Is anyone else disappointed in the Wii so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godmachine0603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 godmachine0603
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts

Since the glory days of the SNES(maybe the best system ever)Nintendo has seemed to go downhill. The gamecube only had a handfull of good titles, however some of them were GREAT titles like Resident Evil 4, Zelda, Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Imoeven Super Mario Sunshine was a great game. As far as the Wii isconcerned, i have rented many and bought little.WiiSportsand Zelda are the only 2 iown. Renters include WarioWare, Mario Party 8,Super Monkey Ball etc. I may be missing a few, but the point is that Nintendo has lacked solid software support for a long time now. Look at the 360 for example. Up to the end of the year Microsoft has,1. Mass Effect 2. Half life orange box 3. GTA 4. Bioshock 5. Halo 3 6. Guitar Hero 3 7. Assasins Creed... the list go's on and on. This doesnt even include the huge amount of games that have already been released or some of the fun classics on the Arcade like Worms and Castlevania SOTN. I am by no way bashing Nintendo. If i could write a list of all the great SNES games it would be quite a long one, or for the original NES for that matter. It Just seems Nintendo is either getting lazy or doesnt care about having a wide variety of great games, not sub-par or par ones, im talking good to great ones. Let me know what you guys think!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
This topic has been discussed a trillion times. GIVE THE WII TIME; IT's ONLY BEEN 8 MONTHS!!
Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Morgario
Member since 2005 • 2534 Posts
Sounds like there are a lot ofgood games you haven't tried yet.
godmachine0603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 godmachine0603

I realize its only been out 8 months,but i have noticedthe Wii has followed the same trend as the Gamecube didthus far.

I also forgot to mention Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Ill be sure to get those the day they come out.Oh, and even though Zelda The Phantom Hourglass is on the DS i cannot wait for that one. It looks SICK!

Anyone willing to give me some suggestions on games to try outwould be appreciated.

Superman2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Superman2010
Member since 2006 • 182 Posts
It's going to become good in 2008
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

The DS was lame at first and now it rules so I have faith.

I haven't played it but even though it got bad reviews, many on this forum say Red Steel was really good. Also, people seem to really like Godfather, Excite Truck, and Paper Mario.

Don't quote me on those because I've only played Zelda and WiiSports. I still play GC games that I've missed. I'm waiting on MP3, Madden, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and the new Tales of Symphonia game.

llama1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 llama1107
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts
ya i am dissappointed, but come 1 year from now, it'll be the best system out there. wait.
action1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 action1234
Member since 2006 • 958 Posts
I think he meant wii exclusive.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I think he meant wii exclusive.action1234

If so, the TC should watch my wishlist. They are all exclusive.

godmachine0603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 godmachine0603
I did mean Wii exclusive mostly. I have a 360 and didnt buy my Wii for multi platform games, and since the 360 has superior graphics im most likely to get most multi-platform games on that. Not to mention i havent been too impressed with the use of the nunchuck or Wii remote, with the exception of Wii Sports.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts

I bought my Wii knowing full well that I'll be buying only the Wii exclusive games from Nintendo and a few 3rd parties. If given the choice of a game on multiple consoles, I'd probably buy the 360 version. I've yet to buy a PS3, probably next year at some point.

This year, I plan on buying 3 games for the Wii, Mario Galaxy, Metroid and Smash Brothers. I already own Zelda and unfortunately Sonic that thankfully was a gift from my partner.

Jerbsinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jerbsinator
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
If these F@#king third party a$$holes would actually try to make their games any good Wii would do a lot better, but they don't and it's dragging the system down. It's pathetic how little effort developers put into Wii games, it's been stated that the Wii is capable of better graphics than the gamecube SO WHY ARE THEY MAKING THE GRAPHICS WORSE THAN GAMECUBE!!! Wtf are these third party morons thinking?? Ubisoft is the worst of the bunch, they are a shi@$y company when it comes to ports, pathetic.
Jerbsinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jerbsinator
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

If these F@#king third party a$$holes would actually try to make their games any good Wii would do a lot better, but they don't and it's dragging the system down. It's pathetic how little effort developers put into Wii games, it's been stated that the Wii is capable of better graphics than the gamecube SO WHY ARE THEY MAKING THE GRAPHICS WORSE THAN GAMECUBE!!! Wtf are these third party morons thinking?? Ubisoft is the worst of the bunch, they are a shi@$y company when it comes to ports, pathetic.Jerbs

and where the F@%k is the sequel to XIII. Come on Ubisoft get a f@#king clue!!!

andy7985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 andy7985
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
It's going to become good in 2008Superman2010
There hasn't been any news so far of 2008 except mario kart and the unnamed zelda, with only 5 triple A's (zelda, paper mario, galaxy, SSBB, and metroid) i think its looking really grim for hardcore gamers