Is Nintendo Trying To Surprise Us At Wii U Launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Do you think Nintendo is hiding most of the Wii U launch games from us so that we can be surprised when we go to buy the Wii U and find more games than what was announced at E3? Cast your vote in the poll.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Hiding? Theyve been upfront about them and it has too many I want!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Do you think Nintendo is hiding most of the Wii U launch games from us so that we can be surprised when we go to buy the Wii U and find more games than what was announced at E3? Cast your vote in the poll.

TyberZannxxxx

So you honestly think that Nintendo had a poor showing at E3 and in turn lost millions upon millions of dollars and now are surrounded by a good chunk of negativity in their industry just so you could be excited when you got a Wii U?

Really?

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

No....but I hope their not surprised by the negative vibe now of the Wii U.

TairuSzoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 TairuSzoola
Member since 2012 • 83 Posts

I feel it was less of trying to suprise us but more of they did not have a lot of the games ready. I have a feeling that the best WiiU games have a little while before being released. Example being Super Smash Bros & a new Zelda.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17888 Posts
i really really hope so. but no i dont.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
NO, but there is likely to be more games.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
The games are ok, and there is plenty. I see no need for a surprise there. What I think is that Nintendo is worried that the people don't "understand" the machine, so they may be more movement in that direction that on trying to overfill with games only
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonesawisready5

Rayman Legends, Dark Siders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Project P-100, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Assassin's Creed III, Nintendo Land, Ghost Recon Onilne, Scribblenauts Unlimited isn't enough for you guys?

My wallet is already afraid of it!

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
What? No "Hiding" key launch games with only 5 months or so until a newly launched console is not something Nintendo is doing
backtowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 backtowar
Member since 2011 • 289 Posts

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

Jaysonguy

So you honestly think that Nintendo had a poor showing at E3 and in turn lost millions upon millions of dollars and now are surrounded by a good chunk of negativity in their industry just so you could be excited when you got a Wii U?

Really?

damn.. jasonkid is back :(

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Rayman Legends, Dark Siders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Project P-100, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Assassin's Creed III, Nintendo Land, Ghost Recon Onilne, Scribblenauts Unlimited isn't enough for you guys?

bonesawisready5

I agree I want most of those games and that is more then enough for launch. I would probably only be able to get at the most 3 of the games I want at launch.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

I agree I want most of those games and that is more then enough for launch. I would probably only be able to get at the most 3 of the games I want at launch.

Its funny because unless something dramatic happens it will be the best launch ever in terms of software
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
No, they have announced an amazing launch window line up. They're keeping quiet on the post launch window.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

It seems pretty clear to me that we know everything we're going to know about the initial launch window. Nintendo isn't stupid enough to let us down just to build us back up later just for the sake of surprising us.

Guovssohas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Guovssohas
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts
Negative vibe someone said. No matter what Nintendo shows, it would still be all negative. If they showed a new F-zero with 30player online with gorgeous graphics, it would be fail, garbage, lol 30players is overkill and so on...
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
They're hiding more games that are gonna be released lated. They announced 23 games, that's a lot for a launch.
yosat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yosat
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

Unfortunately for Nintendo, they failed at basic conference rules. Have a great start. Have a great ending. People usually judge a presentation based on both, especially the latter.

Nintendo's E3 conference started great. It ended with a terrible performance. Please note I did not say terrible game, but performance.

The ending was terrible because of another failure. The maximum amount of time for talking about the same topic is 5 minutes. After 5 minutes it becomes boring. They spend around 10 minutes talking about a single experience (or minigame). It was disastrously bad they didn't show condensed information. After all, people in the audience had three days to check the experience by themselves.

The result was potentially great games being overshadowed by the lousy ending.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
no, because that's as stupid a marketing strategy as it gets.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

No. The games they showed are more than enough for a launch.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
More games have been trickling out since the conference. I really hope there's more stuff. I have enough Wii U games I want to play to justify a purchase already though.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

TyberZannxxxx
No I highly doubt this was their plan, if it was its the most idiotic plan I have ever seen. No, the conference was just targeted towards casuals, not us.
Blaz3_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blaz3_fox
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

I really hope they are, but I'm pretty sure they aren't. It's sad but likely. What they've got so far is actually pretty good considering launch window, typically launch window games kinda suck so when they start announcing some more awesome stuff, then I'll hop aboard the bandwagon. Until then, there's plenty of Wii games I have yet to finish. Thanks project rainfall.

