TomSharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TomSharp
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

So the Switch Lite has only been out a week or so and there are already reports of it having Joy-Con drifting. This is a bit disappointing really and I was hoping that they would have fixed this issue before releasing the console, especially as the Joy-Cons can't be removed on the Lite to be repaired. Has anyone had any issues with this personally yet?

For those not in the know, Joy-Con drift is where the control stick slowly starts moving by itself, causing your characters etc to move by themselves.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2051 Posts

I've had it happen to me a few times while playing Fortnite on my regular Switch. (Don't own a Switch Lite.)

I think it's to do with me pressing down on the joystick to run while playing in portable mode. Which, in my opinion, you do have to press quite hard because I find that it isn't very responsive otherwise. I've found that my Joy-Cons at least aren't...clicky enough I guess.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 231 Posts

I haven't noticed any on mine yet... hopefully it isn't as bad as people think but it's the main thing I worry about as a switch lite owner.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5120 Posts

I hope they fix it soon. I was close to buying one until I heard about the problem. Now I'm just going to wait and see how Nintendo fixes the problem.

TomSharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TomSharp

@DEVILinIRON: They have got to fix it now surely, they can't keep producing a product that is defective.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3407 Posts

I'm surprised they used the same parts in the lite. I thought they would avoid the same problem.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 21958 Posts

i had it happen on my launch joycons after almost a year of use.

however since i bought the pro controller i havnt touched my joy cons in a year.

TomSharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TomSharp

@robert_sparkes: Same here, supposedly there is a rumour that they have begun manufacturing a new model with a fix but I'm not sure how true that is.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3407 Posts

I've held off for the time being but that would be interesting if there is a new model.