I need a game...and a case.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Pandamar
Member since 2006 • 732 Posts

I posted this in the recommendation thread, but it was pretty much ignored, so I'm asking here.

All of the games I have for my DS are pretty simplistic. Fun, but simplistic. I'm looking for a game I can really sink my teeth into. I was thinking about Final Fantasy III, but I've read that it's story is a joke and the frequency of random battles is absurd. What do you guys think about it? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Also, I want to get some sort of travel case. Nothing too extravagant, just something to keep my DS in as well as a few games. What do you recommend?

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
If you want a game with depth that isn't simplistic (in fact this one is very challenging) I would reccomend Mario vs. DK 2. But look at the videos, screenshots, and reviews before you get it. It isn't your typical Mario game.
Dark_Eagle80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dark_Eagle80
Member since 2005 • 3517 Posts

For a game case you can get the Intec DS Lite Pro Gamers Kit, that is if you havea DS Lite:

It contains accessories that will protect your DS and games, as well as accessories for traveling.

For DS games: NSMB, Pokemon, or the Castlevania's

masterjojo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 masterjojo3
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts
Advanced Wars. Great Game. Takes time and thought.
the_belly8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 the_belly8
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I would strongly recommend Etrian Odyssey. however, it's not for everyone. there's definatley a differnent feel to it than most games,but to me its addictive and fun.Some people are just annoyed.. However, i'm fifteen (not very old-school)and i just picked it up and i'm loving it. To me it seems like it depends on what you value in a game (story, graphics, gameplay). Definately checkout screens/reviews/videos before you buy though.

hector_belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hector_belmont
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

I have this case http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5244795

games: pokemon diamond

castlevania potrait of ruin

final fantasy (excellent game)

seifervii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 seifervii
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
Second the recommendation on Etrian Odyssey. I'm halfway through it and I'm loving it. On the case check out the cool NERF Armor for the DS Lite. I have an orange one.
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
I'd recommend Bleach2. If you do get it I'd suggest printing up the walkthru by sixfortyfive over on the review pages. It helps alot with menus and stuff but mostly is invaluable for the story mode and the map of what is going on and what to do next. Also really good arcade mode and versus mode where you choose your characters and play against the AI. For a case maybe check out the G-pack organizer. I see them on amazon for 12.99 right now under DS accesories. ---To get free shipping with amazon you have to get $25 or more worth of stuff. One way you could do this if you were to get the organizer i mentioned would be to add one of the games they have marked down right now to 14.99. Resident Evil and Viewtiful Joe are a couple of pretty good ones but i think the best 14.99 game they have right now is Sonic Rush.
CLAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CLAB
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Definetly advance wars great strategy game with a lot fo depth and a lot of content you can spend hundreds of hours ont that thing but if you don't like turn baed strategy. Then i'd go with Etrian odessy it's really hard yet addictive but like a few people said it's not for everyone and you could be wasting your time there but give it a try anyway.

Final fantasy 3 is not as bad as it seems you should also give that a try it's actually a very good game

edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
Lost magic or Advance wars
Avatar image for menciawatcher25
menciawatcher25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 menciawatcher25
Member since 2006 • 730 Posts
for a case i got this case at walmart for 5 dollars and it holds your ds has an atached cleaning cloth and cana hold quite a few games just look for the 5 dollar price tag!! for games get pokemmon pearl too many ppl already have pokemon diamond already !!!!!!!! and get final fantsy 3 and resident evil ds !!!!!!!!
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Pokemon and FFIII are good games.
AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 AsakuraHao2004
Member since 2004 • 8186 Posts
Diamond/Pearl and maybe that NERF case..