Just a quick question...or two

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

Well I was interested in picking up the Wii since the new price drop and included Mario Kart Wii, but I mostly want it for some nostalgia gaming with Virtual console and Gamcube. But I had heard somewhere(keyword: "heard") that Nintendo was planning on removing the GC backwards-compatibility on its systems and lowering the price. Now I don't know how long ago this news was, and since the Wii is now 150 I was wondering if it had already happened. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, real quick. I plan to mostly use my Wii for single-player games I missed out on like SMG 2, Madworld, Okami, and Metroid Other M(trilogy as well), as well as old-school gaming. I mostly game online on my 360, PC or PS3, but just for S#%ts and giggles, are there any games that actually have a decent online community on the Wii? For example, do people still play Mario Kart, Goldeneye or the Conduit?

Just wondering, and thanks in advance :D

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Well I was interested in picking up the Wii since the new price drop and included Mario Kart Wii, but I mostly want it for some nostalgia gaming with Virtual console and Gamcube. But I had heard somewhere(keyword: "heard") that Nintendo was planning on removing the GC backwards-compatibility on its systems and lowering the price. Now I don't know how long ago this news was, and since the Wii is now 150 I was wondering if it had already happened. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, real quick. I plan to mostly use my Wii for single-player games I missed out on like SMG 2, Madworld, Okami, and Metroid Other M(trilogy as well), as well as old-school gaming. I mostly game online on my 360, PC or PS3, but just for S#%ts and giggles, are there any games that actually have a decent online community on the Wii? For example, do people still play Mario Kart, Goldeneye or the Conduit?

Just wondering, and thanks in advance :D

Steel_Rain777

As for your first question, the non-gamecube bc wii's aren't out yet, and supposedly they are a UK only model. The Wii's you see in stores now are perfectly backwards compatible :)

Second, Black Ops, Mario Kart Wii, Goldeneye, and Monster Hunter Tri still have very active online communities, and I'm sure there are other active communities, those are just the ones I know from experience :)