I have a bit of a problem haha....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deadlycolour
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts

I guess this isn't completely about the DS but it is somewhat. I love RPGs but some of them i just can't finish, like FF9 i just stopped playing it all of a sudden although i loved the game (one of the best of all time :P),FF10 where i'm at the Via Purifico part and i just stopped playing it (I'm thinking about getting right back into it though, and I still play blitzball on it too everynow and then and this game is also another best of all time :P) and even Super Mario RPG for SNES ( I got near the end and just quit playing it....another very awesome game and one of the best of all time hahaha).

Now I'm playing FF4 for the DS and I'm loving it but I'm afraid It's going to end up collecting dust before i beat it (Another one of the best games of all time....I should make a list...but it would be too long :P)I guess this topic is sorta of pointless but whatever. I love FF and Square Enix but i have not finished a FF game in my life yet:P... I havent played many but still its pretty bad. I'd like to hear people 's responses. Thanks

P.S hurry cuz this topic will probably get locked cuz its sorta pointless haha

bano123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bano123
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts
OMG, me too! LOL, I played FF7 like ten times and could never finish it, maybe it was beacuse i would misplace my memory card whenever I went to a friend's house..
deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deadlycolour

OMG, me too! LOL, I played FF7 like ten times and could never finish it, maybe it was beacuse i would misplace my memory card whenever I went to a friend's house..bano123

haha i love FF7 (even though i never played the game (played a demo) i know the whole story and i own the FF7 Advent Children which happens after FF7) Ive heard its a very long game so i dont blame ya for not being able to finish it...well playin it ten times well.... im not like a massive gamer... im like in between hardcore and casual....ya thats a problem with me....if my data gets erased or i loose my memory card....it just pisses me off and then i dont play the game for a while

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deadlycolour

I guess this isn't completely about the DS but it is somewhat. I love RPGs but some of them i just can't finish, like FF9 i just stopped playing it all of a sudden although i loved the game (one of the best of all time :P),FF10 where i'm at the Via Purifico part and i just stopped playing it (I'm thinking about getting right back into it though, and I still play blitzball on it too everynow and then and this game is also another best of all time :P) and even Super Mario RPG for SNES ( I got near the end and just quit playing it....another very awesome game and one of the best of all time hahaha).

Now I'm playing FF4 for the DS and I'm loving it but I'm afraid It's going to end up collecting dust before i beat it (Another one of the best games of all time....I should make a list...but it would be too long :P)I guess this topic is sorta of pointless but whatever. I love FF and Square Enix but i have not finished a FF game in my life yet:P... I havent played many but still its pretty bad. I'd like to hear people 's responses. Thanks

deadlycolour

oh i forgot to add Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, i got to the shadow temple and stopped...i watched my friend beat it though....hmmm i should go back and beat all of those games

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
[QUOTE="deadlycolour"]

deadlycolour

oh i forgot to add Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, i got to the shadow temple and stopped...i watched my friend beat it though....hmmm i should go back and beat all of those games

Defintely, try to beat Zelda Oot, the ending and last battle is quite epic! You are near the end as well

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deadlycolour
[QUOTE="deadlycolour"][QUOTE="deadlycolour"]

GANGSTASAN

Defintely, try to beat Zelda Oot, the ending and last battle is quite epic! You are near the end as well

I know how awesome the ending is, I've watched my friend beat it

inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts
I have the same problem too. I get hyped up on a game and then I get tired of it for some reason I don't know
Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
I have the same problem. Though it is mostly when I play role playing games. Their story lines are so stupid now, its the same old crap. Though I love Final Fantasy 4, that is about the only role playing game I enjoy now. I mostly play action adventure game slike Devil May Cry.
Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts
If i am enjoying a game i almost always finish it. The only exception to that is FF3, but thats because i didnt want to grind 20+ levels to do the final dungeon :|
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
If i am enjoying a game i almost always finish it. The only exception to that is FF3, but thats because i didnt want to grind 20+ levels to do the final dungeon :|Ultima_5
A bunch of bosses in the Final Dungeon are optional, the Final Boss shouldn't too much level grinding =P
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

[QUOTE="bano123"]OMG, me too! LOL, I played FF7 like ten times and could never finish it, maybe it was beacuse i would misplace my memory card whenever I went to a friend's house..deadlycolour

haha i love FF7 (even though i never played the game (played a demo) i know the whole story and i own the FF7 Advent Children which happens after FF7) Ive heard its a very long game so i dont blame ya for not being able to finish it...well playin it ten times well.... im not like a massive gamer... im like in between hardcore and casual....ya thats a problem with me....if my data gets erased or i loose my memory card....it just pisses me off and then i dont play the game for a while

Long? I got 3 sets of all the master materia on my party and beat both the weapons in around 50 hours. Thats really short for an rpg with a decent amount of sidequests.

gameover119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gameover119
Member since 2008 • 1816 Posts
i kinda have the same problem too, i couldnt beat ff7, although its a kickbutt game, ff12 i beat once was going to beat it again but didnt, same with kh2 and ff crisis core.
LadyShanoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LadyShanoa
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

TC, Sounds to me like you have a problem with endurance and stamina. You can't seem to finish games or get tired too quickly. Not a good thing for you.