I'm just hoping that 3rd parties really take advantage of the tech in the Wii U, but I do feel that Nintendo needs to show 3rd parties what is expected of them and how they are supposed to utilize the unique aspects of the controller. Stuff like the panorama demo looks freaking awesome and hopefully games like Ghost Recon Online from last year really shows how online is awesome and works. Oh what would be the greatest game to launch Wii U with would be Bioshock Infinite. I could see that happening, since it's been delayed and we haven't heard anything for a while, but I do remember saying that it's delayed till 2013, so there's also a big possibility that it won't make launch.

Either way, it's still Nintendo, and their increasing look at catering to the "hardcore" crowd means that I'm sure they will focus on putting out titles that appease them.

The casual stuff they're putting out at the moment looks a lot like they're all just tech demos for the console because I think that they wanted to really prove what the console can do so that people understand that at launch, and then once they've got the console in people's hands, then they'll push some awesome games. Let's hope it starts with Pikmin 3 and carries on to Star Fox, Metroid, F Zero, 1080 (I can dream), Pokemon and hey why not add a few online-based games like an exclusive shooter or something.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 962 Posts

Surprise us with having no games at launch? :P

But seriously, the launch games are not so great IMO. Having 2D Mario is not that big of a deal to me. Pikmin 3 is going to be awesome and a day one for me that's for sure. If Ninja Gaiden 3 turns out to be good then I might consider getting it. AC3 for me day one also on WiiU. I'm also thinking of not buying ME3 and waiting for it to release on WiiU and then get it, although it may not sound like a very great idea if it is going to be sold as a 60$ game. NintendoLand is nice but not huge. I don't know but I feel that the launch is not that good but we will see :)

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Surprise us with having no games at launch? :P

But seriously, the launch games are not so great IMO. Having 2D Mario is not that big of a deal to me. Pikmin 3 is going to be awesome and a day one for me that's for sure. If Ninja Gaiden 3 turns out to be good then I might consider getting it. AC3 for me day one also on WiiU. I'm also thinking of not buying ME3 and waiting for it to release on WiiU and then get it, although it may not sound like a very great idea if it is going to be sold as a 60$ game. NintendoLand is nice but not huge. I don't know but I feel that the launch is not that good but we will see :)

Life-is-a-Game
I think Nintendoland was just made to show case the gamepad just like Wii Sports was made to show case motion controls. It'll most likely come as a pack-in. For me my definite launch titles are: Pikmin 3, AC3 and ZombiU
Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

Definitely not with launch titles, but I think we may see a couple more big hitters at TGS for later in the console's life cycle. They have so many IP's to call upon you can't help but think they have loads planned for the machine.

kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kiddoom93
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

I wanted to say yes but I just couldn't because I was not impressed tbh apart from Assassins Creed 3 which looked great on the WiiU imo and ZombiU but the rest of the 3rd party line-up is already out there for the masses. I know the loyal Nintendo fans will be excited for games like Batman and Mass Effect 3 because they haven't had the chance to play them but ordinary gamers like myself do own a 360, PS3 or a capable PC of running these games and have enjoyed them on one of those platforms so it's hard to get excited for something we have already experienced. Games like Nintendoland etc do not appeal to me and I don't know why Nintendo insist on making Wii Fit's etc anymore because that gamer base is gone mums, grandparents, aunties and uncles are not interested anymore sure at first they went and bought the consoles, the balance boards etc but where are they now? the Wii sales now are tiny in comparison to what they were around 2007/2008 so all Nintendo have left is the hardcore and they need to deliver or things could get real ugly for them. They have say 5/6 months until the release of the WiiU that's enough time to new 3rd party games on their system instead of games that have been around for a year or more also to start developing to a couple of 1st party exclusives and announce they are in development even showing a few photos would be enough for most fans to get excited whether they do it not is another question but for their sake I hope they do.