Is anyone disappointed with the Wii?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GarageGamer02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GarageGamer02
Member since 2006 • 347 Posts
Why?
tar82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tar82
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts
I am because there's no online games at the moment.
spiggy500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 spiggy500
Member since 2005 • 2042 Posts
Honestly I don't think the wii is worth getting until games like Mario and Metroid start rolling in EXCEPT if you can have wi-fi and can take advantage of the virtual console, opera browser, weather channel, ext.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
I am because there's no online games at the moment.tar82
Yah me too, but its not a big deal...I wouldnt say im disappointed with the Wii....
ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ssc0n
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
I wouldn't say im disappointed with it, but theres a tiny part of me that feels that way. That part of me will die once SSBB, SMG, MP3, and other good games come out.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Overall I'm not, but I have my gripes.  For one thing, WiiConnect 24 should be utilized better.  I hate going in and having to wait for a News channel update when I had left my Wii on standby for several hours before at night, it should update automatically.  The Wii has USB ports and doesn't use them well (Needs USB harddrive/flash drive support).  I was dissapointed at the lack of support of 720p, it should at least be an option.  There are no online games and there doesn't seem to be many coming anytime soon.  And the PS2 ports are ticking me off, we need some more quality ground-up games.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

So far its not really fun as I though

But it will catch up soon (I hope)

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
a part of me feels disappointed because it has been nearly three years of speculating, watching, shouting and just getting angry in the wait for the wii now it's here, and part of me sees an end to the speculation... awww... twas fun... about the actual wii? nah I love it
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
Nope. It does everything I expected it to do and it has great potential. I wish there were more games available at the moment but hey, it's only been out for a short time.
mamalaga12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mamalaga12
Member since 2006 • 2175 Posts
my only disappoitmen is the lack of game i like right now, but that's just due to the fact that is still launch peroid
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
No online and really bad software support in PAL regions so I'm a little annoyed I got one at launch. Should have got a 360 then waited a year.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
It's a new system.  Overall I'm not disapointed but I would like to see some more things just like everyone else here would.  As long as Nintendo keeps spitting out cool things like this new Everyone Guesses channel then I will continue to be happy!
Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Im pretty dissapointed with my Wii so far, but I am sure with future releases I will be happy. The one thing i absolutely hate is the lack of 720p, I didnt buy a 42inch plasma HDTV to have games look like crap, even with the component cables. I knows its not about the graphics and they dont have to be like x360, but they shouldnt look all distorted on hdtv's.

And so far the games have been lackluster as well, I like zelda a lot, and wiisports was cool, but the other games have been pretty bad imo.

Anyways, I cant wait for SSX, and i am actually looking foward to sonic as well.

GarageGamer02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GarageGamer02
Everyone Guesses channel?
GarageGamer02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GarageGamer02
Everyone Guesses channel?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Online is my only problem with it, but hey we can't expect what Microsoft has on Nintendo's console.
Solaris222002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Solaris222002
Member since 2004 • 979 Posts
Im glad I bought it, Im starting to like it more than my 360 but I'll see how that changes since this year is gonna be awesome for games.
bongo_man47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bongo_man47
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts
While there are times when i love my Wii eg: playing super mario world and legend of zelda Twilight princess, i feel this small part of me that is kind of dissapointed. i havent played a wii game in 3-4 weeks atfer i beat Legend of Zelda TP. Ive mostly been playing WoW ,VC games and few GC titles here and there. i just picked up Tales of symphonia and its pretty cool. I really hope they ditch this Friend Code nonsense and get some real online gaming. other than that i think the wii is cool.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce
deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce
Member since 2004 • 2175 Posts
Disappointed Wii owner, here. Other than SSBB, SMG, and MP3, nothing else looks remotely interesting.  Zelda WAS fantastic, but I don't feel like playing through it again.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Disappointed Wii owner, here. Other than SSBB, SMG, and MP3, nothing else looks remotely interesting. Zelda WAS fantastic, but I don't feel like playing through it again.superbradleyo77

