is it worth trading my 360 for a wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maziso2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maziso2
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

ive always been a nintendo fan. In fact, last year i had a wii, but sold becuse of the lack of games and got my 360..... after a year ive seen the wii really come to itelf with games like metroid prime 3, mario alaxy, super paper mario etc... plus a solid gamecube install base since i never owned gamecube. The thing is, am considering trading in my 360 fir a wii, and am just wondering if its worth it?

also how does 2008 look for the wii? i dont want it collecting dust...i really hate that.

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
It's like apples and oranges, I think. The best thing for you to do is research the games coming out for both the Xbox360 and Wii in 2008. Find which console you think has the best games that suit your preferences. Wii does have some great titles coming out in 2008, but I can't sit here and tell you straight up to trade your 360 for a Wii.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
You sold your Wii? Wow, that was your first mistake. You second mistake is even considering selling your 360. Do some research about 360's upcoming line-up - Banjo, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc. Look at what YOU would be interested in. Same goes for Wii including its CURRENT line-up - people overlook what the Wii currently has. Scarface and Godfather are discounted 'good' games.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

ive always been a nintendo fan. In fact, last year i had a wii, but sold becuse of the lack of games and got my 360..... after a year ive seen the wii really come to itelf with games like metroid prime 3, mario alaxy, super paper mario etc... plus a solid gamecube install base since i never owned gamecube. The thing is, am considering trading in my 360 fir a wii, and am just wondering if its worth it?

also how does 2008 look for the wii? i dont want it collecting dust...i really hate that.

maziso2

iwouldkeepur360andgetawii

navigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 navigas
Member since 2003 • 306 Posts

In my humblest of opinions, there are way too many AAA 360 games coming out this holiday.
Think about it; Assassins Creed(which im playing now, best game on 360 so far), Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect and not
to forget the new Soldier of Fortune. Wait Ninja Gaiden 2??? Awsuummm! Just my opinion

twighlight13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 twighlight13
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts

you should'nt have sold ur wii oh well check what games u might want to buy and see if its worth it *cough cough*WORTH IT*cough*

:D

Nickster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Nickster_11
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts
you will lose too much moneyon the trade ins. just save up to buy a wii. besides the 360s holiday line up looks sweet too
black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts
idk if i would trade a xbox 360. iv never had one and i would love to have the money for it. but on the other hand there are a lot of good games out for the wii. they didnt say to much about 08 but with Nintendo who knows they could have star fox, Yoshi, and a lot of good stuff ahead. i woulddo it. i hate when people complain aboutthere wiis collecting dust. my hasn't since launch. just go buysome new games!!!!!!
redfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 redfalco
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

maziso2
next year is smash bros brawl that game will rock your core,mario cart Wii,etc in my mind these games will make the Wii like a e3 system =makes the Wii the most wanted system
SilentCapybara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SilentCapybara
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts
I think you get your Wii back to it's home buddy! The Wii may have suffered under hype the first go around but take a peek at what's coming out: Guitar Hero 3 (already out but great with Wii exclusive extras), Super Mario Galaxy (the reason everyone bought the Wii - coming out tomorrow), Super Smash Bros Brawl (online capabilities taken to next level on Nintendo's next gen console) Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (32 player online!), Metroid Prime 3 (excellent action/shooter title), Mario Kart Wii (just imagine the possibilities), Wii Music (oh yeah), Guitar Villain/Drum Hero/Drum Villain (slated for next year release), and a truckload of other incredible titles to increase your bookshelf of Wii titles and to burn a hole in wallet. So I think sticking with Wii for a while is a safe bet. I also have a 360 and it's given me great games with great experiences, but the lack of trust is an issue. Many of my friends have suffered the Red Ring of Death, and I know my baby will have it's time. So with the fact that the Wii is pretty much future prrof, I'm sticking with it for it's time around the track. But I thoroughly enjoy both consoles, so I hope that makes things a little easier: Great AAA titles - AAAA - for Wii on the way, just be patient or go down the path of the 360 and wind up with a steady flow of quality games. (Remember, I own both consoles, so biased on this thread isnt part of what I want accomplished) Good Luck!
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Thing is, nobody has ever sold their console in gaming history without regret.
Just keep it, and see whether You can find a Wii some day, cause there is nothing like it and there are bound to be some games on it You like.
Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
there are a lot of good wii games and a lot comeing out. But the 360 has more good games. just do research and if you like the wiis games better then go for it but id stick w/ the 360. the wii is cheap tho just save for a wii60
blink720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blink720
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
You sold your wii and now you want it back, if you sell your 360 chances are you'll regret it. A wii isn't that expensive in the first place just save up and get both.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
if you trade 360 you wil end up in the small boat as last time, then you will want ur 360 back. if you want wii save up and have both systems.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
Don't ever sell current-genconsoles. Even if you feel like the console has no games you like. In the end, there's probably going to be a couple games for the console that you will like so don't sell your 360 andjust save up for a wii.
nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts

Look at the games

360 Has:

Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, COD 4, Gears of War, and Oblivian.

