This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

What are some ideas you have for SSB for Wii u?

I've had this idea for YEEARS,since i was a teenager actually.

They should make the suits of each character give them different abilities,and the characters vulrenable/resistant to elements.

I.e. Red(i'm not gonna call him "Pokemon Trainer".cause we know he's Red)uses Squirtle,and he's resistant to Bowser's fire breath.

When Link wears his TP suit,he gets the Gale Boomerang.

Mario & Luigi get the FLUDD & the thingy that can suck ghosts respectively.

The characters get different Final Smashes depending on what suit they wear(whenever possible).

#2 Posted by spike6958 (6657 posts) -

I do not agree with the vulnerability/resistances at all. It's a fighting game, not an RPG, everyone should be hurt equally by every other character, adding that sort of thing while interesting on paper, just makes the game unfair and unbalanced, every character should be equal reguardless of what costume they where.

I do however agree with Mario keeping him FLUDD ability and Luigi getting his Poltergust 3000, and is something I myself have suggested many times.

#3 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

This is a tough one, cause the next game needs to do something to keep the series from getting stale, yet it cannot stray too far from what makes the series so great.

• more big levels than SSBB. Melee did a pretty good job
  • If you are going to have a level editor, make it a bit better and more robust than SSBB
  • No clone characters (change ganandorf to something interesting!)
  • Very good online (this game should pioneer their WiiU online into new territory)
  • Tons of unlockables, modes, and options, just as past games
  • Better tournament mode. Kinda sloppy before.

New features

• MAYBE some sort of leveling system? I KNOW I KNOW! But if it was simply for looks or whatever it might be fun. Where you get money (on your profile) for playing, but more money for winning, and more money for beating hard mode and so on. You could use this money to acquire new outfits or accessories for characters (your profile only). I think it would be interesting at least :P
  • New modes like capture the hill, and so on.

I am at a loss here honestly. I think if they do everything I listed it will be amazing and more than justify a sequel, but I feel they need a little something more, and I cannot think of what.

#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I do not agree with the vulnerability/resistances at all. It's a fighting game, not an RPG, everyone should be hurt equally by every other character, adding that sort of thing while interesting on paper, just makes the game unfair and unbalanced, every character should be equal reguardless of what costume they where.

I do however agree with Mario keeping him FLUDD ability and Luigi getting his Poltergust 3000, and is something I myself have suggested many times.

spike6958

Actually it's NOT a regular fghting game,it's more of a party Brawler.

The concept of having items proves you're wrong.

It's not like other fighting games,so it'd be ok.

Add strategy to it,and more variety and fun.

#5 Posted by spike6958 (6657 posts) -

[QUOTE="spike6958"]

GreekGameManiac

Actually it's NOT a regular fghting game,it's more of a party Brawler.

The concept of having items proves you're wrong.

It's not like other fighting games,so it'd be ok.

Add strategy to it,and more variety and fun.

I never said it was a regular fighting game, but a party brawler is still a subgenre of fighters, just like fighters are a subgenre of sport, so it still has to abide by the same basic rules.
Item in Smash Bros work because they only give the player a temporary boost of power, and are available to all. A costume that makes a character immune/resistant to another characters attack is completely different.
If for example Samus wearing her Armor made her immune to Pikachu's attacks, Pikachu could never win that fight, making the game unfair.
All characters should have an equal chance of winning the fight, it should not be down to who's character's attacks are actually able to do damage to there opponent, there would be no strategy because you couldn't do anything to the opponant, and it wouldn't be fun because after a match or two you'd be sick of not been able to even attempt to win and would move onto another game.
The ONLY way your idea would work is if Smash Bros became a Tag Team game, where if you where stuck with Pikachu been unable to damage Samus, you could switch to Mario and continue the fight, but even then it's far from been a good idea, I'm just glad we don't have to worry about it ever making it into Smash Bros, or indeed any game, as most devs have more sense than that.

