I have a question about Dragon Quest 9 *Spoilers*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

So basically i want to try out the Paladin character class for DQ 9, however, i am worried about how to go about using that class. My main guy is a Minstrel, so should i change him to Paladin? Or is it not worth it? If i change the guy from Minstrel to Paladin, what should I do to not lose any advantages?

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

So basically i want to try out the Paladin character class for DQ 9, however, i am worried about how to go about using that class. My main guy is a Minstrel, so should i change him to Paladin? Or is it not worth it? If i change the guy from Minstrel to Paladin, what should I do to not lose any advantages?

hydralisk86

Im not sure. I recently beat the game, but was too scared to change my character class. I might still do it, as there are a ton of sidequests that I still need to do. Best place to get your answer is on gamefaqs.com. They have a forum that is still relatively active. Ask your question over there and you should get a response.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

If you don't like it, you can ALWAYS change back and don't lose anything. You're SUPPOSED to keep switching classes once you hit the Abby. In order to finisih (in the most painless way possible) you need to get a lot of the skills. Paladin is my favorite.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86

If you don't like it, you can ALWAYS change back and don't lose anything. You're SUPPOSED to keep switching classes once you hit the Abby. In order to finisih (in the most painless way possible) you need to get a lot of the skills. Paladin is my favorite.

Detroit222
Is it useful to train a Minstrel and then change him into a Paladin? Or are the skills covered by both overlapping?
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
They only downside is that the new class is at level one and you'll need to grind him back up to a usable level. It wont be that hard if you're farther in the game. Don't worry about swapping classes, you can swap back anytime.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hydralisk86
They only downside is that the new class is at level one and you'll need to grind him back up to a usable level. It wont be that hard if you're farther in the game. Don't worry about swapping classes, you can swap back anytime.Will47
I'm worried about how characters will work out depending on what combination of job classes there are. Like, I'm worried about changing a Minstrel to a Paladin, because they use different weapons and a character change that way would be bad. i want to know what character classes are good with the Paladin class when i change.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Is it OK to make my Priest also a Paladin, since they use some of the same weapons?