if they remade mario paint for the wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

id buy it.. i dont play wii anymore but it would be awsome like this

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

somegtalover
you know those things are pretty hard to do and take weeks to be done, right? and i wouldn't buy it, but it would be interesting. electroplankton fans would probably enjoy it.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

somegtalover

I come into this thread thinking you were going to describe how the Wiimote would be an excellent tool for a Mario Paint Wii, able to have maximum freedom as it utilized the motion control of the Wii to create beautiful pictures.

...instead it's about the little music creator. Color me fooled.

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
I come into this thread thinking you were going to describe how the Wiimote would be an excellent tool for a Mario Paint Wii, able to have maximum freedom as it utilized the motion control of the Wii to create beautiful pictures....instead it's about the little music creator. Color me fooled.Khadaj32
Haha, same here.

It would be interesting, but it would have to be a WiiWare title.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I at once, pondered this idea... but I don't think it would work very well unless they revamped it completely. The Wiimote is an awesome pointer device, but is very inaccurate when it comes to precision (or it could just be the human hand), unlike a stable mouse. Anything art related would be horrible to try to implement imo.

Unless they came out with a mouse attachment for the Wii remote, I wouldn't ever see this happening.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'm still waiting for it.

solidwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 solidwarrior2
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

Mario paint was a pointless title in my humble opinion so remaking it for the Wii is pointless

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS

I at once, pondered this idea... but I don't think it would work very well unless they revamped it completely. The Wiimote is an awesome pointer device, but is very inaccurate when it comes to precision (or it could just be the human hand), unlike a stable mouse. Anything art related would be horrible to try to implement imo.

Unless they came out with a mouse attachment for the Wii remote, I wouldn't ever see this happening.

danger_ranger95
touch tablet please :P drawing with a mouse is as awful as drawing with the wiimote.
silverfire675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silverfire675
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

Are you guys insane? They need to remake The Ocarina of time! With updated graphics. but no motion controls pl0x...

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Are you guys insane? They need to remake The Ocarina of time! With updated graphics. but no motion controls pl0x...

silverfire675

No.

silverfire675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silverfire675
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

Khadaj32

No.

Why not? I didn't say change the story or anything...just creativly rethink it for the consoles today. I can see alot of nintendo fanboys protesting right about now.........

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

silverfire675

No.

Why not? I didn't say change the story or anything...just creativly rethink it for the consoles today. I can see alot of nintendo fanboys protesting right about now.........

No remake, Just buy the $10 VC version at the Wii shop.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

silverfire675

No.

first problem with your post: "no motion controls for a wii remake!" second problem: "remake a game that has been ported even more than resident evil 4, and can be bought for $10" no.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

then you can put over 2 billion colors in it and have 15 hours worth of MPC with 50 more sounds

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS

then you can put over 2 billion colors in it and have 15 hours worth of MPC with 50 more sounds

bigM10231

heeeeeeey... you didn't ask to quote me... >.>

not that i care, go on and use it if you think it's sig worthy :P

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

BrunoBRS

touch tablet please :P drawing with a mouse is as awful as drawing with the wiimote.

lol I just got one of these the other day myself... and I must say, having drawn my entire life... it's a little weird to get used to. Not to be cocky, but someone who isn't an artist wouldn't be able to pick it up easily at all.

The only way I could see it working is if they some how created something that was similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ(Wii remote whiteboard marker) Could you imagine using something like this, but with your TV screen? It's precise, and kids would love it!

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
heeeeeeey... you didn't ask to quote me... not that i care, go on and use it if you think it's sig worthy :PBrunoBRS
Hilarious quote though. :lol:
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

danger_ranger95

lol I just got one of these the other day myself... and I must say, having drawn my entire life... it's a little weird to get used to. Not to be cocky, but someone who isn't an artist wouldn't be able to pick it up easily at all.

The only way I could see it working is if they some how created something that was similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ(Wii remote whiteboard marker) Could you imagine using something like this, but with your TV screen? It's precise, and kids would love it!

first, i know touch tablets are even harder than regular drawing (which i suck at, i can barely make a stick figure without making the head wrong :lol: ), but it's easier than using the mouse. not to mention a game that comes with one would be freaking expensive... second, isn't that the guy who makes all kinds of awesome stuff with his wii? i think he made a holographic TV with head-tracking with 2 wiimotes, a sensor bar and glasses O_o
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] touch tablet please :P drawing with a mouse is as awful as drawing with the wiimote.BrunoBRS

first, i know touch tablets are even harder than regular drawing (which i suck at, i can barely make a stick figure without making the head wrong :lol: ), but it's easier than using the mouse. not to mention a game that comes with one would be freaking expensive... second, isn't that the guy who makes all kinds of awesome stuff with his wii? i think he made a holographic TV with head-tracking with 2 wiimotes, a sensor bar and glasses O_o

Yeah, his name is Johnny Chung Lee.... he is the man. If EA wanted Dead Space to succeed, they should've asked this man to join the design team if they wanted to keep it on rails. Would've made it way more interesting imo.

Yeah, my tablet is pretty sweet, and you're right... it would be very expensive. All Nintendo would need to do is create is a pen, a Wiimote holder, and the software. Allowing people to import pictures and being able to manipulate them would be interesting (draw on them, stretch them, etc), scratch the music maker (Wii Music is that), have pictures already loaded so people could color, play connect the dots, etc. Keep it simple... but fun and still a game!!!

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[QUOTE="somegtalover"]

Khadaj32

I come into this thread thinking you were going to describe how the Wiimote would be an excellent tool for a Mario Paint Wii, able to have maximum freedom as it utilized the motion control of the Wii to create beautiful pictures.

...instead it's about the little music creator. Color me fooled.

That's a good idea too. :)

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

danger_ranger95

Yeah, his name is Johnny Chung Lee.... he is the man. If EA wanted Dead Space to succeed, they should've asked this man to join the design team if they wanted to keep it on rails. Would've made it way more interesting imo.

Yeah, my tablet is pretty sweet, and you're right... it would be very expensive. All Nintendo would need to do is create is a pen, a Wiimote holder, and the software. Allowing people to import pictures and being able to manipulate them would be interesting (draw on them, stretch them, etc), scratch the music maker (Wii Music is that), have pictures already loaded so people could collor, play connect the dots, etc. Keep it simple... but fun and still a game!!!

you know, that wouldn't be a bad idea... this johnny should run and try to patent it (or ask a job on nintendo's hardware development team) soon :lol:
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

It would be an interesting WiiWare title.

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
Although this is a pretty good idea, I doubt it would work. Have you tried painting anything on the Photo Channel at all? It's pretty difficult to make a perfect straight line. You would need a mouse or something to make good artwork. As for that music video you linked, it's very hard to do that kind of things unless you have a lot of musical talent and knowledge on how to operate that program. Most of the people who make those songs do it by ear which I can do easily, and even with that gift, it would still take weeks to make an entire song. I also don't think people would be willing to pay $50.00 for a game of just painting. Maybe it could be a WiiWare game for about 1000 points. That's actually not a bad idea.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts

It would be an interesting WiiWare title.

Pixel-Perfect
Gah. Beat me to it. Haha.