Wii Has:

Twilight Princess, super mario galaxy, metroid prime 3, super paper mario, resident evil 4, and soon SSBB and MK Wii.

Its up to you what you would rather have. I chose the wii, but I understand why people like thier x-boxs.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

get the wii

next year theres Brawl, Okami, Mario Kart, and some others

Avatar image for Hitsugaya_gamer
Hitsugaya_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hitsugaya_gamer
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
DONT DO THAT
You will be wasting Assassin creed, Oblivion, Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, Bioshock, Gta IV, Mercenaries 2, Gears of Wars 1 and 2, Mass Effect and lots of others games

But i highly recommend to you save money for a wii... with it you can pick smash , mario galaxy, metroid . Bwii , Mario kart wii, zelda, and some others coming.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Do what you want to do. I'm still not interested on the 360. My PC does makethe job since it has most 360 games on it. I'm only interested on Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon. I participate on many events to win a 360 just for Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon. I don't want to waste my money on Microsoft. I hate Microsoft with passion. Win the console and then I would probably sell it.

The only console I did sell and never regret was the PS2.When I sold my SNES, itwas the biggest mistake I made.

laxattack7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 laxattack7
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
Personally I would not. I got a Wii for Christmas last year and was very impressed and entertained for the first two months. I just bought an xbox 360 less than a month ago and I have already played it more than my Wii. I would save up and get both.:)
HiddenOakTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 HiddenOakTree
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
Keep the wii just for SS Brawl when it comes out Feb 10th
madmac7447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madmac7447
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

no keep it

Avatar image for OGoriginalgamer
OGoriginalgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OGoriginalgamer
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
I used to own both a wii and a 360. I played the 360 quite a bit for a few weeks then I just got bored with it. I wasn't really interested in Gow or oblivion or any of the other titles I played (I did like burnout 3 alot), in the end, I ended up trading my 360 in and getting more wii games and I'm glad I did or else I wouldn't be able to get games like SMG or RE UC.
DarthMstrChf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 DarthMstrChf
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
If you can play M games, no way. If you can't then yeah.
caleb5050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 caleb5050
Member since 2006 • 1298 Posts
if u trade in your 360 for a wii, you are really going to regret doing it,i can't belive ur thinkin about it lol, but just save up for another wii
Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts
Wii will get Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl in 2008.
GunQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GunQ
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Wii handles differently from the other games console and as such, you get better game play satisfaction on some games more than other consoles. also its great fun if you have friends or family to be entertain with, ie family friendly.

Its controls are different and as such, you can play games that are available for the other consoles as well as special dedicated ones for the Wii. Most definite that the Wii is here to stay and yes there aren't that many titles but they'll be coming. the only thing that sucks is that the AA battery gets drained pretty quickly so i suggest that u get rechargeable batteries.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

Dont sell anything, just keep the 360 and save up some money for the Wii, you'll regret it, you'll be missing the best that the industry have to offer, so make and effort and get the wii without selling your 360.

Or you can sell it to me to a very good price...:D

trash18164022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trash18164022
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
if i were u, i'd sell some 360 games that u don't like and then save up for a wii
budweiserpett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 budweiserpett
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts
if i were you i would stick to the xbox 360 but if you really want the wii you should trade. you should try and find out waht games are coming out for 2008 for the wii and the xbox 360
Just_in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Just_in
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts

Keep it.

Logic wins.

Galliant12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Galliant12
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

I think you get your Wii back to it's home buddy! The Wii may have suffered under hype the first go around but take a peek at what's coming out: Guitar Hero 3 (already out but great with Wii exclusive extras), Super Mario Galaxy (the reason everyone bought the Wii - coming out tomorrow), Super Smash Bros Brawl (online capabilities taken to next level on Nintendo's next gen console) Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (32 player online!), Metroid Prime 3 (excellent action/shooter title), Mario Kart Wii (just imagine the possibilities), Wii Music (oh yeah), Guitar Villain/Drum Hero/Drum Villain (slated for next year release), and a truckload of other incredible titles to increase your bookshelf of Wii titles and to burn a hole in wallet. So I think sticking with Wii for a while is a safe bet. I also have a 360 and it's given me great games with great experiences, but the lack of trust is an issue. Many of my friends have suffered the Red Ring of Death, and I know my baby will have it's time. So with the fact that the Wii is pretty much future prrof, I'm sticking with it for it's time around the track. But I thoroughly enjoy both consoles, so I hope that makes things a little easier: Great AAA titles - AAAA - for Wii on the way, just be patient or go down the path of the 360 and wind up with a steady flow of quality games. (Remember, I own both consoles, so biased on this thread isnt part of what I want accomplished) Good Luck!SilentCapybara