#6 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
1 major thing i want: for the gameplay to be more like melee, and less like brawl.
Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#7 Posted by darkspineslayer (22396 posts) -
1 major thing i want: for the gameplay to be more like melee, and less like brawl.jeffster85
You know what plays like Melee? Melee.
#8 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
[QUOTE="jeffster85"]1 major thing i want: for the gameplay to be more like melee, and less like brawl.darkspineslayer

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#9 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
Special weapons. I think one problem SSB has is that the gameplay gets repetitive towards the end. What if players could acquire special weapons, but what they had would only be viewable to them. This way players would always be one their toes.
#10 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="jeffster85"]1 major thing i want: for the gameplay to be more like melee, and less like brawl.jeffster85

Lol I hear ya man :P. Though they didn't seem that different to me, it is noticable and I do prefer Melee. Brawl added features, but aside from that, Melee is the better game IMO.

The biggest thing they need to focus on is online being awesome and I still think some sort of leveling/money system (per profile) would be awesome. Not to get skills or anything, but to unlock Link's different color suits, then his different weapons (could be just visual though) like biggoron sword, master sword, Megaton Hammer, different shields, masks, and other cool options to make him look different. THis would obviously extend to everybody, and certain items would cost a lot or be hard to get or whatever. That would be fun :).

#12 Posted by magiciandude (9667 posts) -

• No clone characters (change ganandorf to something interesting!)

NaveedLife

Well Brawl didn't have any true clones like Melee did so it's not really an issue here.

#13 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6834 posts) -

more balanced

some degree of customization for characters could be interesting

a better campaign, make it like melee's adventure mode but better, maybe a short but unique campaign for every character, or atleast the standard guys like mario and link

more of everything else (modes, characters, stages)

also allow us to change the frequency of every item individually. I like having items on but final smashes show up too often

and it should have awesome online

#14 Posted by bionicle_lover (4501 posts) -

I'm hoping for more unique characters. I dont play competetively nor do i pretend to with my friends. In the end, there will probably be only of couple of top tier characters anyway, so i really hope they make some really unique, fun but not too broken characters. I basically play as Donkey Kong, ness and yoshi because they are unique and fun to play as. I also love olimar, the pokemon trainer and those type of characters that are truly unique. I love that they made luigi mroe different than mario and that ike wasnt just a slower version of marth. I dont want to see three variations of fox, and i hope that ganondorf gets his own moveset. I loved marvel vs capcom 2 because they had so many unique characters (yes, many of them sucked) but they were so fun to play as.

#15 Posted by guard12 (2018 posts) -

I think it would be interesting if every character got there own unique storyline for single player. I would also want more larger levels to choose from.

#16 Posted by thetravman (3592 posts) -

Subspace Emissary was an awesome take of a story mode. However the gameplay that went with it was uninspiring to say the least. I don't have a brilliant mind of ideas to remedy the issue but I hope they figure something to spice it up. Just keep the co-op and boss battles.

With a stronger emphasis in the online realm with the WiiU, the series could use a revolution in the online department. I'm talking about multiple playlists, online co-op (in all modes including story), and the tournament mode implemented. The spectator mode was decent, keep that but expand it (show us who is fighting and maybe all who are watching).

Let DLC bring longevity to the game. I'm more inclined towards new characters making an appearance long after the game is released. I trust Sakorai won't release an unfinished game to abuse DLC and patches.

#17 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

I think it would be interesting if every character got there own unique storyline for single player. I would also want more larger levels to choose from.

guard12

Agreed on the larger levels, and I like the story idea. Could be used to obtain alternate costumes and other things for that character and/or gaming world. It can get old doing the same thing just with different characters.

#18 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="jeffster85"]1 major thing i want: for the gameplay to be more like melee, and less like brawl.darkspineslayer

Know what else plays like Melee? Brawl.
#19 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I'd also like to add,they should do something like this on the story mode.

Have each world/stage be like a different Nintendo franchise.

1 stage like TLoZ,one like Metroid,etc.

