I just bought Metroid Prime: Hunters....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hawkorn17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hawkorn17
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?
emilioacosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 emilioacosta
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts

do you recommend it ?i have the Prime Trilogy, and i dont know, i think im done with the prime series.. i recently bought a DS, so im looking for games, but i dont know about this one, i prefer Metroid prime pinball, just for the fun...tell me your experience
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?hawkorn17

My first DS game. And apparently, it's may favourite. Yes, there are loads of people still playing online.Have fun

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts
This thread has also reassured me. I've heard mixed reactions about it, but I've wanted it before I even got my DS. So it's worth the $27 (US) in your opinions?
hawkorn17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hawkorn17
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I bought mine on ebay for $9....you should check that out if you don't mind playing a used game.:D
korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 korino55

$9? Lucky. I'll check it out

I bought mine on ebay for $9....you should check that out if you don't mind playing a used game.:Dhawkorn17

GreatSlayer980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 GreatSlayer980
Member since 2008 • 147 Posts
...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?hawkorn17
People do play online though there are alot of cheaters.
korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 korino55
Dang. How do they cheat?
[QUOTE="hawkorn17"]...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?GreatSlayer980

greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts
I felt the story was pretty weak but the online play is great and it's still used.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The single player isn't even close to touching to quality of a true Metroid game,but the online multiplayer makes the package worth it.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GANGSTASAN

Dang. How do they cheat?[QUOTE="GreatSlayer980"][QUOTE="hawkorn17"]...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?korino55

Stupid, damn annoying, somewhat ruining fricken 'Action Replay!' Stupid thing I hate people who use and made it.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="korino55"]Dang. How do they cheat?[QUOTE="GreatSlayer980"][QUOTE="hawkorn17"]...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?GANGSTASAN

Stupid, damn annoying, somewhat ruining fricken 'Action Replay!' Stupid thing I hate people who use and made it.

That, and along with the fact that people take advantage of glitches that are in the place where you fight. For example, there is a way to go inside the wall and fire at the opponent, who can't hit you because you're inside the wall.
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts
I like the online mode a lot, but there are a lot of cheaters >_> ~ de arimasu
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
The single player is incredibly weak IMO and there are a lot of cheaters online.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
It took forever for me to find online matches when I tried...but I just play against bots so it doesn't matter.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GANGSTASAN
[QUOTE="GANGSTASAN"]

[QUOTE="korino55"]Dang. How do they cheat?[QUOTE="GreatSlayer980"][QUOTE="hawkorn17"]...Was this a good idea? Do people still play online in this game?hydralisk86

That, and along with the fact that people take advantage of glitches that are in the place where you fight. For example, there is a way to go inside the wall and fire at the opponent, who can't hit you because you're inside the wall.

Yeah. Damn people always do it in the first mapl. I still manage to kill them once, ten go up the level's platforms, and wait. And I end up winning- A boring match

It took forever for me to find online matches when I tried...but I just play against bots so it doesn't matter.podliver

Thanks for mentioning that. The BOTS in this game are great. You can play any game mode with them, and it can be quite challenging if you ramp up the difficulty. The bots are better than the actual wifi because of this

ushotdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ushotdead
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts
whenever i play online i always get massacered :(and i thought the single player was pretty good
Avatar image for HappyGamingNerd
HappyGamingNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 HappyGamingNerd
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with the single player, its not "pretty good" or "quite descent" I think its great! awesome! ,and yes there are alot of stupid hackers,ive had some good online battles with real players...but 60% its hackers and 40% its REAL players.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I just bought it and think it's decent. I'm going to return it though. I have better ways to spend $30. I think a lot of thought was put into the controls, but they still don't feel precise.
guitarfreak846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 guitarfreak846
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

Great Game!

I bought it when it released and it has to be the most played DS game of mine. The single player is fun, great action, barely any story. Seems like a very toned-down MP game. But the multiplayer kept me off Halo 2 (halo 3 wasn' released at the time, neither was Gears of War) for months!

But now a stupid thing call Action Replay came out and I would say half the people that stillplay are using it...

Meet some people online who have the game and exchange FCs and play in friends mode where you have more options

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
What ever you do do not go online!!! Just play normal mulitiplayer with bots it is so much better in so many ways.
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I just bought it and think it's decent. I'm going to return it though. I have better ways to spend $30. I think a lot of thought was put into the controls, but they still don't feel precise. Lyphe2k

Why don't you go to the options and tweak the controls a little.

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
I spent almost 50 dollars on it and I hate it -_-
bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#25 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts

do you recommend it ?i have the Prime Trilogy, and i dont know, i think im done with the prime series.. i recently bought a DS, so im looking for games, but i dont know about this one, i prefer Metroid prime pinball, just for the fun...tell me your experienceemilioacosta

After playing the Prime trilogy, chances are you'll be disappointed. The single player is really unimpressive; you'll visit the same locales multiple times, and fight the same bosses over and over. The multiplayer isn't much better, because WiFi is full of hackers. It's a decent game, I guess, but can't really live up to the high standards set by the Prime trilogy. I say you're better of playing Fusion and Zero Mission on the GBA.

get-some-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 get-some-pie
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
The single player isn't even close to touching to quality of a true Metroid game,but the online multiplayer makes the package worth it.VGobbsesser
Almost exactly what I was going to say. It is worth it, although the single player is below meh.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I just bought it and think it's decent. I'm going to return it though. I have better ways to spend $30. I think a lot of thought was put into the controls, but they still don't feel precise. darkmark91

Why don't you go to the options and tweak the controls a little.

Actually I played the game again and I found the controls a little better this time. There's something about them that feels cool. But the game cost me $30 and I didn't feel like it was worth the price tag. The story is almost as dull as the enviornments are. Not my type of game, sorry. I returned it today and instead bought Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Golden sun which I feel much happier with.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Single player was really short, but the online is really cool, although there are a decent amount of hackers, as well as a decent amount of people who use glitches (like the floor one in Combat Hall) to their advantage. But I personally still find it worth it.