I want a Mario vs Donkey Kong game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

Mario's and Donkey Kong's first came to be back in the 80's in a arcade game titled Donkey Kong. I would love to see them battle it out again. Even tho Donkey Kong is considered a "good guy" in todays gaming world i think Nintendo could still make it work. Bowser has failed time and time again to successfully capture the princess. What if Bowser had Kamek use his magic to take controll of the Kongs and sends them to kidnap the princess. Mario would then have to chase the Kongs back to their home islands where Mario would have to defeat the Kongs, Kamek, break the spell the kongs are under, and defeat Bowser?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@Black96Z: Nintendo has revisited the ideas from Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. with Mario VS. DK: March of the Minis and its sequels. And they seem to be revisiting the concept again with Super Mario Odyssey, featuring New Donk City with Donkey Kong and Pauline.

It would be cool to see more Mario games with different villains. Bowser has helmed most of the boss battles. There were a few others - Tatunga, Wart, DK, and even Wario to name a few. I don't know why they haven't made any main-series games that feature any of them as the antagonist again.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I liked Mario vs. Donkey Kong on GBA. I am not a big fan of the bigger focus on the minis in the games since then.