Is Super Street Fighter IV 3D...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

Is Super Street Fighter IV 3D as hard, and as cheap as the console game? I bought the console version the day it came out and traded it in the next day because the friggin computer would spam the same super damaging moves throughout the entire fight. Trust me that's no fun. Any input would be appreciated :)

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I have never played the console version (well hardly played anyway..), but I did play the older games, and I found that the 3DS version of SSF4 was incredibly easy.. I play on the hardest difficulty, and it feels like a nice difficulty there.. But that's the thing, I'm not a fighting game expert, nor have I owned the game for very long.

My theory to why it's easy:

Back in the day, with games such as SSF2, it got hard because you couldn't pull off the moves in time when you wanted to do your move. While the computer pulls off his or her moves any time he wants, and can spam moves too.

In the 3DS version, you can now do what the computer does with the touch screen controls, and pull off moves when you actually want to. No more stuff ups with your down-right-punches and back-two-seconds-forward-punch.

Thus, single player is pretty easy. But online is really interesting though.. Since everyone has that ability, you gotta really know when to use your moves and learn the proper combos in training mode.

Although you can turn this touch screen mode off, and the game becomes like the cla-ssic games if you're into your button precision.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

I only notice the AI being really cheap when it's on Very Hard. Players on the other hand... a lot of them are cheap if you use the touch button controls (turn them off and it gets better but harder).

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trugs26

I only notice the AI being really cheap when it's on Very Hard. Players on the other hand... a lot of them are cheap if you use the touch button controls (turn them off and it gets better but harder).

DustinTheWind

I see your point here. It's quite frustrating when people get cheap with Guile or . They sonic-boom over and over and when you jump in to get close enough they just flash kick. At the same time though, it's kinda fun figuring out how to beat someone spamming a particular move (such as Adon's flying kick thing.)

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FendersONLY

I have never played the console version (well hardly played anyway..), but I did play the older games, and I found that the 3DS version of SSF4 was incredibly easy.. I play on the hardest difficulty, and it feels like a nice difficulty there.. But that's the thing, I'm not a fighting game expert, nor have I owned the game for very long.

My theory to why it's easy:

Back in the day, with games such as SSF2, it got hard because you couldn't pull off the moves in time when you wanted to do your move. While the computer pulls off his or her moves any time he wants, and can spam moves too.

In the 3DS version, you can now do what the computer does with the touch screen controls, and pull off moves when you actually want to. No more stuff ups with your down-right-punches and back-two-seconds-forward-punch.

Thus, single player is pretty easy. But online is really interesting though.. Since everyone has that ability, you gotta really know when to use your moves and learn the proper combos in training mode.

Although you can turn this touch screen mode off, and the game becomes like the cla-ssic games if you're into your button precision.

trugs26

I don't currently have a friend code to give you as I don't have internet (I tether from my iPhone lol). As soon as I get internet though I will be sure to hit you up :D

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

trugs26

I see your point here. It's quite frustrating when people get cheap with Guile or . They sonic-boom over and over and when you jump in to get close enough they just flash kick. At the same time though, it's kinda fun figuring out how to beat someone spamming a particular move (such as Adon's flying kick thing.)

Ughhhhhhhhh I hate people that spam any move. I think it's really fun trying to figure out what an opponent's weaknesses are, how best to go about fighting them, but when they start spamming something, I usually just set my 3DS down and wait for the match to end. Who wants to sit there and die without being able to get close enough to their opponent to land a blow because they're spamming ranged attacks? That one dude... Abel? The one with the double fireballs, people love to use him and just spam the double missles, that's the most annoying opponent in the game I think, because people always exploit him.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trugs26

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

DustinTheWind

Ughhhhhhhhh I hate people that spam any move. I think it's really fun trying to figure out what an opponent's weaknesses are, how best to go about fighting them, but when they start spamming something, I usually just set my 3DS down and wait for the match to end. Who wants to sit there and die without being able to get close enough to their opponent to land a blow because they're spamming ranged attacks? That one dude... Abel? The one with the double fireballs, people love to use him and just spam the double missles, that's the most annoying opponent in the game I think, because people always exploit him.

Yeah, and they have like 4000+ points, and it's like "congrats, you can spam a button?"

iceyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 iceyyyy
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts

I like the lite control on the 3DS, just touch it and you do the moves, Ultras and Supers :D . Yes its more expensive than the console version, but it still fun and its on the go, and theres not much to play the 3DS. I havent play much of the arcade mode, I mainly only do online matches which was alot of fun, minus the spamfest characters out there.

Stang_Chick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stang_Chick
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

When people spam the moves, it makes it VERY difficult for me.

I am not a pro at fighting games, and I am trying to learn the moves for SSIV

When I do an online fight, I do not spam moves in the hopes that they will see that

and not do it.

Oh well, I try to have fun with it even though I probably lose 18 out of 20 matches LOL

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FendersONLY
Well I picked it up guys and I'm really happy with it. Very accessible, fun, and way more balanced than the console versions. I'll hit you guys up when I get some access to some internet lol
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Well I picked it up guys and I'm really happy with it. Very accessible, fun, and way more balanced than the console versions. I'll hit you guys up when I get some access to some internet lolFendersONLY

Well its same exact game that was on consoles lol. You guys have to learn the game though as spamming has always happened in fighting games since the dawn of time. Most characters have tools to get around them like Abel's roll some are not so obvious like Rufus and his galactic tornado that can absorb one projectile making it great for closing the distance. Ryu's hurricane kick can actually carry him throw a fireball if timed correctly and most characters have stuff like this.

At the very least all characters can jump and if you find someone is trying to spam/chip you out you can always jump over of course though you make sure your not jumping into a trap first. Remember you can also jump straight up and down which many people seem to not know. So you can avoid projectiles without losing ground and without jumping into a trap.

JamTKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 JamTKD
Member since 2011 • 156 Posts
If you go to the street fighter 3D forums on this site, somebody made "the league of lite ladies and gentleman" that has a huge number of members, so you can play on lite mode without worrying about loser spammers.
andrewjuly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andrewjuly
Member since 2011 • 199 Posts

DustinTheWind

U said right" really cheap when it's on Very Hard."

rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

honestly i find the AI cheaper when it's on medium-hard mode(i die more than on hard or very hard)... very hard is kinda predictable cuz they atttack and attack(albeit relentlessly so but still predictable) ... medium-hard ai translates to camper AI that will release supers when you get too eager mode ...

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

It is easier than the console versions if you use Lite mode, it is harder if you use Pro thanks to the small pad and L button.