Iwata Keynote: Wednesday 9am-10am

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Iwata will speaking on Wednesday. Last time he spoke at GDC Nintendo fans were treated. So this may be something to keep an eye on.

"Discovering New Development Opportunities"
Wednesday, March 25th, 9-10am

Synopsis:
The development of both Nintendo DS and Wii was based on the idea that the video game consumer base could be broadened if the definition of a video game...and ways to access games...were viewed differently. The fact that these platforms have been accepted so enthusiastically around the world shows that there is opportunity for developers to stretch the boundaries of what was previously viewed as possible in terms of realizing a creative vision.

In his keynote address, Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata will talk about Nintendo's role in creating better tools and bringing opportunities for developers to introduce their innovative ideas to a marketplace that is increasingly willing and eager to embrace new game design possibilities.

Biography:
In 2002, Satoru Iwata was named president of Nintendo Co., Ltd. He joined Nintendo in 2000, when was responsible for Nintendo's global corporate planning as the head of the Corporate Planning Division.

Iwata was born in 1959 in the Hokkaido Prefecture of Japan. He studied at and graduated from the Tokyo Institute of Technology University, where he majored in computer science. Shortly after graduating, Iwata joined HAL Laboratory, Inc. and in 1983 began coordinating the software production and development of Nintendo titles, such as the Kirby series. By 1993, he had become president of that company.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Eastern or Pacific?

If it is Pacific I might miss it because I might be in class at the time.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

i hope they give us something good

but im not getting my hopes up...

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Link? Where'd you get that from?
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Link? Where'd you get that from?MAILER_DAEMON
here.

I think G4 TV is filming it too.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Gamespot's GDC coverage

Keynote: Discovering New Development Opportunities
Coverage: Live Blog
Speaker: Satoru Iwata (President, Nintendo Co., Ltd.)
Session Description: Satoru Iwata will talk about Nintendo's role in creating better tools and bringing opportunities for developers to introduce their innovative ideas to a marketplace that is increasingly willing and eager to embrace new game design possibilities.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonic_spark

http://www.gdconf.com/conference/keynotes.html

Off of the official site.

And it's Pacific Time because it is being hosted in San Francisco.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

Just so people know, that means 4pm in Britain....

which sucks 'cos I don't get home from college 'til 4:30 :cry:

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
If this is about the patent for teaching five year olds with the Wii... Let's just say you don't want to be anywhere near Iwata unless you are resistant to nuclear bombs.
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Come on lets hope for a Zelda game!!!

I say Zel you DA!!!

ZEL...!!!

SuperDuperHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuperDuperHero
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'll bet you anything it's just going to be about the Wii/Ds success and how they're going to continue to cater to mainstream, recreational gamers and more than less slight the rest of us.

BUT on the off chance that he'll talk about something we'd like to hear, we need a new Zelda. And please: no feature to skip levels or whatever they patented.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sonic_spark

I'll bet you anything it's just going to be about the Wii/Ds success and how they're going to continue to cater to mainstream, recreational gamers and more than less slight the rest of us.

BUT on the off chance that he'll talk about something we'd like to hear, we need a new Zelda. And please: no feature to skip levels or whatever they patented.

SuperDuperHero

It's not a feature to skip levels. It's more or less a video walkthrough to explain how to get through certain sections. It should be in there, that way hardcore's can still have their game but Zelda fans who are casuals can play the game and not get stuck. It's not like they're forcing that feature on us.

BUt yes, please God. Zelda!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

Come on lets hope for a Zelda game!!!

I say Zel you DA!!!

ZEL...!!!

darkmark91

DA!!!

I'm hoping, but not confident.

MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
It's just a keynote for developers, there's no reason to expect a game announcement.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

It's just a keynote for developers, there's no reason to expect a game announcement.MagnuzGuerra
Yeah, it sounds like if he's going to announce anything new, it'll be new hardware. No, not Wii 2. He'll probably emphasize Wii Motion Plus and the DSi's unique features and possibly announce another new tool for developers to use to introduce their creative concepts to the receptive videogame market. ;)

SuperDuperHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperDuperHero
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperDuperHero"]

sonic_spark

It's not a feature to skip levels. It's more or less a video walkthrough to explain how to get through certain sections. It should be in there, that way hardcore's can still have their game but Zelda fans who are casuals can play the game and not get stuck. It's not like they're forcing that feature on us.

Ah so that's what it is. Hmm, I just don't like the idea of there even being such an option. But that's more of my preference than anything XD

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#17 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

I won't get my hopes up. I remember e3 all to well...

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

[QUOTE="SuperDuperHero"]

SuperDuperHero

Ah so that's what it is. Hmm, I just don't like the idea of there even being such an option. But that's more of my preference than anything XD

Why not? It's not going the make the game any worse, is it? With such a feature Miyamoto is free to make the game as hard as heck and the "casuals" could still play it! I think it's genius to allow us to skip particularly frustrating parts of the game. You shouldn't pay $50 dollars for a game and then not be able to finish it because you can't get past a really tough part.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
You guys understand that this isn't E3, hell E3 isn't E3 anymore, but thats a topic for another day. I wouldn't go in expecting any news about games that aren't already announced.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's games that play themselves so users don't have to figure anything out

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points