I want Lightning Returns on the Wii U!

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

FFXIII never caught my interest,but for some reason i really wanna play Lightning Returns.

Why not a Wii U version?

There are a bunch of games they could've brought to the Wii U...

#2 Posted by Nickmanx5 (194 posts) -

so you didnt play 13 or 13-2 but for some reason you want to play the game the no one knows anything about. honestly i hope no one wants to play lighting returns your just supporting squares mediocrity theres a reason only half the people that bought 13 came back for the sequel somebody needs to take lighting out back and shoot her otherwise i see 13-4 in our future because squares trying so hard to create another cloud by forcing this boring character down peoples throats.

#3 Posted by guard12 (2018 posts) -

i actually wouldn't mind it. I enjoyed XIII and thought XIII-2 was alright. A Wii U port isn't impossible but unlikely.

#4 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

I would definitely love to see Lightning Returns on the Wii U. I almost purchased a PS3 just to play Final Fantasy 13-2 but figured with the Wii U coming we would get a mainline entry in the series at some point. Bring back Final Fantasy to a Nintendo console Square!

#5 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

so you didnt play 13 or 13-2 but for some reason you want to play the game the no one knows anything about.Nickmanx5

This. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but seriously, TC, the next time you have a random thought or outburst, do some actual thinking before you make a thread out of it.

#6 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

No mediocre games for Wii U, PLEEEEEEEEZE!

original.jpg

#7 Posted by superbuuman (5910 posts) -

Here's hoping it never strike WiiU. :P

#8 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

superbuuman

^ THIS times a bajillion kazillion

#9 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

soundcellx

^ THIS times a bajillion kazillion

agreed. i want less games! :evil:
#10 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -

original.jpg

soundcellx
How is less games ever a good thing?
#11 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="superbuuman"] agreed. i want less games! :evil:jeffster85

Better to have no games than bad games.

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

original.jpg

meetroid8

No point in having more games if they're bad. It isn't about quantity, it is about quality, which the XIII series only has the bad kind.

#12 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
which the XIII series only has the bad kind.soundcellx
sure. too bad not everyone agrees with that. while they are the best games ever made, they're still pretty good...especially XIII-2.
#13 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"] which the XIII series only has the bad kind.jeffster85
sure. too bad not everyone agrees with that. while they are the best games ever made, they're still pretty good...especially XIII-2.

Actually, they're pretty bad. The thing is, you just have horrendous taste.

#14 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="soundcellx"] which the XIII series only has the bad kind.soundcellx

regardless, a lot of people like them...
#15 Posted by funsohng (29855 posts) -
Bleh. I would rather have good games.
#16 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="jeffster85"] sure. too bad not everyone agrees with that. while they are the best games ever made, they're still pretty good...especially XIII-2.jeffster85

Keep telling yourself that.

Final Fantasy used to be my favorite video game franchise but the XIII series ruined Final Fantasy. Whether Final Fantasy will ever be fixed is very doubtful. They need better talent and they need to go back to the standard traditional Final Fantasy elements instead of the Garbage Fantasy XIII series.

#17 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Final Fantasy used to be my favorite video game franchise but the XIII series ruined Final Fantasy. Whether Final Fantasy will ever be fixed is very doubtful. They need better talent and they need to go back to the standard traditional Final Fantasy elements instead of the Garbage Fantasy XIII series.

have you even played them? both of them? the first i can agree, but they fixed most of the complaints in the second...
#18 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="jeffster85"] regardless, a lot of people like them...jeffster85

have you even played them? both of them? the first i can agree, but they fixed most of the complaints in the second...

the first game is literally a hallway and the second one is over the top ridiculously silly. Also, they did not fix the combat. You still cannot control your entire party directly like in the classics. I hate the XIII series combat. It's terrible. Also, still does not feel like a Final Fantasy game nor seem like an RPG.

I finished the first game and the second one was pretty bad and I couldn't keep playing. I tried.

#19 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -
No point in having more games if they're bad. It isn't about quantity, it is about quality, which the XIII series only has the bad kind.soundcellx
It's silly to say no enjoyment can be had out of those games, and why should other people who do like them be denied the enjoyment of playing them just because you don't like them?
#20 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]No point in having more games if they're bad. It isn't about quantity, it is about quality, which the XIII series only has the bad kind.meetroid8
It's silly to say no enjoyment can be had out of those games, and why should other people who do like them be denied the enjoyment of playing them just because you don't like them?

