Is it a good idea to have super mario sunshine on the 3ds? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4273 Posts

I really haven't played this awesome gamecube game, and I want one for the 3DS. Would you like one or not?

username23bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 username23bob
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
ehh, id rather have a smg 3ds than mario sunshine imo
Avatar image for AceTheBat-Hound
AceTheBat-Hound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AceTheBat-Hound
Member since 2010 • 311 Posts

I'm waiting for Nintendo to announce those great 3rd party games for the 3DS.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I like sunshine more than galaxy, so absolutely but the more games the better.

Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts
No, I'd rather see a new 3D Mario game made exclusively for the 3DS. Besides, Super Mario Sunshine is often considered to be the black sheep of 3D Mario games, especially when you compare it to Galaxy.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts

Brand new Mario >_< No more PORTS

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
considering the only reason i didn't get 120 shines was because i missed ONE blue coin, no. as great and underrated as it is, no.
Jeanp34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jeanp34
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts

I'd rather have a brand new Mario game.

Crotazoa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crotazoa8
Member since 2010 • 1230 Posts
Yeah, i dont think the controls would work very well on a handheld (well maybe, i mean we have an analog pad now) but i think we're better off with a brand new mario game.
midisurfmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 midisurfmind
Member since 2003 • 503 Posts

I've given Mario Sunshine chance after chance and I've finally just accepted that it is one of the few major Mario games that I absolutely hate. Hate the setting, the changes in controls, the FLUDD concept, the camera, levels, the NPCs, just about everything just felt wrong. At the time I thought it was just because Mario 64 made such a big impact that it felt like a letdown, but Galaxy 1 was amazing and Galaxy 2 seems better so far, and I've bought Sunshine again since then and still hated it, so nah, for me I'd personally much prefer an all new Mario game.

All according to my personal taste of course - I know loads of people love the game, and would love to see it return, and it also reviewed well, but like I say, like most games I gave it every chance (being a Mario game I gave it more chances than most) and just couldn't find a way to like it, so I'd prefer it not to come back.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I don't see why a small team can't port over Sunshine to 3DSWare and charge $10-$15 for it via Download

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

NO MORE PORTS/REMAKES! :evil:

Not many people enjoyed Sunshine as much as SM64 and the Galaxy games. We're better off seeing something new and original that will push the 3DS's limit.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Do want Mario Sunshine in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 outworld222  Online
Do want Mario Sunshine in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!Rod90
Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Some enthusiasm!
GoldfishDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GoldfishDave
Member since 2010 • 142 Posts

I really haven't played this awesome gamecube game, and I want one for the 3DS. Would you like one or not?

outworld222
Super Mario Galaxy would be better, but I reckon Sunshine will be ported at some point.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Not a good idea, if Nintendo wants to avoid PSP syndrome, they need to keep the ports and remakes to a minimum.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I think Sunshine is a Gamecube exclusive...just like SMG is probably a Wii exclusive. I am sure the 3DS will get an exclusive 3D Mario game.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

There are very few games that come to the top of my mind with purely negative connotations. The massive, writhing disappointment that was SMS is one of them. Well-made game, but gimmicky and horrible in comparison to 64. Felt like it was made by an entirely different team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

considering the only reason i didn't get 120 shines was because i missed ONE blue coin, no. as great and underrated as it is, no.BrunoBRS

There were 150. I also got 149 shines but the last one I couldn't get was that damn watermelon rolling level. So yeah, I've also played Sunshine to death, don't need to do it again.

EDIT: Ignore that. My memory fails me.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]considering the only reason i didn't get 120 shines was because i missed ONE blue coin, no. as great and underrated as it is, no.19061980

There were 150. I also got 149 shines but the last one I couldn't get was that damn watermelon rolling level. So yeah, I've also played Sunshine to death, don't need to do it again.

pretty sure they were 120... i was using the walkthrough >.>
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Not a good idea, if Nintendo wants to avoid PSP syndrome, they need to keep the ports and remakes to a minimum. Sepewrath

Majora's Mask would be cool though. Voted for a new Mario game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

[QUOTE="19061980"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]considering the only reason i didn't get 120 shines was because i missed ONE blue coin, no. as great and underrated as it is, no.BrunoBRS

pretty sure they were 120... i was using the walkthrough >.>

Yeah sorry, hence my edit.

deathconjew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deathconjew22
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts

NO MORE PORTS

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

outworld222

YOu haven't played it and its awsome???

I have like 6 stars in it, and wouldn't buy it again. Its not fun, but the opening is so funny

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 outworld222  Online

[QUOTE="outworld222"]

Cruse34

I have like 6 stars in it, and wouldn't buy it again. Its not fun, but the opening is so funny

I just heard some good things about it, + it got good ratings. Maybe its not fun, like you said.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="outworld222"]

outworld222

I just heard some good things about it, + it got good ratings. Maybe its not fun, like you said.

it's underrated. i liked it more than 64. people whine about the F.L.U.D.D. "gimmick", but i think it added a lot.
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 outworld222  Online

[QUOTE="outworld222"][QUOTE="Cruse34"]

BrunoBRS

it's underrated. i liked it more than 64. people whine about the F.L.U.D.D. "gimmick", but i think it added a lot.

Yeah, I'm not gonna knock it until I try it.

FunRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 FunRat
Member since 2010 • 970 Posts

Wouldn't every one want a new game rather than a remake?

