IGN on Star Wars Jedi Alliance: If you love Star Wars, you must own this game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Star Wars Jedi Alliance DS

http://ds.ign.com/articles/937/937477p1.html

IGN score: 8/10

The first game from new development subsidiary LucasArts Singapore (housed within Lucasfilm Animation Singapore) is one of the most ambitious and impressive action titles to hit Nintendo's portable all year. With simple, but fun stylus-based controls and amazing production values by DS standards, Jedi Alliance is an entertaining experience through and through and comes highly recommended to fans of the Clone Wars license. That said, any handheld owner looking for a well-made diversion will find a quality selection waiting with this stand-out effort.

The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance is a very well made action game for Nintendo's handheld -- not just for Star Wars fans, but for anybody after a quality portable title.

I have seldom awarded a game a higher overall score than it earned in the 'gameplay' category, but Jedi Alliance is one rare example whose production values actually counterbalance some of the gameplay shortcomings.

Finally, a game actually better than the movie?:P

Anyway, looks good. Some screens:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Jedi Alliance ScreenshotStar Wars: The Clone Wars -- Jedi Alliance Screenshot

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Jedi Alliance ScreenshotStar Wars: The Clone Wars -- Jedi Alliance Screenshot

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Jedi Alliance ScreenshotStar Wars: The Clone Wars -- Jedi Alliance Picture

Hmmm...not bad. Looks cool!

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
looks good
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
I was hoping to pick this game up soon. But I'm cheap, so I'm waiting for the pirce to go down. :P
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FILIPINOMAZTER
BTW,i also heard that the game is using a 2 gigabit(256mb) card so maybe thats the reason why it look so good
Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
looks great. I would be saving money for this game cause im kind of out of money ;)
Luxord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#6 Luxord1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

it was a good game with excellent graphics and a pretty good story however the conrols (almost exclusively the stylus) kinda sucked after a while the boss battles were dissapointing save for the end boss, also the game is SOOOOOO short (only 9 levels) though it will hopefully get a sequel, overall i liked it but felt a little cheated by it.

7.5/10

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FILIPINOMAZTER
this one is better than Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Lightsaber Duels for the wii
pmurph13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pmurph13
Member since 2004 • 2356 Posts
looks goodFILIPINOMAZTER
agreed,btw your sig does not take 5 seconds to read, a second at most, maybe 2 but thats stretching it
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FILIPINOMAZTER
[QUOTE="FILIPINOMAZTER"]looks goodpmurph13
agreed,btw your sig does not take 5 seconds to read, a second at most, maybe 2 but thats stretching it

maybe u are reading it fast
Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts
Had this game once. Played it, thought it was fun, but ended up selling it in the end. Now I regret giving it away and plan on getting back around Christmas. Think I was midway through the game at the time. Combat was simple yet fun, graphics were very impressive for the system and the sound was just as good. I look forward to playing it again.
Luxord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Luxord1
oh it was definitly a fun game just one that will give you carple tunnel
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts
Outside of what the Samurai Jack creator did with animating SW, I've been roundly dissappointed by everything out of Lucas and Co. since "Empire Strikes Back". This came looks to continue that insippid TV show and unforgivable animated theatrical release... bleh.
link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
But it only got like a 3 from NP
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

But it only got like a 3 from NPlink027

A 6.

This game is susprisingly decent. It has outstanding production values and some interesting mini-games going for it, but ultimately its action is a little sub-par. But this is easily the best voice acting on DS. Worth checking out IMO, even if it's no Ninja Gaiden.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

[QUOTE="link027"]But it only got like a 3 from NPWAIW

A 6.

This game is susprisingly decent. It has outstanding production values and some interesting mini-games going for it, but ultimately its action is a little sub-par. But this is easily the best voice acting on DS. Worth checking out IMO, even if it's no Ninja Gaiden.

C'mon... I think that honor goes to "Resident Evil: Deadly Silence".:lol:

I'm on a real WWII jag again after years of avoiding the genre, and even I think I'll pass on BiA for the DS... if you want a somewhat decent take on WWII for your DS get "Call of Duty: World at War"... it'll keep you busy on normal setting, that's for sure!

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FILIPINOMAZTER
[QUOTE="WAIW"]

[QUOTE="link027"]But it only got like a 3 from NPston3henge

A 6.

C'mon... I think that honor goes to "Resident Evil: Deadly Silence".:lol:

I'm on a real WWII jag again after years of avoiding the genre, and even I think I'll pass on BiA for the DS... if you want a somewhat decent take on WWII for your DS get "Call of Duty: World at War"... it'll keep you busy on normal setting, that's for sure!

are u using stylus controls on CODWAW?
kikipunya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kikipunya
I agree with the topic. If you love star wars you must own this game. The graphic is good. Who agree with me?
IrishMallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IrishMallard
Member since 2004 • 6797 Posts
looks goodFILIPINOMAZTER
^I read your sig in under 5 seconds. Game looks sweet.