You are ignorant of the point here. Final fantasy should be made for fans of Final Fantasy. Those who were never into Final Fantasy can go play something else. Final Fantasy should not be dumb-ized for mainstream gamers.

I am confused as to why someone whose username comes from Metroid, one of the very best series ever (despite MOM sucking pretty bad), could like and defend something so inferior as the XIII series. Just imagine if Metroid started being Clone of Duty-ized. Once you change a traditional game series drastically for the worse, you alienate the long time fans and risk your product failing, just like Ninja Gaiden 3 did.

#21 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -
The ONLY way I'd like that game on the WiiU is if Vanille is playable again. Otherwise, they can shove it.
#22 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

original.jpg

meetroid8

Because they don't understand this whole "video games" thing going on.

#23 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

soundcellx

That statement is so wrong.

#24 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

GreekGameManiac

..but oh so right at the same time. If all games were bad then I would not play them. I would watch movies and have other hobbies instead.

#25 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

..but oh so right at the same time. If all games were bad then I would not play them. I would watch movies and have other hobbies instead.

Lol.

Would you?

And btw to any of you who said that"i don't know nothing about the game",i did look up wikipedia and stuff,and the basics got me interested.

Don't be negative.

#26 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

From the looks of it you have about as much taste as someone with no tongue so if it's quite alright we're not going to let you pick anything, ok?

#27 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Jaysonguy

From the looks of it you have about as much taste as someone with no tongue so if it's quite alright we're not going to let you pick anything, ok?

For once,i'll go with Jason.

#28 Posted by nchan (1059 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]No point in having more games if they're bad. It isn't about quantity, it is about quality, which the XIII series only has the bad kind.soundcellx

You are ignorant of the point here. Final fantasy should be made for fans of Final Fantasy. Those who were never into Final Fantasy can go play something else. Final Fantasy should not be dumb-ized for mainstream gamers.

I am confused as to why someone whose username comes from Metroid, one of the very best series ever (despite MOM sucking pretty bad), could like and defend something so inferior as the XIII series. Just imagine if Metroid started being Clone of Duty-ized. Once you change a traditional game series drastically for the worse, you alienate the long time fans and risk your product failing, just like Ninja Gaiden 3 did.

Hey, now, MOM did not suck. I beat it twice. It is not the best Metroid game, but it's a great game nevertheless.
#29 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

GreekGameManiac

For once,i'll go with Jason.

you are the ones who like Garbage Hallway XIII so obviously it is you and not i who have bad taste.

*inserts obligatory 'touche'*

(yes, i just touched myself)

#30 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

soundcellx

The great thing about gaming is that the audience for games is huge. It sucks you didn't enjoy Final Fantasy XIII, but a lot of people do. It's silly to say that you're glad a game won't come to a console because you personally don't like it -- the Wii U wasn't designed only for you. It was designed for a variety of players.

The new game will probably provide value to players who enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. It's great it's there for them.

#31 Posted by blueydwlf (385 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Haziqonfire

The great thing about gaming is that the audience for games is huge. It sucks you didn't enjoy Final Fantasy XIII, but a lot of people do. It's silly to say that you're glad a game won't come to a console because you personally don't like it -- the Wii U wasn't designed only for you. It was designed for a variety of players.

The new game will probably provide value to players who enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. It's great it's there for them.

Exactly. Different spokes for different folks.
#32 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Haziqonfire

Wrong, wrong, wrong!
Final Fantasy should be made for Final Fantasy fans, not made for Clone of Duty players. You do not suddenlychange your formula to appeal to people who do not like Final Fantasy in order to try to get new people, and this is while spitting on true Final Fantasy fans, and not the new casual gamers who play Garbage of Duty and Garbage Hallway XIII.

Know what, you need to get your hallways out of my video games.

