Is the 3DS capable of patching games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

Just curious to know if game patches would be available for the 3DS for whatever reason?

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet as no games have been patched. The system seems to do a lot with the SD card like background caching and some minor DLC so it may do patching. I would guess it's at least possible to do minor patching (some Wii games do it) but I don't know if it will become a major part of the system.

JOrdanFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 JOrdanFX
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

I just wish they'd patch Ghost Recon so it'd quit crashing on me. That game is so much fun but I don't ever play it because of the crashing.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I don't think theres any official confirmation, but I definitely think that its a strong possibility.
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I just wish they'd patch Ghost Recon so it'd quit crashing on me. That game is so much fun but I don't ever play it because of the crashing.

JOrdanFX
I hear that affects a lot of people but honestly i have never come across this problem and i have played about 10 hours of it.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Theres nothing stopping devs for setting up their game for updates but i doubt youll find many taking advantage. They can easily have you save updates to an SD card or on the game cart itself.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
[QUOTE="JOrdanFX"]

buft
I hear that affects a lot of people but honestly i have never come across this problem and i have played about 10 hours of it.

I've had this problem also. It's very annoying to be pretty deep in a level and have it crash on you losing everything you've just done. Especially since some of the levels are fairly long. I've had it crash on me a couple of times right at the end of a battle. This was my favorite game from launch and I've put quite a few hours into it already but I do always have that fear that its going to crash on me.
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts

I don't see that happening. Wii games, like XBox and Playstation games are disc based so all the game & save data is stored on the hard drive. The 3DS games are still cartridge based so all the data is saved on those carts as I believe the only rewritable data that can be altered is the game saves.