Is Rayman 3D that bad??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

I know that some have said that there are some glitches or problems with the game but is it still fun? I saw some screens before (and possibly a video) and it looks like it's fun. By the way, to paint an even better picture my favorite Sonic game ever is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle which had bad camera angles and a couple of glitches.I know they are two totally different series but I was just trying to say that some faults don't always ruin a good game. Also keep in mind I never got to play the original Rayman 2 or whatever game this is a port of. :)

With that information do you think I should give Rayman a try when I get the 3DS?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4220 Posts

Always look at what the reviews have to say. If need be, go to youtube and see what the gameplay is like. All in all, you can't judge a game unless it's in your system, but you can look at information to help you make a good judgment.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Yep, it IS that bad. Is yet another lazy move from Ubisoft. Go look for other 3DS games, like Dead or Alive or Nintendogs.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darksongbird
[QUOTE="Rod90"]Yep, it IS that bad. Is yet another lazy move from Ubisoft. Go look for other 3DS games, like Dead or Alive or Nintendogs.

Thanks for the information, Rod. Maybe I'll just skip it.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

yeah it's a pretty bad port, played the original and it played better than the port :S

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

dont listen to them...its a fun game and the 3d is super cool..

its a bad port because the music and game sound fxare mixed to loud and stuff but there is an option to adjust that..hit detection slightly soft..other than that i dont see whats so bad about it

rapidshot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 rapidshot20
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

its a bad port because the music and game sound fxare mixed to loud and stuff but there is an option to adjust that..hit detection slightly soft..other than that i dont see whats so bad about it

KBFloYd
That sounds like a lot to me.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

rapidshot20

To me as well xD camera is also horrible and they could have at least updated the graphics a bit, just look at that screen:

rapidshot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rapidshot20
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="rapidshot20"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

ArchoNils2

To me as well xD camera is also horrible and they could have at least updated the graphics a bit, just look at that screen:

XD wow video games have come a long way.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rod90

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="rapidshot20"] That sounds like a lot to me.rapidshot20

PIC

XD wow video games have come a long way.

Not when it comes to Ubisoft games...

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
If you've never played it on the million systems its on, then try it. Wait for a sale or price drop. $20 would be good IMO. It was $17 at target a few weeks ago. It has problems but is a fun platformer from a time when platformer's were more popular.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darksongbird
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]If you've never played it on the million systems its on, then try it. Wait for a sale or price drop. $20 would be good IMO. It was $17 at target a few weeks ago. It has problems but is a fun platformer from a time when platformer's were more popular.

Thanks for your opinion, darth-pyschosis. I appreciate it and will hav to keep my eyes open. Like I said, I highly enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and tons of people complained about the bad camera angles. I got used to them and adjusted when I could. The game doesn't look the greatest but it looks fun and honestly, that's the most important thing. I will definitely wait until I see it for around 20 bucks or so. Thanks again!
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
bad camera, bad framerate, problems with player feedback and terrible 3d make this one of the worst games if not the worst game on the 3ds
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Less time on Rayman 3D means more time on Lost Legacy. OOPS.

DARKNESSxEAGLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 DARKNESSxEAGLE
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts

The game itself is great, but the fact that there have been no changes other than the inclusion of 3d since the original DS version is fairly offputting. Especially with the higher price. I would suggest just getting the original DS or the PC version and just playing them, unless of course you see the 3ds version for $10-$20.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rod90
bad camera, bad framerate, problems with player feedback and terrible 3d make this one of the worst games if not the worst game on the 3dsbuft
Exactly.
Mareczek99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Mareczek99
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts

We'll the game is not a bad one, I think it's just outdated a bit.

All the features were mindblowing back on the ps1, but with today's standards the game feels unfinished.

I also miss full dubbing, instead of the "blablablabla YAY!" thing..