#33 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]No point in having more games if they're bad. It isn't about quantity, it is about quality, which the XIII series only has the bad kind.soundcellx

What does any of that have to do with it being released on the WiiU?
#34 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Wrong, wrong, wrong!
Final Fantasy should be made for Final Fantasy fans, not made for Clone of Duty players. You do not suddenlychange your formula to appeal to people who do not like Final Fantasy in order to try to get new people, and this is while spitting on true Final Fantasy fans, and not the new casual gamers who play Garbage of Duty and Garbage Hallway XIII.

Know what, you need to get your hallways out of my video games.

You're like one of the most casual gamers here.

While you fit Nintendo's demographic to a T you really shouldn't be giving out gaming advice to more seasoned gamers.

It's not that your taste is bad (it is) you just don't know enough about the franchises to properly advise someone on them.

#35 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

What does any of that have to do with it being released on the WiiU?meetroid8

Horrible games should not be made for the Wii U, that's what.

You're like one of the most casual gamers here.

While you fit Nintendo's demographic to a T you really shouldn't be giving out gaming advice to more seasoned gamers.

It's not that your taste is bad (it is) you just don't know enough about the franchises to properly advise someone on them.

Jaysonguy

You call me casual and comment on my tastes, when you do not even know what games I like. I have been gaming for almost 25 years, kiddo. Grew up on hardcore NES games and the like, so neither am I casual nor do I really fit into Nintendo's demographic.

#36 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
nor do I really fit into Nintendo's demographicsoundcellx
so why do you care about what games are on the wii u then? :?
#37 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]nor do I really fit into Nintendo's demographicjeffster85

Because I have a Wii U deluxe pre-ordered through Best Buy.

What I want:

Super Mario RPG2

Yoshi's Island 3

Mario 64-2

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire 2

Legend of Zelda (no motion controls; not linear and crappy like Linear Casual Sword)

Metroid Prime 4
Donkey Kong Country 4 (not crappy DKCR)
Eternal Darkness 2

yeah, those are my top picks

#38 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]nor do I really fit into Nintendo's demographicsoundcellx

What I want:

Super Mario RPG2

Yoshi's Island 3

Mario 64-2

Legend of Zelda (no motion controls; not linear and crappy like Linear Casual Sword)

Metroid Prime 4
Eternal Darkness 2

you bought a system, for a list of games that you're simply HOPING come out on it? :? but many don't stand a chance??? sounds smart...
#39 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="jeffster85"] so why do you care about what games are on the wii u then? :?jeffster85

What I want:

Super Mario RPG2

Yoshi's Island 3

Mario 64-2

Metroid Prime 4
Eternal Darkness 2

you bought a system, for a list of games that you're simply HOPING come out on it? :? but many don't stand a chance??? sounds smart...

I simply stated what I wish would happen and never said I thought most of those would happen.
Anyway, Nintendo has always been my favorite since they are pretty consistent with making the funnest games of the highest quality and they do not focus on garbage casual shooties.
I do hope a ton of JRPGs appear on this console, but only good to great ones, not monkey crap like the XIII series.

#40 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

What I want:

Super Mario RPG2

Yoshi's Island 3

Mario 64-2

Metroid Prime 4
Eternal Darkness 2

soundcellx

I simply stated what I wish would happen and never said I thought most of those would happen.
Anyway, Nintendo has always been my favorite since they are pretty consistent with making the funnest games of the highest quality and they do not focus on garbage casual shooties.
I do hope a ton of JRPGs appear on this console, but only good to great ones, not monkey crap like the XIII series.

so what games that you know of, are you looking forward to? :?
#41 Posted by tocool340 (21117 posts) -
Only if it was packed in with the rest of the XIII iterations. No way I'll get it since I never played the previous versions of the game...
#42 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

so what games that you know of, are you looking forward to? :?jeffster85

Metroid Wii U

Zelda Wii U

3D Mario Wii U

Monster Hunter Ultimate

Donkey Kong Wii U

At launch I am getting NSMBu, even though it looks like a terrible bland rehash reca$h, since there's nothing else to buy at launch, and well, I need something. Oh and I am selling or trading in Nintendoland that comes with the Deluxe since I don't play casual stupid party games.

