is it worth buying ds right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gog3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gog3r
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts

the ds is quite old and i read there is a new one coming soon 3ds something like this :P

and also budget issue dslite or dsi here the dsi is like 2 dslite price wise and im not going the use the internetshop and the camera

so please tell your thoughts

dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 dazzzilla
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts

If the DSI costs as much as the Lite I dont see why you wouldnt go for it unless you play GBA games ?, it just simply looks better even if you dont use the camera and other stuff it offers over the lite.

The 3Ds its difficult its a whole new console and if you wait its said to have backward compatibility but its all new high performance tech you should be expecting to pay atleast 170% of the DSI's price for it on launch.

Gog3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gog3r
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts

i meant the the dsi costs twice the price

Chrnocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chrnocide
Member since 2009 • 357 Posts

I'd wait for the 3DS. I have a DS light, was thinking of the DSi, then the XL was announced, and now the 3D. 3D will be the actual " new " console, so I'm just gonna save my pennys and wait for that.

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

There's lots of great games for the DS - if not buying DSiWare or having a camera doesn't bother you and budget is a constraint then get a lite. The 3DS should be backwards compatible so you'll be able to play any games you get now on it once it's here!!

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

i dnt plan on bying a new ds anytime soon. i got the lite. and thats fine with me. i suggest just wait till the 3ds comes out or if u truly wnt to plsy a ds gaem now then u shud jsut get the ds lite only if u still play ur gba games. if not then jsut wait itll be worth it

RichardWrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RichardWrite
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts
It depends on a lot of things. Most of the press is saying that it will be a year before we'll get the 3DS in the States, so do you have the patience to wait a year before playing any games? I don't! I had to have my fix now, so I bought the DSi XL and love it. There's also the fact that after you wait a year for the 3DS, you might find that the 3D just doesn't do it for you. Again, the press is saying you have to keep it at a precise location in front of your eyes to see the 3D. Plus it is probably murder on the battery life. So what if you hold off for a year and then find out that you have to get the DSi XL to satisfy your needs anyway? Then it's a year lost for nothing!
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

I recemmend getting a DSi.

ihtesam19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ihtesam19
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

Get a DSi.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
It depends on a lot of things. Most of the press is saying that it will be a year before we'll get the 3DS in the States, so do you have the patience to wait a year before playing any games? I don't! I had to have my fix now, so I bought the DSi XL and love it. There's also the fact that after you wait a year for the 3DS, you might find that the 3D just doesn't do it for you. Again, the press is saying you have to keep it at a precise location in front of your eyes to see the 3D. Plus it is probably murder on the battery life. So what if you hold off for a year and then find out that you have to get the DSi XL to satisfy your needs anyway? Then it's a year lost for nothing!RichardWrite
I read somewhere that the 3DS is supposed to have way better battery life actually....
ErgoZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ErgoZelda
Member since 2010 • 43 Posts

Get the DSi, it's awesome.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Personally I would wait till I learn more of the 3DS and then decide .
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

the ds is quite old and i read there is a new one coming soon 3ds something like this :P

and also budget issue dslite or dsi here the dsi is like 2 dslite price wise and im not going the use the internetshop and the camera

so please tell your thoughts

Gog3r

Pokemon Heart Gold, Golden Sun (DS) and Okamiden. Yes, it's worth buying a DS.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
i will wait for the 3ds, however Im already picking up many ds games like advance wars ds, the phoenix wright series, etc... in case they become scarce when the 3ds launches... if the 3ds doesnt launch this holiday here on the us, i might as well get a ds lite
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Get a DSi. Not the XL just DSi. It's really fun.

sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts
I think im going to purchase the dsi then get the second installment of the 3DS. Why? the first installment tends to be the worst looking at least(on top of other reasons) and i will be able to get my worthwhile use out of my dsi until the e.g 3DS Lite comes out.