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

Yes! I want SMS on the 3DS, close to launch! I think GameCube games could be remade on the 3DS, so along with it, Chibi Robo, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby's Air Race, and Star Fox Adventures!

findouter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 findouter
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I don't know... I just couldn't get into Sunshine...
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

this thread seems very similar to a thread on anorther site....hmmmmm.........welll no. id rather have a new mario game.

Zeldafan221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zeldafan221
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts
How bout both :D I love Sunshine I don't understand the hate.
the3pointshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the3pointshot
Member since 2010 • 299 Posts

Sunshine is one of my favorite mario games of all time

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Sunshine and a new Mario game!!!

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

From a sales and ratings standpoint, Sunshine wasn't that great. I played it for a while and felt it was somewhat lacking. I'd prefer a new Mario game. I don't want a Sunshine port. It really isn't Nintendo's strongest game.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

Wouldn't every one want a new game rather than a remake?

FunRat
there's a strong demand for nintendo classics to be re-released on handhelds. I mean Nintendo made a mint from all the SNES games its ported to GBA. n
OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

I don't want a port of a game, I just want a new game built arounf the 3DS.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
It was a great game, but I would prefer a new one.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts
A new New Super Mario Bros. would be awesome.
TheBatKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 TheBatKid
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

I didn't care for the original.

thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

wasn't sunshine the big fail mario game, after the huge success of mario 64, everybody wanted a new mario for the gc. they made sunshine. but it was just way to big worlds etc?.

i remembered from it, that n64 versoin of mario was a huge + point which was needed after these years. while the gamecube version sunshine killed basicly all the fun there was on it.

way to huge levels, way to much returning stuff. it was just mario 64, but with way to much annoying stuff inside it.

as the developers said themself, while mario 64 was a great hit, people turned off on sunshine. they never created sunshine 2, because they needed a new concept really in order to keep mario a interresting game/character.

thats how galaxy was created. It had everything that people wanted, and was from day 1 a huge success. a second one got made and still is a huge success on top of that.

that nintendo will remake sunshine is possible if they gona hugely change the game, but i do think that lots of poeple already would turn off throught the name sunshine itself. they are already like; how to call it in english ( got there mind on " oh that crap game" instead of "cool" ) which already is downing the sales hugely.

it would be way smarter for nintendo to produce a compleet new mario or make a remake from galaxy, or just throw out a new super mario bros sidewalker game in 3D.

the only thing that they really can remake is mario 64 which has already been done for the DS, i dont think they will pick that one up yet again for now, because they would already announced something about it by then, remakes are relative simple. i dont think they will place this move. they need something original.

we will probably see a side walker mario with new worlds. or a compleet new mario just for the 3DS, or they simple wait on galaxy 3 on make a port of it or somehow.

conclusion:

no for sunshine.

Dire-wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dire-wolf
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts

DEFNATELY! Super Mario Sunshine is, and probably always will be, my favourite Mario game EVER!!!

Avatar image for cyanidebakesale
cyanidebakesale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cyanidebakesale
Member since 2010 • 387 Posts

way to huge levels, way to much returning stuff. it was just mario 64, but with way to much annoying stuff inside it.

as the developers said themself, while mario 64 was a great hit, people turned off on sunshine. they never created sunshine 2, because they needed a new concept really in order to keep mario a interresting game/character.

thehunter1900

It was nothing like mario 64 other than running and jumping, same basic setup, but galaxy continues that

the developers should have taken their own advice, galaxy2 made me feel like nintendo is turning into activision

Obviously there is going to be a new mario game for 3ds but I wouldn't mind a sunshine port, but the blue coins...

If they are making a 2d mario I hope they go back to what made mario good, super mario world, and not this new mario bros crap

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alex_Thomson
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts

No, I'd rather see a new 3D Mario game made exclusively for the 3DS. Besides, Super Mario Sunshine is often considered to be the black sheep of 3D Mario games, especially when you compare it to Galaxy.Zeus-Guy

I second that, I was just about to say the same thing. While Super Mario Sunshine is a great game and it would be cool to have it on the Nintendo 3DS, I'd much rather have Nintendo make an all-new Mario game just for the 3DS. Plus, I feel like there's already enough remakes of classic older games coming to the 3DS (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, etc.), so I don't think we really need any more at this point and in my opinion it seems like a kinda lazy move of the game developer's behalf of just "re-using" old games for a new platform instead of creating brand new ones. Let's see what new possibilities the 3DS offers to an all-new Mario game instead.

ssj_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 ssj_neo
Member since 2010 • 162 Posts

I've given Mario Sunshine chance after chance and I've finally just accepted that it is one of the few major Mario games that I absolutely hate. Hate the setting, the changes in controls, the FLUDD concept, the camera, levels, the NPCs, just about everything just felt wrong. At the time I thought it was just because Mario 64 made such a big impact that it felt like a letdown, but Galaxy 1 was amazing and Galaxy 2 seems better so far, and I've bought Sunshine again since then and still hated it, so nah, for me I'd personally much prefer an all new Mario game.

All according to my personal taste of course - I know loads of people love the game, and would love to see it return, and it also reviewed well, but like I say, like most games I gave it every chance (being a Mario game I gave it more chances than most) and just couldn't find a way to like it, so I'd prefer it not to come back.

midisurfmind
dude your in my mind man! cosign 100% I would not play sunshine if it was free... i'm still waiting for my mario 64 sequel.