#43 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"]so what games that you know of, are you looking forward to? :?soundcellx

Metroid Wii U

Zelda Wii U

3D Mario Wii U

Monster Hunter Ultimate

Donkey Kong Wii U

At launch I am getting NSMBu, even though it looks like a terrible bland rehash reca$h, since there's nothing else to buy at launch, and well, I need something. Oh and I am selling or trading in Nintendoland that comes with the Deluxe since I don't play casual stupid party games.

only one of those that's even announceed is Monster hunter. and i believe you said somewhere before that you didn't like the SMG games. so again i ask, why are you buying it?
#44 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="jeffster85"]so what games that you know of, are you looking forward to? :?jeffster85

Metroid Wii U

Zelda Wii U

3D Mario Wii U

Monster Hunter Ultimate

Donkey Kong Wii U

only one of those that's even announceed is Monster hunter. and i believe you said somewhere before that you didn't like the SMG games. so again i ask, why are you buying it?

Metroid, 3D Mario and Zelda are pretty much 100% confirmed though. Yes, there was no Metroid for N64, but there is going to be a Metroid game fo sho.

3D Mario =/= Galaxy

Nintendo has not said anything about a Galaxy 3 or what the next 3D Mario would be.

I am buying a Nintendo Wii U because I do not want to stand out in the freezing rain and snow at 3am, if I want it in the first two years. Also, Nintendo makes the best funnest games, which is the answer to why I am buying it. Nintendo has always been and always will be the best. And I have been enjoying the hell out of my 3DS.

#45 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Better to have no games than bad games.soundcellx

People really should've stopped arguing with this guy after he gave us this gem.

#46 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

Metroid Wii U

Zelda Wii U

3D Mario Wii U

Monster Hunter Ultimate

Donkey Kong Wii U

soundcellx

Metroid, 3D Mario and Zelda are pretty much 100% confirmed though. Yes, there was no Metroid for N64, but there is going to be a Metroid game fo sho.

3D Mario =/= Galaxy

Nintendo has not said anything about a Galaxy 3 or what the next 3D Mario would be.

I am buying a Nintendo Wii U because I do not want to stand out in the freezing rain and snow at 3am, if I want it in the first two years. Also, Nintendo makes the best funnest games, which is the answer to why I am buying it. Nintendo has always been and always will be the best. And I have been enjoying the hell out of my 3DS.

metroid: you said you didn't like other m. how do you know it wont be more like that? 3d mario: they didn't have a 3d mario (by your definition) all this gen. don't expect anything all that diferent. zelda, i'll give you. but expect it to change. in a good or bad, is up in the air.
#47 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]Better to have no games than bad games.1PMrFister

People really should've stopped arguing with this guy after he gave us this gem.

its entertaining, and i'm bored at work. so why not? :P
#48 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]Better to have no games than bad games.1PMrFister

It's not so much arguing

It's that someone like him who doesn't understand all of this is simply adorable to hear speak about it.

#49 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

metroid: you said you didn't like other m. how do you know it wont be more like that? 3d mario: they didn't have a 3d mario (by your definition) all this gen. don't expect anything all that diferent. zelda, i'll give you. but expect it to change. in a good or bad, is up in the air.jeffster85

Metroid Other M was a flop, critically and sales wise. Nintendo will not go that route again. Third perspective will be fine as long as the gameplay is good this time. I cannot play MOM, not because of the story or anything like that, but because the controls are super wonky and weird. I cannot get used to them for the life of me.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are both Mario games on a 3D plane. How are they not 3D games. You misunderstood context. 3D Mario games do not have to be Galaxy, end of story. Is Super Mario 64 a Galaxy game? Is Mario Sunshine a Galaxy game?

#50 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"]metroid: you said you didn't like other m. how do you know it wont be more like that? 3d mario: they didn't have a 3d mario (by your definition) all this gen. don't expect anything all that diferent. zelda, i'll give you. but expect it to change. in a good or bad, is up in the air.soundcellx

Metroid Other M was a flop, critically and sales wise. Nintendo will not go that route again. Third perspective will be fine as long as the gameplay is good this time. I cannot play MOM, not because of the story or anything like that, but because the controls are super wonky and weird. I cannot get used to them for the life of me.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are both Mario games on a 3D plane. How are they not 3D games. You misunderstood context. 3D Mario games do not have to be Galaxy, end of story. Is Super Mario 64 a Galaxy game? Is Mario Sunshine a Galaxy game?

are you arguing your own stances now? thats pretty much what it sounds like :lol: