JUST got DQM: Joker!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts

hey i just got the game, i'm new to the dragon quest series tho... anyone who played the game has any tips?

Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts

Take your time....that is key to ANY dragon quest game and also with the monster series make sure to breed the monsters like crazy! There are always better monsters to breed and play with.

On a side not check out the other Dragon Quest games as they are just simply fantastic!

Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ignite2k3
dont worry cloud, that didnt sound rude.. lol.. breed monsters like crazy as in, keep synthesizing them? i saw some gameplay videos in youtube, the monsters are so big.. haha.. i think big monsters would be fun.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

dont worry cloud, that didnt sound rude.. lol.. breed monsters like crazy as in, keep synthesizing them? i saw some gameplay videos in youtube, the monsters are so big.. haha.. i think big monsters would be fun.Ignite2k3

actually DWM got me into dragon warrior/quest.

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

[QUOTE="Ignite2k3"]dont worry cloud, that didnt sound rude.. lol.. breed monsters like crazy as in, keep synthesizing them? i saw some gameplay videos in youtube, the monsters are so big.. haha.. i think big monsters would be fun.Minishdriveby

actually DWM got me into dragon warrior/quest.

I did not even like the other Dragon quest games, i only like DQM games. I will try to play DQ9 when it comes out and see if it will change my mind.

-Prime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 -Prime-
Member since 2006 • 964 Posts
Dragon Warrior/Quest is my favorite RPG series. Although, I have never played any of the DQM games. Should I give them a try? I have Pokemon Pearl on DS, but I cannot bring myself to play it. It just seems like the same old stuff, but since I have never played a DQM (and I like DQ) I am wondering if I would like it? Is it different enough from Pokemon?
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

Dragon Warrior/Quest is my favorite RPG series. Although, I have never played any of the DQM games. Should I give them a try? I have Pokemon Pearl on DS, but I cannot bring myself to play it. It just seems like the same old stuff, but since I have never played a DQM (and I like DQ) I am wondering if I would like it? Is it different enough from Pokemon?-Prime-

Breeding in DQM is much serious than pokemon. The game is in full 3D too and has some awesome looking monsters.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

i enjoyed the first DQM game but it got kinda boring after a while. probably due to the fact that there's no real story...you just go into various worlds. it's pretty much a dungeon crawler. still fun though. i had to use a guide to breed the really rare monsters...and in the first one, you could pretty much keep breeding weaker monsters and they'd eventually get stronger and stronger so you could have a superpowered slime. that was fun.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Minishdriveby

i enjoyed the first DQM game but it got kinda boring after a while. probably due to the fact that there's no real story...you just go into various worlds. it's pretty much a dungeon crawler. still fun though. i had to use a guide to breed the really rare monsters...and in the first one, you could pretty much keep breeding weaker monsters and they'd eventually get stronger and stronger so you could have a superpowered slime. that was fun.

japanesegoth

When i had DWM2 i started to draw maps on grid paper lmao, and play like board game sorta. LMAO it was like in 4th game, I was obsessed with the game and the monsters.

Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ignite2k3

its better compared to pokemon i feel. its full 3d, so u can see your monsters move.. and it can breed! as in, mixing 2 monsters together, to create a new one.. whihch will have traits from its parents.. which means, you get unique monsters everytime!

btw, whats Dragon warrior/Quest liike?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Minishdriveby

its better compared to pokemon i feel. its full 3d, so u can see your monsters move.. and it can breed! as in, mixing 2 monsters together, to create a new one.. whihch will have traits from its parents.. which means, you get unique monsters everytime!

btw, whats Dragon warrior/Quest liike?

Ignite2k3

warrior and quest are somewhat like final fantasy, theres no monster collecting but the monsters in DQM are from the Regular Dragon quest/warrior games.

NightGrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NightGrave
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Breed some healing slimes and transfer there skill onto the next generation trust me it will save your life :)

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
I may get it for Christmas. It looks like its pretty fun.
hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts
Yeah i think I might get it as well, soon at least.
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
Yeah i think I might get it as well, soon at least.hack-shinobi
Ditto
hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts

Yeah I'm looking forward to this game.

Nice avatar!

Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts
and after you spend some time building a monster team make sure to go to the World cup via WiFi to battle other teams from all over the globe. It actually is quite a bit of fun. I cannot put this game down!
agumondude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 agumondude
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
it looks so freakin wack like hellz
Kurisuchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kurisuchu
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I just got it. My boyfriend convinced me to get it instead of Demetrium: The Ward by saying "Do you like colorful monster adventures or bloody, gory, scariness?" I hope it's good~
Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ignite2k3
haha.. dementium looks fun too.;. but i think DQM has longer game play lol.. i think i just love breeding monsters.. i just got to the island wit lvl B monsters... i dont know what to do with the island with zombie monsters... anyone can help me there?
NightGrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NightGrave
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

haha.. dementium looks fun too.;. but i think DQM has longer game play lol.. i think i just love breeding monsters.. i just got to the island wit lvl B monsters... i dont know what to do with the island with zombie monsters... anyone can help me there?Ignite2k3

this thread here is active like 24/7 with fast responses lol only during the day tho

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/dragonquestmonstersjoker/forum.html

dvinb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dvinb1234
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts
i personally hate the DQW games, i only like playing DQM-i think the warriors games arent as good, and theyre boring, i prefer FF over them but the monsters spinoffs are really good ive played them all and love them
dubser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dubser
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

I've never played DQM but I play pokemon alot.

I'm just wondering if it's like pokemon where at the start it's really fun and then it slowly starts to get boring?

michaeldog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 michaeldog12
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

In my opinion i say that pokemon and DQM are pretty much the same except that DQM goes more into breeding, weapons, etc. I say both are very good games. But you have to admit that DQM has a better storyline thanthe pokemon games.

dubser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dubser
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
thanks i might get the game soon
dvinb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dvinb1234
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts
pokemon is more along the lines of just catching them ... and now with WiFi people actually take care in setting up a good team and whatnot but DQM is wayyy more complex, you need to breed/learn abilities/equip/etcetc but all in all im not sure which game is better...i like the easiness of pokemon but i like the fun/hard parts of DQM like beating hard bosses ... id say get the game , its a little short but theres alot of breeding and leveling to do in the end whereas pokemon can take alot longer to "finish"
MrCHUP0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#29 MrCHUP0N
Member since 2004 • 2813 Posts

pokemon is more along the lines of just catching them ... and now with WiFi people actually take care in setting up a good team and whatnot but DQM is wayyy more complex, you need to breed/learn abilities/equip/etcetc but all in all im not sure which game is better...i like the easiness of pokemon but i like the fun/hard parts of DQM like beating hard bosses ... id say get the game , its a little short but theres alot of breeding and leveling to do in the end whereas pokemon can take alot longer to "finish"dvinb1234

I think this is spot on in terms of the leveling. When playing this for review, my biggest complaint was that the game was making me level grind to get my monsters to breeding status, but wasn't doing a very good job of masking it. In level-grindy games these days, usually the developer gives you side quests or large areas to explore so that at least you feel like you're seeing new stuff while you're sitting there leveling up, instead of running around in circles all the time. Dragon Quest games in general - not just the main franchises - also always like to make you level-grind when coming upon new areas out of sheer difficulty, and that's the case here. But the breeding is worth it if you take the time to carefully allot your monster's skills. In most cases I'd say, get it and enjoy - it's just not for those who can't stand blatant grinding.