What about Bataalion Wars 2. It has online and it looks like it will be great. On the TOP of my list for 07. TOP.
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
without a doubt, no. the games coming out seem perfect to keep me busy, and im always ready fro a surprisingly good game. and i just read in game informer about sadness, and even though its due out in 08 im so excited fro this game that itll be worth the long wait. 
sage215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 sage215
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts
Same here thats the only problem I have with the wii is no online play with their games. They should of delayed Medal of Honor vanguard until nintendo released pokemon online feature so they could copy it. But anyways I'll just play my 360, so until then I am just going to wait until nintendo releases a solid online game.
Avatar image for Breakfast_Clubber
Breakfast_Clubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Breakfast_Clubber
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
are you kidding? my living room revolves around that little plastic rectangle! well, either that or i've been playing so long my eyes have gone goof on mii.
judgepeter813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 judgepeter813
Member since 2005 • 1009 Posts
my only dissappointment is that i beat zelda and have nothing to play
Avatar image for the_electro_man
the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_electro_man
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts
Why would you suggest such a thing in this forum?
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

nope....i love my Wii

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
No.
Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts
Very, that is why I am waiting at least until next Xmas.  No online games and it pretty much doesn't offer anything but party games.
pball18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pball18
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
No I'm happy with my Wii. My roomate and I play each other at golf and bowling everyday and then i preform a couple of surgeries. I just want some more games to come out. Maybe I'll buy some gamecube games and play those since I never had one.
Maximo03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maximo03
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am not an online console user, because I have Broadband internet right here on my computer, and I never travel anywhere so if I want news or weather I can either look on the internet or on the TV.

It might just be me, but I am actually disappointed with Twilight Princess, I completed it in 53 hours and the only time I thought "wow..", was with the extremely easy bosses, that looked absolutely awesome (such as Armogohma and Argorok). I did not like Midna at all, she does not give any hints about anything like Navi did in OOT (such as tell you about a monster and how to destroy it, or a hint at what you should do) and a major disliking was the Snowpeak Ruins level.. A HOUSE?! That was rather lame, I thought, and half of the items you receive are useless (ball & chain, hawkeye, slingshot)...  One more gripe:: the main evil boss dude, Zant, was a complete idiot.. I was very annoyed that they made him so easy and noticably mind-bendingly stupid.

I've also played Call of Duty 3, which was pretty fun, but the animations were horrendous and did not look good enough. The other game I tried was Red Steel, which was a bit fun, but ultimately terrible in every way.

Overall, I'm a tiny bit disappointed, but only at the launch period. Bring on Metroid, Brawl, Mortal Kombat.. etc
aBathingApe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aBathingApe_
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
I love it. I'm looking forward to quite a few of the new titles. Fight Night will be huge if it does come out. SSB, SMG, and MP3 of course. I'm even looking forward to Scarface, a game I probably wouldn't have dared touching on any other platform. I want to see a lot more of Manhunt II because that looks very promising. All in all, it should be a good year for the Wii.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts
I am because there's no online games at the moment.tar82
well, you knew that when you purchased the console, so you shouldn't be disappointed with something you expected
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="tar82"]I am because there's no online games at the moment.rbrown3
well, you knew that when you purchased the console, so you shouldn't be disappointed with something you expected

Agreed.

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
Why?GarageGamer02
Other than Wii Sports and Wario I don't really consider any of the retail games worth owning. Sure Zelda is okay but I'd much rather play Oblivion on the 360. Wii Sports and Wario are the only 2 games that jump out and scream (to me) look here's a new way to play games! So what don't I like about my Wii? THE LACK OF DECENT GAMES!
Avatar image for the_electro_man
the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_electro_man
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts
[QUOTE="GarageGamer02"]Why?guyhunter
Other than Wii Sports and Wario I don't really consider any of the retail games worth owning. Sure Zelda is okay but I'd much rather play Oblivion on the 360. Wii Sports and Wario are the only 2 games that jump out and scream (to me) look here's a new way to play games! So what don't I like about my Wii? THE LACK OF DECENT GAMES!

What I'm seeing is a lack of good 3rd party games. I think some of them were rushed because of the surprise success of the Wii.
bio-hazardous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bio-hazardous
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts
im not disapointed with the console itself, i think its absolutely great, im disappointed with the strong lack of any online games!? especially here in EU?!
CoheedIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CoheedIV
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

I got my Wii the day of launch because I stood in line for 4 hours for a preorder at EBgames.  I am disappointed with a few things:

1. Lack of HD and digital audio support

2. The Virtual Console games in general (Price, paying tax to buy points, lack of good games out now, how the Wii creates a whole separate channel for each game instead of separating them by console like Sega, NES, ect...)

