I'm curious - After playing Nintendoland are your friends buying Wii Us

This topic is locked from further discussion.

michaelarran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 michaelarran
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts

The Wii really took off when people started playing Wii Sports/Play round at friends houses. I can think of at least 4 that were bought after people had a go with ours.

I have read many comments from around the web saying that playing Nintendoland with friends is a real blast, with people spending whole evenings playing the Mario Chase, and Luigi games. If this has been your experience too, have your friends then gone off to buy their own? If so, we could see a similar growth pattern to the Wii, despite the low key marketing efforts.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

OP : After playing Nintendoland are your friends buying Wii U?

------

To answer the question posed as the thread headliner.

No, my friends think Nintendoland is okay. They seem to like 2-3 of the minigames, but don't love them and certainly don't like all of them. I get the impression from my friends that they think it's a novelty and something they can play at my crib. Of course, lately, it hasn't been requested, so I think the novelty is wearing off.

The problem is we have parties/BBQs that last from 4pm to midnight +, and the Wii U tablet only gets playtime for approximately 3 hours before the tablet needs a recharge. So, we play other games like Rockband 3, Singstar, Wii, etc.

The opinions I've got so far from about 30+ people is that it's pretty cool, but not worth the asking price.

That's my experience so far. I have BBQs and things all the time.

gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

one of them bought it literally the day after playing it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I have no friends lol. I only tried local multiplayer once with my gfs 12 year old brother. He wasn't impressed. He'd rather play CoD zombies or Skyrim
guitarist4292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 guitarist4292
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts

I had four of my friends over, so we had some good five-player Nintendo Land action (which is some of the most fun multiplayer gaming I think I've ever done) and a couple of them left with the intentions of gettng one soon... so almost.:P

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Only a few of my friends have Wii U's, the rest either aren't interested or are waiting for the next MS and Sony consoles before they decide on one. From my experience of playing Nintendoland as a guest, I did not go out and buy a Wii U afterwards.. so..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

one of them bought it literally the day after playing it.

gameboy343
Same here. They bought it for Christmas after playing it on mine at a party
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I played Nintendoland with my friends over the break, and while we had fun, they aren't going to ever buy the Wii U - or any console, for that matter. But hey, my friends and I are in our mid-thirties. They are cool with playing it occasionally with me. We had a pretty good time, though.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

nope, the couple friends ive shown nintendo land to dont really play that many games anymore, or dont plan on getting any more consoles to my knowledge. But we had so much fun. So glad I got the wii u. Those 4 hours of fun that one day was just ridiculous. Maybe i should get more friends.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

No Nintendo Land didn't make the same impact as Wii Sport to Wii, overall it was pretty underwhelming. My sister's family came, played it..thought it was ok, they said - "Need more good games" before they will consider buying it. :P

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
I got the Basic bundle. But my friend seeing the Wii U with NSMBU and BLOPS2 convinced him to get one.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I know at least one has, but most just had fun with it and that's all.

tdgameriscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tdgameriscool
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
My friend bought one after I took it to his house. I even took it the day he got it. We left to Fry's came back and boom his dad got him one. Next day he bought more games than me and I had to wait til launch til christmas to get a game.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I had a lot of fun with friends and family members, but the only one interessted in buying it is a cousin. Most friends say something like "I really liked this Mario chase thing, but it doesn't justify buying a WiiU"

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I played a little bit with a friend over the break...if anything it made me happier with my decision to not buy a WiiU. There's some fun stuff in there but nowhere near $350 of fun. Can't wait for a new Zelda though.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Only a couple of friends have tried but the actual selling point was Zombi U. It really hooked both of them. One would be migrating from Wii and the other from a 360. They both enjoyed Nintendo Land but not as much as Zombi U. My 360 friend was so hooked he didn't left the gamepad for hours and only let me play when he was dying too often ;)
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

No. Though all of my friends had nothing but positive things to say about the hardware and Nintendo Land, none of them have gone out and bought one for themselves. I think it's mostly because they can't really afford it in these harsh economic times and they know I'll show them all the awesome Wii U games anyway.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Only one of my friends have played Nintendoland so far. At first, he didn't know what to think of the gamepad, but after playing several missions of the Metroid attraction, he started to understand the idea. I don't think he's considering a purchase, but he left with a good impression.

BombingSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BombingSystems
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

I have yet to try the system in general =/.. but if it ends up getting GTA V and new super smash bros details I will sell all my electronics for a wii U lol