is the wii worth it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

percycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 percycat
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

help me is the wii worth having???

thinking of getting one for xmas

some of the games looks abit dull am i right?

Avatar image for matisyahu_queen
matisyahu_queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 matisyahu_queen
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
well it all depends on what your preference for games are. there are plenty of good games out, but most of the best c=games are coming out later this year. but again, it's about personal preference. i love the wii, but that's just because i love the kind of games that are on the wii. i will tell you that the wii controls and motion sensitivety is quite amasing. 
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

percycat

No your not right. Well actually define "Some" and give examples.

Avatar image for matisyahu_queen
matisyahu_queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 matisyahu_queen
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
[QUOTE="percycat"]

Duckman5

No your not right. Well actually define "Some" and give examples.

i totally agree with you that the games on the wii aren't dull at all. i mean they're lots of dull games on every system. just avoid those games and buy the good games. if a game looks dull just don't buy it. buy games that don't look dull.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
From this time until christmas, many games are going to come out. Some will be good, others will be bad. Some may be superb (like Super Mario Galaxy, hopefully). All in all, from experience it seems as though the casual gamers enjoy the Wii while others play the 360 (or on occasion, the PS3). It depends on your preferences. But there are some great games out for it.
saperlipopet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 saperlipopet
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts

wii totaly worth buying

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 dull? NEVER!
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#8 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
definitely
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
Some good games on the system: Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda. Future titles that are going to be great: Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl (no matter what Gamespot rates them they are totally worth it). I do feel a bit disappointed that Nintendo isn't pushing the envelope as much as I was wanting (no online play for Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda was too easy, Resident Evil was originally on the gamecube). They are the same company that they were 11 years ago. In many ways they are worse. The last starfox game (GCN) was lackluster and now that Rare has left Nintendo I am wishing they didn't. The Wiimote is the closest thing you're going to get to mouse and keyboard controls on a console which is good. But good games come out less frequently for the Wii than they do for the Xbox 360. This is a weird trend since it costs much less (time and money) to make games for the Wii. And games for the Wii cost $50 versus $60. I guess because of that people who don't know anything about gaming Buy a Wii over a 360 just based on price of the game. Random non-gamer: "Well if they're both next gen game systems why not get the cheaper one"... I'm not saying the Wii is bad (its a great system) its just starting slowly (I've owned the Wii since opening week).

The Xbox 360 is also a good console to get thou its much less reliable than the Wii and it costs more. I don't own an Xbox 360.

NK_Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NK_Nighthawk
Member since 2007 • 3369 Posts

*rant voice*

I agree with gam3r3000 and all the other guys, the wii is just off to a slow start, but by the end of this year i think they are going to have out their big guns like SSBB. Im pretty sure that melee was still in the top ten some best selling games on the GC and that pretty much came out near the launch, and in online and you have the amazing onlinemultiplayerreplayability like halo 2 did. I can already think of about 5 or6 games that will be out by christmas that i will have (contrary to what my parents believe). The game developers are just starting to get used to the Wii, but once more games get out there there will be no stopping the wii.

*end of rant*

Avatar image for 195376358372165102514183220412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 195376358372165102514183220412
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts

Friendly warning: there are similar topics on this board which ask the same thing, so don't be surprised if a moderator locks this thread. GS members have no right to influence your buying decisions, and this type of thread is one that many mods hunt for.

To answer your question: it depends on the games that you like. If you prefer a console which has a streamlined online network with titles that perform their best when played online, then the Xbox 360 is for you. If you're a technophile who insists on having the biggest, best gaming experience available, then the Playstation 3 is the way to go. If you simply wish to own a console that will entertain you after a hard day of work or school in several different ways, then the Wii is made for you.

That being said, I'm speaking in general terms because once again GS members should never influence your buying decisions. You must perform your own research and know what your expectations are before you spend the money. Check out Wii-specific unions or search through Gamespot's Wii database. If you have to, look at other websites such as 1Up or IGN to supplement Gamespot's content. Look through Wii fan sites andblogs and listen to podcasts such as the Wiire or WiiSpot (available on iTunes). That should help.

iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
wii is a good system its a good buy is also the cheapest
iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
you should really look into it ur self. theres 2 many fan boys out there
percycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 percycat

thanks for all the help i am after a fun game you can just switch on i have a ds and love it i also like the zelda type of game, have played res evil on the ps2 so it sounds like a wii is just up my street thanks all:D

wiifighter217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wiifighter217
mostdefinetly yes
wiifighter217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiifighter217
dont forget disaster day of crises
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Not inless you look at alot of hentai... That's basically all I've been useing my Wii for, comparied to the time I play the few good games. :(
JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JOHN117_basic
Member since 2002 • 3418 Posts
I got a wii shortly after it launched and once you wear out the magic of wii sports and play through twilight princess its a dust collector. I regret even buying mine tbh. If i were you I would look at the games it has or coming out and weigh that with the other systems line ups.
percycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 percycat
cool thanks for the honest advice
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I got a wii shortly after it launched and once you wear out the magic of wii sports and play through twilight princess its a dust collector. I regret even buying mine tbh. If i were you I would look at the games it has or coming out and weigh that with the other systems line ups.JOHN117_basic

yeah, it depends on your gaming tastes. some people love it, while others got bored of it quickly.
percycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 percycat
its a difficult choice because its still a few hard earned quid
JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JOHN117_basic
Member since 2002 • 3418 Posts
If you liked the gamecube and its library of games you will love the wii I on the other hand thought the wii was gonna have different games be a whole different style of games. The best thing you can do is look up reviews of the current games and see whats coming out then make a decision. The most I use mine for is internet browsing once in a while.
drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#23 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

If you do not have any other current generation game consoles, I would recommend the Xbox 360 for its enormous game library, XBLA, and Live.

That said, the Wii has really come through for me recently. You have Zelda, Paper Mario, MP3, and RE4 at the very least, as those are clear AAA titles. That's about 120 hours of gameplay. Depending on how much you play games, that should be sufficient to carry you into Q4 when Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl are out.

Again, If you really play a lot of games and don't have another console to call your own, there really is not a whole lot of meat to the Wii library and you can make it through the big guns in a few weeks. If that is the case for you, you may wish to hold off on a Wii for the time being and possibly look at some of the other consoles.

Long live Wii!

DiscoBurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DiscoBurn
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts

A few more great games wouldn't hurt, but there is pleanty to go around already, and like everyone is saying, the we've just got started with the big 3 before the end of the year.

I've got Zelda, The Godfather, Super Paper Mario, RE4, Metroid Prime 3, and a buttload of virtual console games. Totally worth it.

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
no the wii is so not worth it even though its the most original and cheapest out of this gens consoles (sarcasm :P)