Is anyone here having trouble updating their Wii system?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

For me, I'm getting really frustrated. For the past few days, I've been, on a whim, trying to update my Wii system, just to check out the SD card update you know. To see if it's any good, whether or not I'd like it, nothing too big.

However, each time I try to update my system, I get the error code 32007. What's really annoying is the fact that the update goes from about a quarter to the halfway line when it just stops whenever it wants to, like some sentient being, and gives me that error code. I've been getting really paranoid, thinking that Nintendo or my Internet provider just likes to toy with me and get me riled up. But I've tried the online on games like Mario Kart Wii, and it's working perfectly.

Now I'd just like to know if anyone else hasn't been able to download the update. Because if anyone else is having trouble than I can rest easy thinking it's probably because Nintendo's servers are overcrowded or something. But if I'm the only one... then oh dear. Also, while I have an American Wii, I do not live in America, so please don't give me stuff like "turn your channel to 1 or 11" because I don't even know what that means. I don't know how the Internet works over in the States, but the only channels I'm aware of are the ones on TV. And due to this, Nintendo's customer service isn't going to do me much good (as in, no good whatsoever) so that is a moot point as well.

I'm really hoping that I'm worrying about nothing here, so if anyone can help out please :) ...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Also, while I have an American Wii, I do not live in America, so please don't give me stuff like "turn your channel to 1 or 11" because I don't even know what that means. I don't know how the Internet works over in the States, but the only channels I'm aware of are the ones on TV. And due to this, Nintendo's customer service isn't going to do me much good (as in, no good whatsoever) so that is a moot point as well.thattotally

Try it anyway. ;)

The internet works the same regardless of what country you're in. Your Wii is either connected via a wireless router, Nintendo's wireless USB connector, or Nintendo's wired ethernet connector. If you didn't buy any special equipment from Nintendo, then you're using a wireless router, and the link I gave gives instructions on what you can do.

Have you downloaded an update successfully before? If so, you can rule out numbers 2 and 3 in the first set of questions from Nintendo's site. If not, then try each suggestion under "wireless router." If nothing seems to work, then it's possible that it's a server issue on Nintendo's part.

altenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 altenter
Member since 2003 • 409 Posts

try moving your wii a few feet closer to your wirless acess point for a better and faster connection speed, it may help.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thattotally

Thanks for the help, but I've already gone to Nintendo's website, otherwise I wouldn't have posted here. And the fact that I am not in the US is signified by the fact that my wireless router's model number is not in their database, so I couldn't try that "switch the channel" thing even if I wanted to. I'd love to be able to ask around to see if anyone else is having problems, but no one else actually has a Wii system... It's a different culture altogether here.

And the whole moving your internet closer is pointless here as well. My setup is having the TV, Wii, Vonage phone and the Linksys router all in one place, all next to each other. It's not a matter of bringing them closer.

And yes I have most certainly been able to download Wii updates perfectly back in the day. But now that error code is really annoying me, for as I have stated the process actually starts and reaches quarter way before just ending abruptly and giving me the 32007 error code. I mean the online still works! Well, at least Mario Kart Wii... Super Smash Brothers Brawl doesn't have like anyone to battle. The spectaor works, but it's like there's no one around when I want to click on any type of brawl. Perplexes me it does.

The best thing I can say about the connection is that when I click on my computer, the "Activity" part goes as follows:

Packets Sent: 15, 206 (and counting... but barely)

Packets Received: 9, 932 (also counting, barely)

Now I could have sworn that back then, the number of packets (whatever these things are) were around 1,000,000 or so, and I have a Wireless connection with a speed of 54.0 Mbps (if someone could tell me what that stands for), which has never done me wrong before.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
Try changing your country settings on the Wii to something else and try again. If you have a Linksys router you should be able to change channels and open ports for the Wii. I recommend you to not use the Wii automatic connection and set everything manually.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
try changin your channel to 1 or 11. bare with me...the channel there referring has nothign to do with your internet or your telly....its the channel your wireless signal is on. the reason they suggest it is because if ure in a built up area with other ppls wireless signals around then there could be interference. this is usually done in ure routers admin page. check ure routers manual but usually u can access it by pointing ure browser to 192.168.0.1 (or possibly 192.168.1.1..but i can vary from router to router). theres usually a wireless section in there where u can change the channel. once u do it, ure wireless connection will drop for a moment...then it should reconnect by itself. then give ure update another go.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thattotally

No guys, I don't think you understand... *sigh*

Alright fine, let's see if we can give this channel 1 or 11 thing a go. Now first off... What the heck does that mean??? You seem to be forgetting that I don't know anything about the internet, and have no idea how to do any of what you just said. I mean for starters, am I to work on the computer? Is this current pc that I'm typing on the place where I can alter my router's channels?

The Linksys router that I have does not have channels on them, if that's what you think. The only thing it displays are flashing green light dots. Again I don't know how the internet works in America, but that's what it's like here.

