Is it living up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Live4HIM13_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _Live4HIM13_
Member since 2007 • 232 Posts
Me and my cousin were talking about the wii a couple of days ago and he was very anxious to get one, but from my perspective it seems as though the wii has not lived up to the hype and is just a mediocre console.  I mean i once thought about getting one when it was first launched and money isnt the issue so i just want to know if the games are worth buying the console and im not really into the whole VC thing so i prolly wont be buying many of those games.  i mean it just seems like most of the people with this system have been utterly disappointed and i see post after post of things like "Whats up w/ the wii?"  I just need to see what the system really is.....
ReeceBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 ReeceBrown
Member since 2005 • 1973 Posts
i dont know what the F your taking about mediocore my  eye i have so many great games for my Wii i dont know which one to play next.....to me its living up hugley and with metroid and BWII and charged comming out its definatly living up and beyond
Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

Im a PC gamer and i just got a Wii recently because i like fun games that ain't too serious. I have been playing online games for the PC for years and sometimes i get sick of the jerks in them saying they elite, also games on pc are more serious. Having said that i do love PC online gaming. Now the main reason i got a Wii is for Mario Strikers which is a fun online non serious game and the good news is, its very good!!.

I saw alot of potential for this console so i got one, and super smash bros will be really good. If you unsure about the games for it just wait and see. I personally didn't get an xbox360 and PS3 because i don't need a mini PC and with the added cost of an HDTV etc i just couldn't be botherd.

_Live4HIM13_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _Live4HIM13_
when i said mediocre i didnt mean the console was mediocre i just said that was the impression that i have been getting from the posts on this forum.  But i mean i know there are good games cuz i love SSB and Metroid (oh and what was BWll? jw)  but ya i want to believe that it really is a system worth buying cuz deep down i want one i am just worried about getting disappointed in the long run cuz i already have a 360 and i like it a lot but i just need a new type of gaming ya know?
_Live4HIM13_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Live4HIM13_
Bump*
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

To me, right now its done a decent job, however in the next 6 months i see myself finding it hard to find time to play all the great titles coming out, with school in the way.

Really, its a great machine. Look at the upcoming line up of games for 2007 - its aweosme. 

_Live4HIM13_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Live4HIM13_

To me, right now its done a decent job, however in the next 6 months i see myself finding it hard to find time to play all the great titles coming out, with school in the way.

Really, its a great machine. Look at the upcoming line up of games for 2007 - its aweosme. 

Haziqonfire

See i hear what your saying there and thats the one thing i can see a reason for buying the Wii.  But doesnt constantly swing and swiping and do all that stuff with the controller get tedious repetitive and just boring after a while?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

_Live4HIM13_

See i hear what your saying there and thats the one thing i can see a reason for buying the Wii. But doesnt constantly swing and swiping and do all that stuff with the controller get tedious repetitive and just boring after a while?

only if its implimented badly.

The Godfather for example - its actually a really, really fun game for the Wii. its about 50 hours long for the story, and im not bored of it yet. The controls seem to fit.

Same thing with Zelda.

The only game i got bored with the motion controls was Marvel:ultimate alliance, and Sonic. Sonic because theirs barely any besides moving left and right and flicks. 

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
as of right now, yes. but so is the ps3, and the 360 is beginning to get out of the mediocre stage. by the end of the year theyll all be so much better, you cant expect much in a the post-launch drought, you can only hope
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire

as of right now, yes. but so is the ps3, and the 360 is beginning to get out of the mediocre stage. by the end of the year theyll all be so much better, you cant expect much in a the post-launch drought, you can only hopesoulsdeparting

Not to make this system wars or anything, but if any console is in a mediocre stage, id say its the PS3. Virtually no games to play besides 2-3. Atleast the 360 has more than 2-3 titles to play.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

xbox 360 has been out of a year. PS3 is likely to remain mediocre since a lot of it's exclusives are no longer.

A lot of developer talk is that future PS3 game plans are being scrapped left and right as well as regretting any they have commited so far.

Sonic has always been about speed a lot of people actually liked Secret rings because it was a return to the franchises origins. Surely you wouldn't recommened Sonic for the xbox 360 and PS3 in which you had the hellish load times for each part of a mission in which you just talked to a guy?

Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
After Metroid hits, I don't see a time when I will not be playing my Wii.  Metroid leads into so many more huge games I don't know if I will have a)the money or b)the time to play all of the good ones.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
The VC is worth it enough.... and the first party franchises make it perfect.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
Yepp you're right Wii hasn't lived up to the hype at all. I got one close to launch and I was super excited about getting it but once I finished Zelda there was no more good games at all. Cod3 could have been very good if the graphics wasn't **** and it had online. I mostly spent my time with the Wii playing GC games. I have about 12 Wii games and the only game aside from Zelda that was any good was The Godfather, the rest was crap. Now my Wii is broken and Im not the least bit sad about it. Im going back to PC gaming where the games at least last more than one or two days.
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

[QUOTE="soulsdeparting"]as of right now, yes. but so is the ps3, and the 360 is beginning to get out of the mediocre stage. by the end of the year theyll all be so much better, you cant expect much in a the post-launch drought, you can only hopeHaziqonfire

Not to make this system wars or anything, but if any console is in a mediocre stage, id say its the PS3. Virtually no games to play besides 2-3. Atleast the 360 has more than 2-3 titles to play.

And how many good games does Wii have again?

Look I love my Wii and all but I'm not going to sit up here and be blinded by fanboyism.The Wii has no good games right now,hell at least the other two consoles launched with somewhat good games and don't say " but the Wii launched with TLOZ TP" because we all know it's just a GameCube port with added on Wii controls.

Ryle_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#16 Ryle_Boy
Member since 2006 • 2543 Posts

Personally, the Wii has really disappointed me. There's not really many games currently out that would make me want to fork out $100. Hopefully, this will change when SSBB and MP3 come around. Until then, it's just going to be an expensive (And very attractive), dust-gathering paperweight.