I'm buying a DS Lite today...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

66swing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 66swing
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

And I have enough money for 2-3 games. I've already decided on Phantom Hourglass, but I need two more. Out of this list, which two would you recommend?

Kirby Squeak Squad

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

Sonic Rush

Megaman ZX Advent

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

Pokémon: Diamond Version

Lostmagic

Children of Mana

Wario: Master of Disguise

Reasons why you choose whatever you do would be appreciated. There are some other games I'm considering (like castlevania) but I'm giving them more thought first

And if it matters, I'm a 15 year old guy

Princess_Jill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Princess_Jill
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
Go with Children of Mana :D It's cute
trace5019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 trace5019
Member since 2006 • 236 Posts
you should definitely get one of the two castlevanias and pokemon diamond/pearl is a long lasting game I myself have played for 200+ hours XD. Castlevania has quite a bit to do with some great gameplay dawn of sorrow has soul collecting which is pretty fun and trying to beat portrait of ruin on hard lvl 1 cap is a great challenge.
66swing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 66swing
Oh, I guess I should clear that up. If I do get a castlevania game, it'll be dawn of sorrow.
sneakShaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sneakShaker
Member since 2008 • 316 Posts

1-ace attorny

2-soinc rush

3-pokemon/under the knife 2

Elduque21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Elduque21
Member since 2006 • 985 Posts
Oh, I guess I should clear that up. If I do get a castlevania game, it'll be dawn of sorrow.66swing
Avatar image for HappyGamingNerd
HappyGamingNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 HappyGamingNerd
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

Lostmagic =a solid RPG game with online multiplay

Pokemon Diamond=a very long adventure and many things to do

Buy these,you wont be dissapointed.

66swing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 66swing

Lostmagic =a solid RPG game with online multiplay

Pokemon Diamond=a very long adventure and many things to do

Buy these,you wont be dissapointed.

HappyGamingNerd
Are Lostmagic's graphics a hindrance to the game, or is that just the quality of the videos I've been watching?
Avatar image for HappyGamingNerd
HappyGamingNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 HappyGamingNerd
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts
what does hindrance mean? im fromm finland and im not so good at english :),hehe.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

If you can actually find Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (the first game) then I implore you to get it immediately, as it is very rare and is a very good game.

As for the rest... what they said. If pokemon still interests you then it's definitely worth it

jai_shailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jai_shailer
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Phoenix Wright: AA and Trauma Center: UTK 2 are the best bets. I would buy them.
jai_shailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jai_shailer
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Happy Gaming Ne: "Hindrance" mean a difficulty doing something.
mathwizard13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mathwizard13
Member since 2003 • 188 Posts
Yes Lostmagic's graphics are a hindrance. It's a really fun game though, and if you can get past the lag, you will probably enjoy it.
Purplex777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Purplex777
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts
Cooking Mama... lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
I like the looks of the first 2.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
Pokemon Diamond, Sonic Rush, and Kirby Squeek Squad were my fav out of those games. Get Sonic Rush Adventure rather than Sonic Rush, the Adventure one is better. Also get Kirby Super Star Ultra rather than Kirby Squeek Squad. Ultra is better but it is coming out Christmas time this year. Also rather than pokemon i just reccomend New Super Mario Bros. it's alot a fun.
cmguigamf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cmguigamf2
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

1- Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - very difficult... just don't try to smash your DS on the wall if you keep failing, and failing, and failing :P ...

2 - Pokémon Diamond - it's a very long game. If you still enjoy Pokémon, buy it.

3 - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - definitely a "must-buy" for the DS, especially if you like detective/police series and movies.

dqm363

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dqm363
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

1- Pokemon Diamond

2- Phantom Hourglass

3- If you like Megaman ZX Advent, try the first one then the second, you'll probably understand it better, like I did.

Maybe If you like megaman games try Megaman Star Force 2 : Zerker x Ninja(Or Saurian Your Choice)

Because I really enjoyed MMSF2.

Oh , I had Kirby Squeak Squad and I enjoyed it, yesterday I finnally got 120 treasure chests and i got Kirby Squeak Squad Las Christmas. O_o

Bibiqum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bibiqum
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts

what does hindrance mean? im fromm finland and im not so good at english :),hehe.HappyGamingNerd

1.an impeding, stopping, preventing, or the like. 2.the state of being hindered. 3.a person or thing that hinders.

L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
Pokemon, mario kart, and mario party is a lot of fun too.
Avatar image for TheNotoriousBYC
TheNotoriousBYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheNotoriousBYC
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

My suggestion would be to not get three games if you were considering it, as trying to play three games simultaneously is usually too much of a strain in terms of managing what you play during your gametime (ie you'll play a bit of everything but most likely won't finish any in a long time, if at all). Especially if you're getting a game like phantom hourglass or phoenix wright, which demand a significant amount of attention and can leave you quite lost if you stop in the middle and don't play them for a long time.

That being said, your choice of phantom hourglass, which if i remember correctly was not as long a game as lets say pokemon, but was a significant time investment nonetheless, seems to evoke the following two opinions: one, that unless you're the kind of gamer that plays games rather quickly and for 8+ hours a day, phantom hourglass should be enough to last you approximately 1-2 weeks of dedicated playing time. I'm speaking of course from a high-school student's time schedule, where on average you're most likely to play a max of 4 hours per day, excluding weekends; and two, if you insist on having at least one other game, that you should get one that is of a significantly different type in order to vary the gameplay experience.

What does this mean? This means that if you're getting phantom hourglass, don't get pokemon, phoenix wright, lost magic, or children of mana until you're done with zelda first. Most likely you'll be switching gameplay between your two owned titles back and forth (when you get bored of one you play the other) so having two games that are, from a design standpoint, the same would be an exercise in futility. You already know you want these games; its simply a matter of when you're going to get them, not what.

For the ones that are left, I have no opinion of, except for trauma center. Trauma center is a possible good choice to complement zelda, if you so choose. There is a story, but Trauma Center's episodic narrative is just light enough to not need a heavy investment in its story to thoroughly enjoy. It's akin to watching episodes of house or grey's anatomy or whatever tickles your fancy, in that there is some background involved with the development of characters or so forth, but the main focus is the surgery (maybe not in grey's, i'm a man so i don't watch that show). The gameplay itself is also significantly different, so as long as you're not a wussy gamer, I think you'll like it.

Ultimately, you should avoid the story-heavy games until you're done with Zelda, and if you want to get another game (only one other for now, getting more is just a waste of money), get one that is more action-oriented and designed for short quick bursts of play. That way, you'll have the best of both worlds and have an ultimately more enjoyable gaming experience.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
Pokemon and Trauma Center.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8843 Posts
Oh, I guess I should clear that up. If I do get a castlevania game, it'll be dawn of sorrow.66swing
DOn't buy a ds yet, wait for E3, they might come out with a newer ds design.
66swing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 66swing
Thanks everyone. I'm still not 100% sure which ones I'll pick but this helped a lot. (And as far as new DS models go, I'm very content with the DS Lite)
Vickyteusz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vickyteusz
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
Megaman and Pokemon = cutest combination ever.