Now, I'm hoping you all can explain everything to me as easily as possible, and to make each step basic and simple, as well as to always keep in mind that I have no knowledge of anything to do with this, so don't assume I'll always know what you're talking about. I appreciate you guys helping me out.

And again, has everyone been able to download the update succesfully? Mine gets to the quarter way mark before that infamous error quote that makes me roar with rage.

haorichard1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haorichard1994
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

Alright, I have a Linksys router too, and mine works perfectly. It takes 10 minutes to update, but in the end, I get the update. I don't really know what's wrong, then. Try unplugging your router, or disconnect from the router on your Wii and reconnect. Maybe it'll work then.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

My wii is updating just fine.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SER69
Ok I'll try to do this as easy as I can, here it goes:

First you need to enter to your router settings and configure some things there, to do this: - Open your Web Browser (IE, Opera, Firefox,etc). - Type on the adress bar http://192.168.1.1/ This will take you to a popup box which asks you to enter a username and password. - The default username is either blank or admin and the default password is admin . Once you are past the login screen, you are able to access (and change) a plethora of configuration options for your router. - Now go to the Wireless tab and under the Basic Wireless Settings there should be the option to change the Wireless Channel. - Change it to either 1 or 11 . - Press save settings. Done. Close your web browser and check if now you can update your Wii.

Note: Some thing might be different depending on the model of your router. And there are a lot more things you could do to improve the security of your wireless network and performance but for now this should do.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thattotally

Now, just as a reminder, seeing as how I can't stress this enough, I don't live in the US, so most techniques won't work with me.

Now, there isn't really an address that's 192.168.1 is there? I copy pasted what you typed into the address bar of both mozilla firefox and internet explorer, but all I get is a "page that cannot be displayed" type stuff. Are you sure you typed it correctly?

Now, what I did was due to having an IP address of 192. and ending in .68, I changed the .68 to 1 or 11. All that did was make the interent not work, so I doubt it could have worked with the Wii. Plus I didn't know what I was doing when I went to properties of my Internet protocol (done by clicking on the wireless computer image at the bottom of the screen that displays internet connection level) so I just exited and am not going to boher with it until I have more knowledge of what I'm doing. Also since the Wii is turned off and it's nighttime now, it would not do to turn it on until tomorrow at least.

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

Your best bet at this point is to contact your local internet service provider and pay them to send out a technician who understand how to operate a computer and networking. The last post was very detailed in how to change your wireless channel and if that didn't help then there is nothing else to try. I would hate to see what happens if we tried to have you port foward :lol:

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thattotally

Well, no pop-up box appeared after I typed in that address bar. Does anyone know another way? This is very perplexing I must admit, just what is going on here?

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SER69

Well, no pop-up box appeared after I typed in that address bar. Does anyone know another way? This is very perplexing I must admit, just what is going on here?

thattotally
The IP number to access your router must not be the default one I provided, it must be set to other number. If you use XP, to know which number you need to type on your browser address bar, double click on the Network Connection Icon on your taskbar. And under the Support tab there should be the Default Gateway number. That number is the one you need. But, as boardn720 said, if you couldnt get around this, it is better for you to call technician with computer and networking knowledge.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thattotally

Well, would you believe it, I typed in the address that's shown in the default gateway (should I put the number, do you need to know that?) and it did bring up a pop-up box.

However, I don't know what my username and password are. I tried your suggestion by inputing admin both times, but it didn't work. Then I tried a number of variations of the name of my wireless connection and the company but to no avail. I guess we're stuck. Thanks for all the help anyway, I suppose if I ever do get the password, I'll be sure to use your technique.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SER69

Well, would you believe it, I typed in the address that's shown in the default gateway (should I put the number, do you need to know that?) and it did bring up a pop-up box.

However, I don't know what my username and password are. I tried your suggestion by inputing admin both times, but it didn't work. Then I tried a number of variations of the name of my wireless connection and the company but to no avail. I guess we're stuck. Thanks for all the help anyway, I suppose if I ever do get the password, I'll be sure to use your technique.

thattotally
Did you tried leaving the username blank and typing on password "admin"? If so, it seems like the person who set-up your router changed the settings. Now, you could reset your router to default settings by pressing and holding the small reset button on the back of the router for about 30 seconds, but my honest sugestion is for you to contact this person. There are a number of things that need to be configured for your router and Wii to work flawlessly besides the early mentioned wireless channel, like the Wireless Network security mode, MAC Filters, MTU size value and Port Range Forward. Anyhow, I'll continue to help you with anything I can from here. Good luck.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thattotally

Great news everyone! After countless hours of experimenting and messing with the wireless connection settings, I've finally been able to get it straightened out! (for now at least). And it's about time too, I mean everything else was working, there was no reason for the delay. But now I finally have incentive to check out my Wii games again, maybe finish up some that I've begun a long time ago (Super Mario Galaxy for instance)

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, especially SER69, who continued to help throughout and not give up on me so easily.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SER69
Awesome news dude! :)