I want DS on my TV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wiiplay1 (623 posts) -
Is Nintendo ever going to release something where you can connect your ds to the tv?
#2 Posted by SHACKR (1226 posts) -
probably not. the pixels will disort
#3 Posted by silentmage_245 (378 posts) -
Actually, I think there is. But its only for like game conventions, not for home. At some games convention, the DS is somehow connect to 2 TVs (one for the top screen, one for the bottom screen). If it is possible to connect the DS to your home TV, I think that it will be very inconvenient.
#4 Posted by citrus_oranges (903 posts) -
^^^ good point
#5 Posted by air_wolf_cubed (10233 posts) -
there's really no point unless your not using the touch screen or mic
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
#6 Posted by SmashBrosLegend (11344 posts) -
That would be very difficult to implement for a varietly of reasons. First, you have the touch screen, the fact that there are two DS screens, and the fact that the DS contains a microphone. You'd pretty much have to link the DS to the Wii and actually use the DS itself as a controller, but the fact that there are two screens compared to one on the TV would present a problem.
#7 Posted by bloodling (5822 posts) -
Buy a wii then. Or a touch screen TV.
#8 Posted by TheIndianChild (1731 posts) -

Buy a wii then. Or a touch screen TV.bloodling

lol :lol: touch screen tv

#9 Posted by silentmage_245 (378 posts) -

Oh no no no! I think some of you people might have misunderstood. What he means, literally, is that he wants to play the DS with its screen 'projected' or connected onto a TV screen.

He is STILL playing the game while looking at the DS screen. The 'projected' screen is for other people to enjoy and watch you play. Therefore, other people no need to squeeze around you to see you play.

That's why they did this at game conventions or it will be a disaster.

#10 Posted by Tailscoolio (443 posts) -

It is a good idea, if Nintendo found out about it they might consider it.

Apparently nintendo are trying to implement their product in more widely used ways, i'd rather watch someone playing on a DS than watch whatever's on the T.V.

#11 Posted by emerald101 (253 posts) -
There is a high chance that it could never happen, the pixels would go wrong.
#12 Posted by joeychew (4580 posts) -
what is the point? graphics will look really poor on a large TV anyway. It is best to play it on DS screen.
#13 Posted by BurnoutAddict (1373 posts) -
No. GameSpot had a hard time just getting their's. Not a chance in hell a normal person could get their hands on one.
#14 Posted by JAB991 (6077 posts) -
Using the touch screen requires too much focus and wouldn't be replicated well onto a television.
#15 Posted by Needles-Kane (2040 posts) -

Oh no no no! I think some of you people might have misunderstood. What he means, literally, is that he wants to play the DS with its screen 'projected' or connected onto a TV screen.

He is STILL playing the game while looking at the DS screen. The 'projected' screen is for other people to enjoy and watch you play. Therefore, other people no need to squeeze around you to see you play.

That's why they did this at game conventions or it will be a disaster.

silentmage_245

I doubt they would make an accessory just so people could watch you play- but that is just me. PSP's TV out is awesome (only thing I respect about the system) but for DS it is not worth it.

#16 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8399 posts) -
They did it for the GBA, so it's possible.
#17 Posted by silentmage_245 (378 posts) -

The graphics wouldn't disort. I seen it in game conventions. They look nice.

Its the 3rd/4th time I said "Games Convention" now.

See this below?

DS on TV

#18 Posted by lunar_aeon (182 posts) -

Apparently nintendo are trying to implement their product in more widely used ways, i'd rather watch someone playing on a DS than watch whatever's on the T.V.

Tailscoolio

Do you really think that no one in Nintendo has already thought about it? As it's been said numerous times already, they have a method that will allow them to show off their DS games.

#19 Posted by Hells_Hammer (972 posts) -

I saw a Dev. kit on ebay a few years ago that seemed to be exactly what you're describing. It went for a few thousand dollars.

It seems unlikely, but Nintendo has done it twice before!

#20 Posted by Kupkake1208 (46 posts) -
It could work, they could hookup some crazy thing on the bottom of the wii like the gameboy player thingy 4 the 'cube, but the pixles would be beast.
#21 Posted by Nachician (212 posts) -

Tailscoolio

How do you know Nintendo is going to consider the idea?