iPlayer, SD Cards, Great Problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by eggiebertus (45 posts) -

I've recieved the great iPlayer 1-slot card for the NDS today. I've also bought the Trancend Miro SDHC card of 8 gb. According to the package of the iPlayer it can read SDHC cards up to 32 gb, as well as normal SD cards. I've installed the OS supplied and i've followed all the instructions, yet when launched a cyan screen pops up: ''No find SD Card''...:?

Why? I am very frustrated.

Is there anyone familiar with the Trancend SD cards or the iPlayer?

#2 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

Are iPlayers legal?

If not, then you can't talk about them here. :?

#3 Posted by eggiebertus (45 posts) -

Yes, it can't use ROMS, only music, video and Homebrew.

It also looks pretty professional, as if it where a real product, not a ''hack'' or some seedy chip.

#4 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

Never heard of it being a game and if you have to install it it's probably not legal.

Like the above said, can't talk about 'em here.

#6 Posted by eggiebertus (45 posts) -

Am i being called a pirate now, or what?

#7 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

Homebrew itself is illegal me thinks.

#8 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

Yoweeh

No, I'm pretty positive Homebrew is legal. I could be wrong...

Also, I'm pretty sure it is legal. I looked into it more, and all it does is play music, and .Avi files.

To your problem: Did you try other SD Cards? If it works with other cards, it could be your SD. If it doesn't, maybe the iPlayer is defective/faulty.

#9 Posted by menosdemon (518 posts) -

me thinks of cup noodles when i hear homebrew...

#10 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

me thinks of cup noodles when i hear homebrew...

menosdemon

oh durr.

wish i caught that in the last thread. xD

yeah, I think the DSi only takes certain brands of SD cards. Lemme go check the one in my Wii to see the type...

Uh, I have a SanDisk SD 1GB for Wii. Works in my DSi though.

Did you check to see if the card was locked?

#11 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

The iPlayer that he is using goes in Slot-1 (Where a DS Game would go), and the Micro SD plugs into that. So if anything, it wouldn't be the DS. It would be the iPlayer that doesn't support it.

#13 Posted by Mitazaki (1498 posts) -

Not really ment to be talking about that here as it files under flash card. "Any discussion about Flash Cards/Homebrew/Emulators can result in a moderation with a suspension duration and the possibility of a permanent ban".

#14 Posted by eggiebertus (45 posts) -

I'll buy another micro-SD then. One that is not SDHC.

#15 Posted by -Beatz- (2677 posts) -

Yoweeh

Why? Why should it? Homebrew are applications and games made by very small unprofessional development teams (sometimes even one person).

Or, rather, let's ask it the other way. If they make those applications and games, where do you think people should buy them? Do they sell "homebrews" at Wal-Mart? Is making games and giving it out to others illegal? No.

#16 Posted by eggiebertus (45 posts) -

Not really ment to be talking about that here as it files under flash card. "Any discussion about Flash Cards/Homebrew/Emulators can result in a moderation with a suspension duration and the possibility of a permanent ban".

Mitazaki

O no! Is it inevitable, I mean, if they read this tread?

#17 Posted by ACL0V3R (2273 posts) -

eggiebertus

formatt it using panasonic sd formatter before you buy a new one, and since you play music and movies with it, buy an SDHC cuza normal one will fill it up in a matter of seconds, average movie is around 350 mb man.

#18 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

[QUOTE="eggiebertus"]

ACL0V3R

formatt it using panasonic sd formatter before you buy a new one, and since you play music and movies with it, buy an SDHC cuza normal one will fill it up in a matter of seconds, average movie is around 350 mb man.

Oh yeah. I was going to say, try formatting it, but I forgot. Thanks.

#19 Posted by eggiebertus (45 posts) -

Tried the formatting software. Did a full format, but it didn't help. The new micro SD (2gb, I'm afraid) does work though, so it was the fault of the SD. Whether it was because it was HC or Trancend I don't know. Thanks for the help, everyone.

#20 Posted by Mitazaki (1498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

eggiebertus

O no! Is it inevitable, I mean, if they read this tread?

Or instead of been a sarcastic douchebag, you could have just taken it as a friendly warning as alot of these topics get locks and no doubt the TC gets suspended. Plus you are better off asking in forums that deal with this sort of stuff, as you will most likely get the help you are looking for in there.