3. The sensor (I have a 46" 1080p HD TV up on a wall and my couches are about 8-10 feet away I can not play accurate from there the cursor shakes around the edges of the screen a lot,  I looked in the manual and it says to stand 3-5 feet preferably if I remember correctly)

4. Lack of 3rd party support/games in general (Everyday I am hearing about companies only making the big franchise games (Unreal) on PS3 and Xbox 360 because the Wii's hardware is not up to par, the Wii seems to be following the Gamecube as of now)

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
Needs more good, solid games. (RPG's, FPS etc.) Too many minigames and stuff like that, and not enough things like Zelda and Tales of Symphonia.
silver_986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 silver_986
Member since 2006 • 750 Posts
Im not dissapointed with the wii. A) I just got one Mon. B) I love it
syngaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 syngaming
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts
Im not really disapointed honestly, i got a couple of games to keep me busy, but like some of the others have mentioned theres no online games atm - till then virtual console games ftw :)
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Yeah, a bit... but launch was just three months ago. If I got my 360 at launch I would've been disappointed too. More games will be out soon and it looks like Virtual Console is picking up though (two Zelda games already, SMB and Super Mario World, DKC at the end of the month, Kid Icarus) so that's a positive thing.

IMO: Basically, if they don't screw up the online for Super Smash Bros, this system would be worth triple what I paid for it.

3rd_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 3rd_child
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts

I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm disappointed with my wii. There are however, things that I would love to see happen with it.

- Automatic Updates (Having to manually update the news and weather channel can be annoying at times. And if you can recieve messages while the system is off, why not updates as well?

- More online support. In my opinion I think Nintendo are still coming to gripes with deciding whether or not to continue with the moderated 'friend code' system. I understand their concern for their primary target market. But maybe a password system of some sort could be developed, where online play against strangers could only be accessed by those authorised. (Speaking of which I think that online support for SSBM is a MUST. It will still be a great game without it. But having this feature will extend replayability and add a whole new dimension to the game)-

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
Screw you'll the wii is everything I wanted and more. If you would have read what you were getting before you got it you would not be disappointed.
greg_g33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 greg_g33
Member since 2003 • 158 Posts
i'm kind of bored with the wii, but that'll change once smash bros and some online games come out hopefully.
GarageGamer02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GarageGamer02
i'm kind of bored with the wii.greg_g33
This sickens me...
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts
Yes, I'm disappointed with my Wii console, first and foremost because online games are still missing, even though once announced for early '07 (we're in mid-February, when does early '07 end?!?!). Also, I don't understand why Nintendo is taking some of it's precious time to work on and open News, Weather and now Voting channels, the Voting channel being downright useless to me. But the News and Weather ones are just as obsolete (to me, again)! When I want to know what's going on around me or in the rest of the world or when I want to know how cold it is outside, I certainly won't take the time to turn on my Wii and click the channels. I'll use internet. I'd like Nintendo to concentrate on games since Wii is a GAMING console. Even though I love my Wii console for what it be able to do in the future, the only great thing about it right now is the Virtual Console.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
[QUOTE="tar82"]I am because there's no online games at the moment.soulfood4
Yah me too, but its not a big deal...I wouldnt say im disappointed with the Wii....

I'm not disappointed at all. The Wii is the best console of all time.
flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts

I got my Wii the day of launch because I stood in line for 4 hours for a preorder at EBgames. I am disappointed with a few things:

1. Lack of HD and digital audio support

2. The Virtual Console games in general (Price, paying tax to buy points, lack of good games out now, how the Wii creates a whole separate channel for each game instead of separating them by console like Sega, NES, ect...)

3. The sensor (I have a 46" 1080p HD TV up on a wall and my couches are about 8-10 feet away I can not play accurate from there the cursor shakes around the edges of the screen a lot, I looked in the manual and it says to stand 3-5 feet preferably if I remember correctly)

4. Lack of 3rd party support/games in general (Everyday I am hearing about companies only making the big franchise games (Unreal) on PS3 and Xbox 360 because the Wii's hardware is not up to par, the Wii seems to be following the Gamecube as of now)

CoheedIV
Not disapointed - looking forward to online games. In response to your number 3: I have a 55" and sit about 8 feet back with no problems. You should think about possibly moving your sensor to the bottom of the tv (i don't know how high you have it mounted) and playing with the sensitivity settings for the wiimote in the menus. Also 8-10' seems a touch far for a 46" - optimum distance is more like 6-8' i believe
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Why?GarageGamer02
No.