Ideas for a Star Fox Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

immrgoodguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 immrgoodguy
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

Please note that this is my opinions only. Please share yours.

1. Actual four player co-op. Because everyone knows you want to play without having to save Slippy all the time.
  2. Wi-Fi Multiplayer and Co-Op
  3. Nothing like Star Fox Adventures, please.
  4. Ability to play levels in any vehicle you choose.
  5. Motionplus, Wii Speak, Classic Controller, and GC controller support.
  6. Don't 3rd-parties develop again. Let a quality developer like Retro Studios do it.
  7. Falco isn't a Brooklyn gangster, so don't make him sound like one
  8. Give the option to play as multiple characters, even Wolf.
  9. The Aerial Dogfight minigame in WSR plays like a Star Fox game. Use those controls and you're on the way, Nintendo.

Now, if this happens, I'll start whining for F-Zero or Kirby.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
Dude. That sounds like a kick butt Star Fox game. If they took all of your advice right there, they'd have a grade A game for hardcore gamers everywhere.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.

Oh my god. Assault was such a good game. My favorite was wing riding and being able to go on foot, tank, or aircraft.
immrgoodguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 immrgoodguy
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.Crisis_Eye
Oh my god. Assault was such a good game. My favorite was wing riding and being able to go on foot, tank, or aircraft.

Yeah, I never got why people hated the on foot levels.

Gorillanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Gorillanator
Member since 2009 • 867 Posts

I just hope that Starfox Wii will bring Starfox back to its former glory.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Please note that this is my opinions only. Please share yours.

1. Actual four player co-op. Because everyone knows you want to play without having to save Slippy all the time.
  2. Wi-Fi Multiplayer and Co-Op
  3. Nothing like Star Fox Adventures, please.
  4. Ability to play levels in any vehicle you choose.
  5. Motionplus, Wii Speak, Classic Controller, and GC controller support.
  6. Don't 3rd-parties develop again. Let a quality developer like Retro Studios do it.
  7. Falco isn't a Brooklyn gangster, so don't make him sound like one
  8. Give the option to play as multiple characters, even Wolf.
  9. The Aerial Dogfight minigame in WSR plays like a Star Fox game. Use those controls and you're on the way, Nintendo.

Now, if this happens, I'll start whining for F-Zero or Kirby.

immrgoodguy

1,2,3. Yes. But I don't know if local co-op could work so well. Would all four players share a screen or have split-screen? There's always a lot going on in star fox which would make split-screen a lot less appealing.

4. Now how would I play a space level in the tank exactly?

5.No Clas-sic controller, no GC controller. Time to move on into the future, my friend.

6.Sure, why not.

7. How do you know that Falco isn't from Brooklyn?

8. Well that might not makes sense with the story...

9. I haven't played it myself, but I've heard good and bad.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.

best part: get on the arwing, take off, get off the arwing, walk to it's wing, grab the seeker launcher, lock-on your enemy down below, fire. pure awesomeness 8)
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
A Star Fox like Star Fox 64.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

I always preferred the original Star Fox to any other version. Just me, I suppose. Maybe it was the music.

Avatar image for ace_pilot_marek
ace_pilot_marek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ace_pilot_marek
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

Let's see a robust online multiplayer with different kinds of aircraft to chose from like arwing, whatever it is that wolf flies, etc.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.BrunoBRS
Funny thing is Star Fox 64 had a more fun splitscreen than Star Fox Assault. Star Fox has two routes it could go.

The arcady retro route of on rails, arena dogfights, and splitscreen coupled with online play and leaderboards. OR it could open the world to a more free roam epic scale of battle, it could still have some on rails and arena dogfights, and a huge blowout of multiplayer features.

