Is Pikachu mostly a character found in Nintendo games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Punchy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Punchy71
Member since 2015 • 66 Posts

Is Pikachu mostly a character that can be found in Nintendo games or can he be found on other platforms as well and if so which ones? If mostly a Nintendo character, which games and systems can he be found on? Thanks

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it's a nintendo IP. it is not on any other platform.

best you can do is buy the dvd cartoons and blu-ray movies and play them in your sony dvd player.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It's a bit complicated.

Nintendo shares ownership of the Pokemon brand with two other companies (Creatures Inc. and Game Freak).

We assume it's an even split between the three (33% each), but no one actually knows.

However, on top of that, Nintendo also owns shares in both of these companies. So chances are, Nintendo owns more than the other two companies (i.e more than 33% overall).

Furthermore, Nintendo themselves has sole ownership of Pokemon trademarks (i.e the names, such as "Pokemon", "Pikachu", etc., as well as the logos).

Therefore, Pokemon could only land on a platform, using the the Pokemon names/logos, with Nintendo's permission.

Right now, in terms of video games, Pikachu can be found on Nintendo platforms as well as mobile devices (e.g Android and iOS with games like Pokeon Go and others).

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@trugs26 said:

It's a bit complicated.

Nintendo shares ownership of the Pokemon brand with two other companies (Creatures Inc. and Game Freak).

We assume it's an even split between the three (33% each), but no one actually knows.

However, on top of that, Nintendo also owns shares in both of these companies. So chances are, Nintendo owns more than the other two companies (i.e more than 33% overall).

Furthermore, Nintendo themselves has sole ownership of Pokemon trademarks (i.e the names, such as "Pokemon", "Pikachu", etc., as well as the logos).

Therefore, Pokemon could only land on a platform, using the the Pokemon names/logos, with Nintendo's permission.

Right now, in terms of video games, Pikachu can be found on Nintendo platforms as well as mobile devices (e.g Android and iOS with games like Pokeon Go and others).

oh that right..

pokemon is on your mobile phone as well.