Is it me or is ther something wrong with the wii game ratings?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mafia217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 Mafia217
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

Well, I've been deciding to buy myself a Wii, and as I was browsing throught the Wii games pages, I've noticed that most of the ratings for the recent and been-released-long-time-ago Wii games are getting low scores :(

Are these games that bad? =/

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
You'll notice lots of low scores for Wii games here at GameSpot.
nomadph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nomadph
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

*agrees with PlasmaBeam44*

(PS: gamespot compares wii games with xbox360 versions side by side...for reasons unknown to us mortals)

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

I will have to start by saying that there are inded a LOT of crap games for the Wii. That's just due to its immense popularity.

BUT. There are some rather great games that scored low. I am a huge fan of Excite Truck. It has so much more to offer than say MotorStorm. GS scored it 6.X. It happens. Dont know why.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
you shouldnt use gamespot for wii ratings use ign or something i do. because for some reason if you look at the average rating by critics gamespots is always the lowest.
Mafia217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 Mafia217
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

such pity that they rates games with other console versions....oh well =/

iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
yeah and you will also notice they class the wii as last gen but i don't know why as the controller is def next gen. Sometimes don't know what they going on abouti swear, I've had a 360 and sold it now have a wii and had alot more fun on it. Plus its free to play online what else do ya want.:D
Robinvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Robinvd
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
Why do you guys care about Game Ratings? its nothing special imo.... just buy it or w/e if you like it dont let yourself get controled by ratings...
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
The Gamespot people are Wiicist don't worry its obvious to everyone.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts

I will have to start by saying that there are inded a LOT of crap games for the Wii. That's just due to its immense popularity.

BUT. There are some rather great games that scored low. I am a huge fan of Excite Truck. It has so much more to offer than say MotorStorm. GS scored it 6.X. It happens. Dont know why.

gromit007

I agree, but not about the Excite Truck part.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Read the reviews closely then compare it to several other sites. You will notice something odd especially if you compare the other versions of the game. Take for instance Guilty Gear the PS2 version got an 8.9 however the wii version which had the same content but had widescreen and somewhat better graphics scored lower. Want to know why because the reviewer **** about the controls and that to him the classic controller, gamecube controller worked better. He docked it two points because he had to use another controller. Does that make sense to you?

Take SSX blur several review sites gave the game 8 to 9 while 1up and some others gave it much lower scores claiming the game was broken however those reviewers then fessed up that they hadn't gone through the tutorials or tried an hour on the controls they just spent 15 minutes on it. Most gamers will tell you it takes an hour or two for a game to click with them since they are learning the controls and how they interact with the game.

Quite often the games that score lower on certain sites you sometimes notice they dock points for the most ridicioulous stupidistic reasons while not stating that an option setting negates these stuipidistic reviewer reasonings for lower score.

Most people find more fun with games that score six or a seven then a nine rated game anyway.

greyfox08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greyfox08
Member since 2007 • 263 Posts
I don't agree with most of gamespots wii reviews.Most games arent that bad.
musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts

I don't agree with most of gamespots wii reviews.Most games arent that bad.greyfox08

agreed

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
For some reason the really good games get low rating here. Check out GameRankings.com to compre ratings of other sites and get a better view. I would definitely compare the Metroid and Zelda scores from this site with other ones.