Does Nintendo want to make a retro throwback or a current gen competitor. Its up to them, I just hope EAD Nintendo handles it.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

While I can envision my idea for a the perfect starfox wii game, I think starfox is one of those franchises many people disagree on. Everyone seems to want something different.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
-4 player online co-op (option of 2 people sharing screen, 4 on one is too much) -2 player local co-op -8 vs 8 online -combo of ground and flying missions with ALOT of different vehicles -over the shoulder third person -motion plus support -wii speak -some RPG elements in campaign -good graphics
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

While I can envision my idea for a the perfect starfox wii game, I think starfox is one of those franchises many people disagree on. Everyone seems to want something different.

goblaa

I'd have to agree with that. Was I the only one that actually like Adventures? :?.

Personally, I think they should keep the old formula from Star Fox 64 but add more levels, alternate routes, secrets, etc. Other peoples' suggestions of multiplayer sounds like it would work really well too.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
I would like to see multiplayer...and slippy a better pilot...he could've of learn something from all those years >.>
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
some great ideas, i like ability to choose your character online multiplayer (2 players from 1 wii option also)
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

As I expected most peoples response revolve around either repacking Star Fox 64 which would probably be the worst idea, or simply about just adding online play. Its interesting to see that people are most worried about only multiplayer then game mechanics these days.

I would say either the game should have either serious squad based mechanics, that use the Wiimotes pointer functions to set things up. Like say your in a large scale land and air battle, while piloting the arwing, you got a map where you can send you landmasters to attack targets and your air squadrons as well; you could also use that for ground based combat. In other words, squad based mechanics that has RTS elements; or Fox goes it alone. The gameplay would feature land and air vehicle battles similar to what you find in Rouge Squadron II. On foot, Fox plays like he plays in Brawl, a mix of shooting and stylish hand to hand combat.

Flight controls would be handled using the Wii Remote as a flight stick, with WM+ for extra sensitivity. Landmaster would be controlled via tilt function, and land based combat would be controlled by wiimote +nunchuk, using the IR for aiming. This kind of set up would not work for co-op so that would be out for me. But to satiate peoples thirst for online, I would make a cooperate online mode that has a few objective based missions to achieve where you use arwings, landmasters and on foot gameplay together to accomplish it. Then of course standard competitive multiplayer where you can use aerial machines or landmasters which would be balanced by making the landmasters take more damage for the trade off of arwings speed and manueverability.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17887 Posts
freespace. make it like freespace.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.thedude-

Funny thing is Star Fox 64 had a more fun splitscreen than Star Fox Assault. Star Fox has two routes it could go.

The arcady retro route of on rails, arena dogfights, and splitscreen coupled with online play and leaderboards. OR it could open the world to a more free roam epic scale of battle, it could still have some on rails and arena dogfights, and a huge blowout of multiplayer features.

Does Nintendo want to make a retro throwback or a current gen competitor. Its up to them, I just hope EAD Nintendo handles it.

first, i think assault had a better multiplayer, because it had everything from starfox 64 and much more. a lot more. second, i don't see why not having both linear stages (usually assigned missions involving "get to point A" follow a determined path, not just random pilots flying around, so it's not exactly unrealistic) and free roaming stages (for space battles).
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

32 player online battles like Warhawk/Battlefield

a small separate on rails story mode

4 player co-op missions

Wii speak

i'd be happy

its about time Nintendo tries to make a good online shooter, they've let 8 years go by without ever trying to attract that large market of gaming

since they won't add that to a Metroid Wii (but will for DS apparently) then do it for Fox

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I would like a very strong single player element. Similar to the orginal starfox, but lot's of stages and branching paths. There would be three types of stanges (flight, tank, and infantry).

Flight missions would be on-rails like the old starfox games and be like a dogfight for many bosses. Controls would be wiimote and nunchuck with M+ like a flight stick.

Tank missions (haven't decided yet).

Infantry missions would play sorta like Sin and Punishment.

Throw in a good multiplayer and you're set.

Oh, and stop with the terrible stories and bad voice acting. Let me choose to use wobble voices.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="thedude-"]

*points at assault multiplayer* that, refined, improved, online with at least 8x8 matches. and a long single player mode with varied missions and multiple paths.BrunoBRS

first, i think assault had a better multiplayer, because it had everything from starfox 64 and much more. a lot more. second, i don't see why not having both linear stages (usually assigned missions involving "get to point A" follow a determined path, not just random pilots flying around, so it's not exactly unrealistic) and free roaming stages (for space battles).

Assault may have had more modes, but the SF64 had better physics for its flight and collision, better shooting, and better controls. Assaulthad alot of strange quirks to it and the environments were way too small. In case you did not see the second route Star Fox could go with is a more free roaming onr while also having on rails and arena fights.
Marthman313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Marthman313
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts

The thing is, do the makers want to make another game?

nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts

The controls for Island Flyover in Wii sports Resort are perfect for a control scheme.

Firefly1jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Firefly1jedi
Member since 2006 • 1364 Posts

I say keep it like starfox 64, just longer, more story line, and a splash of starfox adventure play. (I actually liked that game)... but only a splash! :D

Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

A 4 player co-op would be awesome, but how would that work with Starfox? Having four Arwings on one path in the same area would be awkward, and I could see bumping into another player being a problem. There probably is a good on-rails co-op shooter out there, I just haven't found it., so please prove me wrong. :lol:

But back to the point of more starfox ideas. I'd love for Assualt-like gameplay. The Arwing-Foot-Tank levels were amazing, and a lot of fun. I'd love for that to be put with a long, story driven single player experience. Online would be a nice edition too, but they should either do it correctly or not even attempt it at all. I don't want a lag/glitchy online mode.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
I'll just be happy if it's just a remake of starfox 64.
Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

A 4 player co-op would be awesome, but how would that work with Starfox? Having four Arwings on one path in the same area would be awkward, and I could see bumping into another player being a problem. There probably is a good on-rails co-op shooter out there, I just haven't found it., so please prove me wrong. :lol:

But back to the point of more starfox ideas. I'd love for Assualt-like gameplay. The Arwing-Foot-Tank levels were amazing, and a lot of fun. I'd love for that to be put with a long, story driven single player experience. Online would be a nice edition too, but they should either do it correctly or not even attempt it at all. I don't want a lag/glitchy online mode.

Phazon64

I didn't find any of the controls on assault very intutive. especially the on foot controls.

Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

I would want the same kind of game as Starfox 64, because that's what Starfox is all about. Co-op would be fantastic, so would online, without friend codes:o (come on Nintendo you can do it!) It would be the best in terms of controls if u controlled your ship with the nunchuk, aimed your lazer with the wii-mote, shot lazers with B and shot bombs with A.

SuperMarioNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuperMarioNerd
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

Nunchuk
Control Stick-Boost(up), Barrel Roll(left or right), Brake(down)
C Button- Used for "advanced manuevers" in conjunction with the Control Stick: Somersault(Up on Control Stick while holding C), U-Turn (Down while holding C) Z Button- Target Object (to break lock-on, press Z on a non-designated region of space)

Wii Remote
IR Pointer - Manuever Arwing; the Arwing will follow the position of the pointer reticule*
Tilt - Rotates Arwing in respective position (ie, tilting Remote left = Arwing tilting left)
Control Pad- same as Control Stick (but optional)
A Button - Fire laser(s), Hold to charge shot
B Button - Fire bomb
-/+ Button - Pause
1 Button - Decrease Pointer Box (ie, increases sensitivity of box surrounding reticule; that means handling the Arwing is possible with fewer movements)
2 Button - Increase Pointer Box (ie, decreases pointer sensitivty)
*Flight experience can be enhanced with Wii's MotionPlus accessory, forgoing the pointer

With this control scheme, the addition of Clasic Controller and Gamecube Controller seems unnecessary, as both schemes can't quite replicate the intuitive nature and precision of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk combo.

Question to all: Would a mission structure like that of Super Mario Galaxy help? I think this hub structure can allow for variety in the missions/planets.