In the longterm is the 3DS gonna get.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1 thingta42
Member since 2005 • 6123 Posts

More mature and establized third party games? One of the bummers for me with the DS was the lack of for example Soul calibur and God of war style games.I know theres dead or alive, and Resident evil. And some awesome 1st party games. But really i can only support one handeld at a time. And even though im swaying towards the 3DS. Im still undecised which one to get.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

More mature and establized third party games? One of the bummers for me with the DS was the lack of for example Soul calibur and God of war style games.I know theres dead or alive, and Resident evil. And some awesome 1st party games. But really i can only support one handeld at a time. And even though im swaying towards the 3DS. Im still undecised which one to get.

thingta42
i think you know the answer, id go towards the vita i got a feeling your leaning that way anyways
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Nintendo doesn't do gorey games. Thrid parties don't do Nintendo. Thats really the best anwser possible

NJGIANTSNY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NJGIANTSNY
Member since 2011 • 291 Posts

Handhelds for nintendo is a bit different with third parties then there bigger bother the console. I think Nintendo consoles since the SNES has all been junk compared to the others but there handhelds has always been the thing to own. There is games to be found on the 3ds as it caters to everything so if you did get one your choice wouldn't be wrong.

I would get the Vita its just better but don't expect it to sell better just have better games that appeal to a older crowd. Would of gotten the Vita over the 3ds but the 3ds is just out now n its pretty cheap so i just went with it. I'll get the Vita down the road myself later on.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4262 Posts

What? remember Dementium for the DS? Doom for the GBA? What are you guys talking about?

In any case, the list of released for the 3ds is quite short.

Now, I assume there will be a couple of violent games released for the 3DS. Dementium 3, and many others etc.

But have you looked at the IGN list of games to be released? They all have standard dates and the ones that have an actual date are very few.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Nintendo doesn't do gorey games. Thrid parties don't do Nintendo. Thats really the best anwser possible

LaytonsCat

Third parties do make games for Nintendo...Haven't you seen the original DS's lineup?Its like 90% third party. And its actually good.

Gamecube had the best third party support for multiplats out of any Nintendo console ever...and Wii gets bucketloads of third party games unfortunately there all bad.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 thingta42
Member since 2005 • 6123 Posts

Yeah but Ocarina of Time 3DS is suckering my into getting a 3DS :S

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

The 3DS seems to be getting some decent support form 3rd parties, and more mature games as well. I don't know what the difference between Nintendo handhelds and consoles but the handhelds def do better 3rd party wise. There are plenty of 3rd party, and mature, games for DS such as my surpise hit 999

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Not sure why "mature" is better or even desirable... I can understand if you like horror games, but I don't really see any reason to think Vita will do much better in that regard.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

Vickman178

Third parties do make games for Nintendo...Haven't you seen the original DS's lineup?Its like 90% third party. And its actually good.

Why yes they do, though most of them are not what the TC would call "mature". 90% of games on every system are thrid party. On Nintendo systems it tends to be the top 10% are by Nintendo

Gamecube had the best third party support for multiplats out of any Nintendo console ever...and Wii gets bucketloads of third party games unfortunately there all bad.

Just because it was Nintendo's best doesn't make it that good. PS2 libary is unbeatable last gen. Whilst if a game is bad no one wants to play it thus making it irrelevant

Me in red

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

RE: Revelations will be here soon, and there will be other, similarly "mature" games showing up down the road, I suspect. Also:

Not sure why "mature" is better or even desirable... I can understand if you like horror games, but I don't really see any reason to think Vita will do much better in that regard.jedinat

I definitely agree with this.

live-a-live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 live-a-live
Member since 2012 • 196 Posts
3DS game library looks to be better than the PS Vita's... as of now. In the future... I don't think that'll change. As for mature games... 3DS already has them. Resident Evil, fighting games, etc. If you want bloody, monster-eating type games, they are mostly on consoles anyway. PC is a haven for mature games, since they are more liberal by nature. Portable games rarely get "mature" anyway. Developers don't keep the 20-30 year old playing on a handheld in the forefront of their minds much.
NaturalDisplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaturalDisplay
Member since 2010 • 548 Posts

Lets be realistic, the psvita is obviously going to have more 'mature' titles. Right now the 3DS has a pretty stellar lineup but I've seen the psvita's upcoming titles and they looks very promising if you are more interested in mature games.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#14 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Nintendo goes more for the kiddish outlook because their target audiences are parents who buy games for their children.