. They both have amazing stories, but in Hotel Dusk you're going to be searching every single nook and cranny in the hotel until something turns up. You sure need to have patience in both these games, especially if you're not very observant. I was hooked on Phoenix Wright, since the story was so gripping. I have to say that the Phoenix Wright series is one of my favorite franchises of all time. The thing is in Phoenix Wright a simple murder case gets so complex that your jaw will drop even when you thought you had everything figured out.

I'm taking a short hiatus from the Ace Attorney games for now, since after playing 2 and a half games in a row, it grows slightly tiresome lol.

Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

[QUOTE="kornholio360"]Hotel Dusk is an awesome game. It has a decent story and I love the art style. You made a good purchase. :)briguyb13
Thanks.I read somewhere that this game is becoming rare and that Nintendo will soon stop printing copies of the game.Does anyone know anything about this?

I said that several months ago (I think around last year September) because that's what a wal-mart employee told me, but like someone else said they re-released it, which is the version I got, and I love it. On the most recent hot spot (the one that came out today) and they were talking about a game not nescesarrily having to be "fun." I loved hotel dusk just because it wasn't supposed to necessarily be fun but something you will want to see to the end just too see how the mystery ends. I'm actually stuck at a part I can't get past right now but I'm still having fun with it (I know what I just said, but the story is great which is what makes it fun, not the game play) but it's still a great game.

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

hotel dusk is a graphic novel disguised as a game. it's incredibly boring, because the story isn't any good.

it's somewhat innovative, i guess.. i still find it boring.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

hotel dusk is a graphic novel disguised as a game. it's incredibly boring, because the story isn't any good.

it's somewhat innovative, i guess.. i still find it boring.

dr_doongy

I agree to an extent, though I liked the game, it did get rather tedious at some points, especially when you have no clue what to do next. Also the recaps at the end of each chapter were rather annoying for me. I found Ace Attorney to be better, but this game is worth the money too, mainly if you like mystery novels or just reading in general.