RPG elements,or a tabletop game,or other features i wouln't mind,as long as they made them fit.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#20 Posted by darkspineslayer (22396 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="jeffster85"]1 major thing i want: for the gameplay to be more like melee, and less like brawl.Michael0134567

Brawl plays differently enough. I enjoy both myself. I just like my game franchises to evolve. If you want to play Melee, you can pull out Melee. Let SSBU evolve the franchise.
#21 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] You know what plays like Melee? Melee.

Brawl plays differently enough. I enjoy both myself. I just like my game franchises to evolve. If you want to play Melee, you can pull out Melee. Let SSBU evolve the franchise.

Doesn't feel all that different to me honestly.
#22 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Know what else plays like Melee? Brawl.Michael0134567

Lol it's slower,easier,and the balloon physics...

#23 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Brawl plays differently enough. I enjoy both myself. I just like my game franchises to evolve. If you want to play Melee, you can pull out Melee. Let SSBU evolve the franchise. GreekGameManiac

basically this. easier is subjective. but the other 2 are exactly what i meant. wayyy too floaty for my taste.
#24 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Brawl plays differently enough. I enjoy both myself. I just like my game franchises to evolve. If you want to play Melee, you can pull out Melee. Let SSBU evolve the franchise. GreekGameManiac

No kidding.
#25 Posted by bionicle_lover (4501 posts) -

I love the floatiness of brawl. I base my whole offense on jumping,dodging and striking mid air. I hope the wiiu version keeps this aspect.

#26 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

They should make the suits of each character give them different abilities,and the characters vulrenable/resistant to elements.

GreekGameManiac

Sounds horrible and unnecessarily complicates things.

#27 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

I love the floatiness of brawl. I base my whole offense on jumping,dodging and striking mid air. I hope the wiiu version keeps this aspect.

bionicle_lover

God I really f*cking hope not. I hated that and the randomness.

#28 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Pffrbt

Sounds horrible and unnecessarily complicates things.

No it doesn't.

It'd be pretty fun.

And use your head - if we can turn the items off,we could just have them wear "neutral suits",or turn their effect off.

Problem solved.:)

#29 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

I just like my game franchises to evolve. If you want to play Melee, you can pull out Melee. Let SSBU evolve the franchise. darkspineslayer

I like my game franchises to not get sh*ttier when they evolve.

#30 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

I want Master Hand to become a power glove.

That is all.

#31 Posted by TheeFuzz (157 posts) -

Im not sure how balanced this would be but as the 5th player (using the gamepad of course) you would be able to control the match. Drop items, activate special events on the stages stuff like that. Give the 5th player a completely unique roll. However, this could be unblanced if not done right.

Additional Characters. Such as Tom Nook, Rayman, Zoruak (Replaces Lucario), Ghirahim, Bowser Jr., Prince Fluff, King K Rool, Ridley, your mii (customizable?)

Remaster characters. EX. Pokemon Trainer; give us additional pokemon to pick from. Luigi; Luigi Mansion moveset. Ganon; Alter him so hes not a Captain Falco Clone.

Online mode must not use VR points. Please take your time on this and make it flawless. Ranks and such as well as a weekly challenges similar to what Halo Reach had.(Not sure if Halo 4 has it.)

#32 Posted by TazmilysHero (25 posts) -
I think they should put in different costumes from the characters games in like they did with Wario for example they could use Zelda's Goddess outfit as well as her Skyloft outfit, for Lucas his normal outfit and his commander outfit and for Pit his normal outfit and his sacred treasure outfit just as some examples. I also think that they should put levels in the adventure mode that are from the games instead as well as more enemies from games other then Mario.
#33 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="TazmilysHero"]I think they should put in different costumes from the characters games in like they did with Wario for example they could use Zelda's Goddess outfit as well as her Skyloft outfit, for Lucas his normal outfit and his commander outfit and for Pit his normal outfit and his sacred treasure outfit just as some examples. I also think that they should put levels in the adventure mode that are from the games instead as well as more enemies from games other then Mario.

Hey, welcome to the forums! Instead of bumping an old thread, you are free to create a new one :). Thanks.