Is there a way to transfer save files from one Wii into another???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

avidfilipino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 avidfilipino
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I want the data for SSBB in my uncle's Wii (I'm too lazy to complete all the challenges over again), but how do I go about doing that??
Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts

You can't, not with Brawl, anyway. Nintendo has SaveData copy-blocks on a lot of games, Brawl being one of them. The Wii would just tell you that the data could not be copied.

Normally, one would use an SD Card. Copy Original Data from Wii to SD Card and then put that SD Card in another Wii and copy from SD Card to Wii.

Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 18

#3 Butchcassidy79
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
if you have an SD card, just take it to your uncle's system, plug it it, and just copy the save file :) .And then just take it back to your system and copy/overwrite your existing save file.
Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 18

#4 Butchcassidy79
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
REALLY??? I didn't know it had that feature on SSBB ;p
EnozmeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 EnozmeH
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts
What that guy said /\... plus don't worry or argue that it's bad that you have to erase or overwrite your file when you will infact improve the gameplay options and records evrytime you update your file :)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's not a copy block it's just that the game doesn't support saving to external storage.

Since internal storage starting being standard in consoles last gen some games just don't have the option to save externally.

Games like SMash Bros, MLB Power Pros, and Guitar Hero are a few for the Wii that can't can to an SD card.

Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts

It's not a copy block it's just that the game doesn't support saving to external storage.

Since internal storage starting being standard in consoles last gen some games just don't have the option to save externally.

Games like SMash Bros, MLB Power Pros, and Guitar Hero are a few for the Wii that can't can to an SD card.

Jaysonguy

In the Wii's case it IS a block. Nintendo/Whatever Devs purposely prevented people from copying their saves to SD Cards. It's the equivalent to the GC where some games wouldn't allow you to copy the data to another Memory Card.

izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts
I couldn't move my F-Zero GX copy to my other memory card. F-Zero GX was one of them.