Im starting to think that the regular 3ds is better than the XL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
Much nicer colors, more portable, probably better graphics due to the smaller screen. What do you think?
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

What do I think? Blog it.

But in all seriousness all hands on say the screen looks just fine, it's much easier to hold, battery life is better and the overall designed is better.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34795 Posts

Bigger screen (that doesn't make games look worse, from what I've heard), better battery, more comfortable to hold = win. Red and blue only = ...why?

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

3DS XL is not suppose to be a "better" model. Its a different option for buyers. Some people like handheld systems but dont necessarily take them out so the 3DS XL is a great stay at home model. The original 3DS is great for people on the go, those who wear skinny jeans, or dont want the bigger screens.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I can't wait to see how big the screens look in person
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

bigger better

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Here's a pretty decent vid that sums it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_cACpl8rMc

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I want to see it for myself.
Avatar image for LightningFlamez
LightningFlamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LightningFlamez
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'd say the normal 3DS is more portable then the 3DS XL

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
I think the XL is way too big. Even if they offered me money to trade in my 3DS for an XL I wouldn't.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I think it looks way too big. I'm happy with the 3DS I have and the battery life hasn't been a problem.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I like my portable systems to be, well, portable. The original wins in my book.

Its3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Its3D
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
My Flame Red 3DS for me, all the way!
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
I loved my DSiXL, but I think the 3DSXL is a no go for me. I've got the Nyko battery in mine, it will probably be a downgrade for the XL in terms of battery life. The colors are awful too. I came to accept my bronze XL's color, but no white or black model is just stupid. My money would be better spent on the AC3:L white Vita instead of buying ANOTHER DS. It will actually come with an charger.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#15 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
It was obvious since it was announced.
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Defy_The_Fallen

My Flame Red 3DS for me, all the way!Its3D

If you mean the 'Metallic Red' one, then I'm with you aswell! ;D

foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

as long as it will enhance the 3d effect, im go

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Yeah, I'm still happy with mine too.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

What do I think? Blog it.

But in all seriousness all hands on say the screen looks just fine, it's much easier to hold, battery life is better and the overall designed is better.

bonesawisready5
People should stop overusing "blog it".This topic, while not that relevant, clearly fits in this forum.
foxrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxrolls
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'm sick of this, everyone flaming the xl just because they are too stubborn to change to a more revised model or simply can't afford it. Yes I know the price of the system stings a bit but if you don't want it don't buy it. Instead of simply slagging it off because your sore from Nintendo asking you to open your wallets again so soon after the release of the original 3ds. Ggrrr!
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Defy_The_Fallen

I'm sick of this, everyone flaming the xl just because they are too stubborn to change to a more revised model or simply can't afford it. Yes I know the price of the system stings a bit but if you don't want it don't buy it. Instead of simply slagging it off because your sore from Nintendo asking you to open your wallets again so soon after the release of the original 3ds. Ggrrr!foxrolls

You think that's what most peoples problems are? I could easily afford it. And me amongst most of the people in this thread aren't 'slagging it off', we're making valid points about how, theoretically, it's not as good as the 3DS. Besides, it's not like they 'revised' the whole design of the handheld, they just rounded the edges and made the screen bigger, and I mean that in the least arrogant way possible because that really is all they've done.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I like it and I'll likely pick one up when a better colour comes. The big screen suits me as I tend to play my 3DS at work or at home so don't need it to be that portable. Better batery is a great too as I find the other one dies far too quickly.

Having said that I'm planning on getting a Wii U and a PS3 soon so it may have to wait. :P

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

What're the REAL battery life of each system, again? For those who've been out there using regularly?

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Ill have to see it for myself first if I'm really gonna get it especially with the screens being that large
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

[QUOTE="foxrolls"]I'm sick of this, everyone flaming the xl just because they are too stubborn to change to a more revised model or simply can't afford it. Yes I know the price of the system stings a bit but if you don't want it don't buy it. Instead of simply slagging it off because your sore from Nintendo asking you to open your wallets again so soon after the release of the original 3ds. Ggrrr!Defy_The_Fallen

You think that's what most peoples problems are? I could easily afford it. And me amongst most of the people in this thread aren't 'slagging it off', we're making valid points about how, theoretically, it's not as good as the 3DS. Besides, it's not like they 'revised' the whole design of the handheld, they just rounded the edges and made the screen bigger, and I mean that in the least arrogant way possible because that really is all they've done.

You said it yourself, it's not a revised model. It's simply another version of the same thing. In this case, there's no point in stating facts here about which are better. It all comes down to personal preference.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

[QUOTE="foxrolls"]I'm sick of this, everyone flaming the xl just because they are too stubborn to change to a more revised model or simply can't afford it. Yes I know the price of the system stings a bit but if you don't want it don't buy it. Instead of simply slagging it off because your sore from Nintendo asking you to open your wallets again so soon after the release of the original 3ds. Ggrrr!thetravman

You said it yourself, it's not a revised model. It's simply another version of the same thing. In this case, there's no point in stating facts here about which are better. It all comes down to personal preference.

Yes, but it is cheap. The biggest gripes about 3ds were the narrow fov and poor battery. Neither have gotten better, supposedly. It also would hardly cost Nintendo much more to improve the battery life, I'm sure. There will be another remodel down the line.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I'm sick of this, everyone flaming the xl just because they are too stubborn to change to a more revised model or simply can't afford it. Yes I know the price of the system stings a bit but if you don't want it don't buy it. Instead of simply slagging it off because your sore from Nintendo asking you to open your wallets again so soon after the release of the original 3ds. Ggrrr!foxrolls
pretty much this. Overall the XL is the better system. Maybe not enough better to warrent and upgrade but still definately better.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
I want to agree with you but the sharp corners on the original are hard to ignore. I can't play Mario kart for no more than 30 minutes.