Is Red Steel worth getting just for having fun with the wiimote?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jason_A
Member since 2006 • 2121 Posts

I'm just about to buy a Wii and despite the bad reviews I am thinking of getting Red Steel because it doesn't cost much now and I think it will provide some good use of the wii motion controls.

Any advice on this?

One thing in some of the reviews is this idea of that you have to move your aiming thing to the side of the screen to turn which is annoying. Is this a big deal? Does it break the game?

Keep in mind in commenting on the game that its a cheap purchase now so its not like I'm going to be spending $50 on it.

Thanks.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
If you can get it for 15-20 dollars, I'd say it's worth it. Broken game, but fun.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Honestly, I'd have to say no... there are much better options for you if you just fancy a good waggle...
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I would say yes.

The game isn't as bad as many people say it is. It does indeed have it's problems, but if you can get it cheap, and look past it being a rushed/launch game...it's not that bad. It also lacks blood, so if that's an issue you might want to pass. I know that was a big issue for people

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
The game is great but i would say buy a new game and get full use out of it. Dont just buy a game u wont like (even though its cheap) and get tired of the wii, get a new great game
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
Its a 1st Person shooter there arent many ways you can mess that up completely i got the game for 7 dollars and change at Gamespot and since its the only game with 4 player split screen it was a great buy for me.....cept that i lost it. Its much better than paying 10 dollars for pOp
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
If you want good ways of using the wiimote buy warioware and zack and wiki, both should be cheap now.
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I think it is the only fps with multiplayer in it, so if you can get it cheap go for it.

It is a fun game if you can look through all of its problems (which are a lot.)

DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
I'd get it. It must be dirt cheap by now.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="Jason_A"]

I'm just about to buy a Wii and despite the bad reviews I am thinking of getting Red Steel because it doesn't cost much now and I think it will provide some good use of the wii motion controls.

Any advice on this?

One thing in some of the reviews is this idea of that you have to move your aiming thing to the side of the screen to turn which is annoying. Is this a big deal? Does it break the game?

Keep in mind in commenting on the game that its a cheap purchase now so its not like I'm going to be spending $50 on it.

Thanks.

I wouldn't get it if I was you it is a terrible game and it is not fun.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

But theres sooooooo many better games you can get. If you want a cheap, shooter try Call of Duty or Medal of Honor: Heroes (not Vangaurd). Otherwise Resident Evil 4 is another budget title and its one of the best games of all time imo.

EDIT: I have a friend who bought it at launch and he ended up selling it.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
Is Red Steel worth getting just for having fun with the wiimote?Jason_A
Not unless your idea of having fun with the wiimote is trying to gouge out your eyes with it.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Well the turning doesn't exactly "break" the game. It might make it a lot more frustrating, but if you can maneuver cleverly you can still have some fun with the game. But like other people said, Wii has plenty of good $20 game options. So maybe before purchasing this, I'd go on ebay or Gamestop to check out their other cheap Wii games. You might (and probably will) find something for nearly the same price, but much more fun.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
I enjoyed Red Steel. It's cheesy and corny but not as broken as people claim.
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
I thought it wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't that good either. Not much replay value. I'd go for Call of Duty. Way better.
Timnin19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Timnin19
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i thought this game was amazing, despite its reviews,its not actaully good, but its fun, i cant wait for the secind one that they are making
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
i got it for 25 euros and im a lil bit disappointed, but i still like the setting and its kinda fun. if u can get it for under 20$ i'd get it
bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
People these days are just so damn picky. This is a fun game. I had it (bought used from a friend) and I JUST started playing it recently (had it for about a year without touching it - I thought it sucked) but I popped it in and I'm hooked on it right now. The disc was so scratched that I had to get another disc so I bought another copy from a friend for $5 haha. Anyways, it's not as bad as people say, the multiplayer isn't that bad either, it's fun. The game is among the cheapest you can get, so youll probably end up paying less than $20 for it. Resident Evil 4 is about this price too though, and it really is a great game (no multiplayer but there's a lot more replay value) there are also guts and blood and brains so. It's up to you. You came in here asking if Red Steel is worth getting and for a $15 - $20 price tag, I'd say yes, but it's not your only choice.