Is it time for me to get a PsP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts

Before I get grilled for posting this question in the DS forum. I should say that I did so because When I go to buy somthing, I usually want the toughest reviews of that product, and where better to get that than in the ds forum ;) I ask this now because, I owned a 360 and a DS (as well as previous generation systems) but have never owned a play station product and was wondering if I should buy this one.

To play games like daxter and God of Warfor the first timeis appealing to me. I have heard bad things about the controls but have also heard that it just takes time to get thehang of them. Also I dont have a personal mp3 playerso thats a bonus too.I was wondering if anyone knows if the psp is on its way out, if a psp 2 isin the works... that I should wait for. Thankyou to whomever posts, and please, if you're just gonna post crude words followed by multiple exclimation points, please don't :) haha.

Thankyou.

-FatTony

tifta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tifta27
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well for me, I own all of the systems. I know what I say isn't going to agree with everyone, but this is my own personal opinion. For the psp I have only actually gotten a few games, and there is a wide selection to choose from. There seems to be a lot of RPG's out for the psp including the ealier final fantasy series. (love) If you love RPG's this is the system for you. I like also how you can add movies to your psp and watch them on the psp :D the HD screen is pretty clear. I did get pretty pissed off when I ended up buying on I had a few dead pixals on the screen so look out of those when you get one. Other then that I love Playstation has some great games for it. I just wouldn't buy a FPS for, that is what xbox360 is for ;)

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

It looks like Silent Hill Origins may be the thing that finally causes me to get a PSP, but I hate buying a system for only one game.

So I guess I will wait some...

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
I personally think tthe PSP is a bite sized PS2 so i would stick with the dS theres alot of good games on it
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i had a psp. i was really disappointed with it . the new psp slim looks cool and has some good games . but the line up is pretty poor. my psp busted 2 times in one year. i got to the point where i would not even take it out with me and its a portable. then it busted yet agian. so i just sold it and cut my loses . psp trys to be a console and a portable and fails with both .
strawhatwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 strawhatwonder
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
dude get your own
FunkyOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FunkyOrange
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
buy your self a PS2 :D
canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

Yes, I bought one earlier this year (before the slim came out) and I absolutely love it. Completely satisfied. No regrets. I would always recommend it to my friends and co-workers...especially now that the slim is out.

Graphics-wise, I was completely blown away by the PSP. The games looks absolutely amazing. Games, like Burnout, GTA, Metal Gear Solid PO, and Ratchet, looks and plays very similar to its PS2 counterparts. You can think of the PSP as a portable PS2.

Control-wise, I didn't have any real issues with it. Most of the complaint...it seems...revolved around not having a 2nd analog stick that PS2 has. But like you, I didn't have a PS2. PSP was the first Sony control scheme that I used. So, I cannot say I have the same complaint.

I highly recommend PSP for its Games/MP3 capability. The rest are just gimmicks.
Video-wise, unless you want to pay for a UMD, playing a movie/video on a PSP is not really an option. It takes a long time to convert a video into the format that the PSP can play. It's not worth the time IMO. With 1GB memory stick, you cannot put a lot in it anyways.
For Internet browsing, you can pretty much forget it. The browser is slow and un-useable.

Hope this helps.

PilgrimWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PilgrimWind
Member since 2007 • 432 Posts
It is a good idea to have both DS and PSP. Sure, I know that a fanboy is going to disagree, but let's face it: Both are totally different and the PSP can do do things that the DS can't. The PSP can play movies, music, games, browser the internet and more without any other external hardware. Sure, the DS can do that too, but you need other hardware to do it, plus the sound quality and movies quality sucks in the DS.
Djinnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Djinnator
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts

If you are into multi media get a psp, but ds just has loads more good games, hes a link to a comic that sums it up.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=236

SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

It is a good idea to have both DS and PSP. Sure, I know that a fanboy is going to disagree, but let's face it: Both are totally different and the PSP can do do things that the DS can't. The PSP can play movies, music, games, browser the internet and more without any other external hardware. Sure, the DS can do that too, but you need other hardware to do it, plus the sound quality and movies quality sucks in the DS.PilgrimWind

I agree. I own both and love them both equaly. I mean if you can only choose one go with your innerfanboy.