he said it all! but to sum it up, super smash bros brawl, 'nuff said

wiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 wiidog
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
First off it was really dumb to sell your Wii because there werent a ton of games out at the time. Did you ever consider that they...I dont know, may come out with more. And yes, the Wii is better than the 360 so do it as a last resort.
Monkey-Man1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Monkey-Man1234
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts
I personally think the 360 (in terms of good games available/coming out) is by far superior. I have both, and my Wii hasn't been used in ages. Just my opinion, I understand why some people like the Wii more.
purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts
just get both, I have a wii and a 360. I can't wait to go broke over the holiday.
Monkey-Man1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Monkey-Man1234
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts

Just to put it out there...

360: Bioshock, Halo 3, Oblivion, Rainbo Six, GRAW, Splinter Cell, CoD, Viva Pinata, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Kane and Lynch, and a great online system.

Wii: Mario Galaxy, MP3, Super Paper Mario, Zelda, and Strikers.

Avatar image for -PresidentEvil-
-PresidentEvil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#38 -PresidentEvil-
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts

Well, being a Sony/Nintendo fan myself, and not being much of a fan of the 360, I would say yes. You have more than enough great games out, and coming out in the months of November, and for 2008, you already have announced Disaster: Day of Crisis, No More Heroes, Sadness, Mario Kart Wii, and Brawl. Those are the big gaming announcements. I would not be surprised if Pikmin made it's way, and more wanted games.

On the other hand, Assassin's Creed is coming soon, and so are a bunch of other games, and you need either a PS3/360 for Resident Evil 5, so one of those is a must have. I say in order to have the best gaming experince this gen, you need to own a Wii and one other, a PS3 or 360. For me it is a PS3 when I get one this summer, but really I would say whatever you decided to do, you need both.

Hope this helped. :)

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

wow...maybe learn a little patience...what a waste of money.

just keep whatever you have and get a wii down the road if you have the money. you've probably already lost enough for at least 1 extra game. just wait. consoles will collect dust, you can't expect to have a game that you want to play every day. or just find another hobby.

OldSnake187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OldSnake187
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It really depends on the type of games you like? The 360 has a ton of great exclusives like Gears, Halo, Mass Effect and Bioshock but if your into games like Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart then i would say yes but the 360 is just awesome so really think about it

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
Why not try to buy a new Wii instead of trading in your 360 for one.
x_SuperMario_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 x_SuperMario_x
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts

the TC posted this in November of 07, so i doubt he needs advice 7 months later.

someone lock this thread down.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Keep your 360, and save money for a Wii. If you don't have a job... get a job just to buy a Wii.

x_SuperMario_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 x_SuperMario_x
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts

Keep your 360, and save money for a Wii. If you don't have a job... get a job just to buy a Wii.

slimdave21

he asked this question 7 months ago, i doubt he still revisits this thread. :P

someone really should lock this thread though, where's a mod when you need them. ;)

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
Buy both
Avatar image for spartanshorts07
spartanshorts07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 spartanshorts07
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

You should not have posted a question like this in a wii fourm!!!! What knid of answers are you really looking for. You allready have a lot of responses but heres mine. I own both. I dont play both. The strategy wii developers are taking is basicaly trash. I have been disapointed in almost every game (not including a few ports and staple franchises, mario and zelda) I cant even see any decent games coming in the next few months (that are wii exclusive) heres what is coming to Xbox this month that looks fantastic, Alone in the dark, Ninja Gaiden II, Guitar hero:ariosmith,Battlefeild bad company and Unreal III on 7-7. If these dont intrest you I think we may be on two diffrent wavelengths but the choice to me seems obvious.

However!!!!!!!!!! You need to play LoZ:TP (the last zelda game) and to do that cheap just get a gamecube and a game. (It was the only reason I bought my wii and it still sadly seems to be that way:()

hopenui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hopenui
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts

My suggestion is to keep your 360 that way. Save more money and buy another Wii.

If you trade 360 for wii, then if wii has slow games release youll start thinking about 360 again.

goleafsgo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 goleafsgo14
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts

Yes I would do it. If your a fan of Nintendo series games and dont really care for online that much, get the Wii. It has way better single player games then the 360 in my opinion.