Wow... can you say, "overtones"?

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deadlycolour

TC, Sounds to me like you have a problem with endurance and stamina. You can't seem to finish games or get tired too quickly. Not a good thing for you.

Wow... can you say, "overtones"?

LadyShanoa

Wow never thought i would here the words stamina and endurance when it comes to games. I'm not a big hardcore gamer , I'm an athlete and I would rather go outside and play hockey,basketball,soccer,football or baseball anyday rather than stay inside and play video games so I'm sure that it has nothing to do with "stamina" or "endurance". You can't say I'm too tired to finish a game or I'm too lazy to especially because you don't know me, I'm a very energetic person and being energetic and athletic, I want to go play some sport or go jogging instead of sitting down playing video games. I may sound like I'm sort of offended ( I guess I sorta am :P), but I don't like people calling me lazy or saying I don't have endurance or stamina because I can't sit down long enough to play a video game. I don't mind people voicing their opinions but don't judge me because you have no clue who am.

Smakshalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Smakshalak
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
TC, you probably have some form of ADD, just like all those deadbeats who play only shooting games on the Xbox 360 b/c they lack the patience/stamina and good attention span that it takes to play (specifically) a jrpg. I mean I play shooters too on my 360 but I also play Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon...and FFIV on my DS.. So basically you need to push yourself.
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts
I think rpgs are not really for him. that's all there is to it
Smakshalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Smakshalak

^But what doesn't make sense is that he says that he enjoys the games...wouldn't that make you want to finish what you started?

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deadlycolour

TC, you probably have some form of ADD, just like all those deadbeats who play only shooting games on the Xbox 360 b/c they lack the patience/stamina and good attention span that it takes to play (specifically) a jrpg. I mean I play shooters too on my 360 but I also play Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon...and FFIV on my DS.. So basically you need to push yourself. Smakshalak

Well for one I do not have ADD, I just beat Final Fantasy 4 last night (with a team of 61-62, pretty fluky). Holy Sh*t, I don't know where people get stamina too, becauses it's really physically exerting and difficult to sit and hold a 5 pound system and click a few buttons:roll:. I love RPGs but it's the same for other games, i do get bored of FPS and Action/Adventure before i beat them, but sometimes I do beat them like final fantasy 4. For all those people who find it physically exerting to play a video game and takes a lot of endurance ( I agree it does take patience for video games....sometimes thats something i don't have) go try playing sports, weight lifting, jogging and then you will know the meaning of "physical exertion". I guess it just depends on the game but i have other things I like doing in my life other than playing video games. If all people do is play video games all day (I'm not saying this to everybody, just the people who actually do this) should go get a life.

Maybe RPGs aren't for me but I love playing them so it can't be that, I just get bored of video games after a while no matter what genre it is, unless the game has great multiplayer, i do not get bored of it so fast.

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deadlycolour

^But what doesn't make sense is that he says that he enjoys the games...wouldn't that make you want to finish what you started?

Smakshalak

Yes I really do enjoy the games, I don't know what it is, I just get bored of them.

deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deadlycolour

I probably just don't have the patience although there are many games I do beat but many I don't, I might go back and beat a few though..... and please no more posting on me being lazy or not having endurance or stamina, because it really pisses me off, especially people if you stay inside and play video games all day....dont call me lazy.....thanks

DaRkGhOsTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaRkGhOsTZ
are u CrAzY? lOl xD!!!!!!!!!!!!
deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deadlycolour

are u CrAzY? lOl xD!!!!!!!!!!!!DaRkGhOsTZ

What?! I sure hope not!:P

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
There is more than one form of endurance, it's not always physical but at times mental, too. She means you don't have a lot of endurance when it comes to finishing a game not 'holding' or being 'lazy,' perhaps you get bored or, like me, get this sort of thought that just tells you to move on to the next one. Thats one of the main reasons I sometimes don't finish some games is because I'll end getting something new and fresh and I tend to leave what I'm playing in the dust until I have nothing better to play, come back to the previous, forget what happened and just start all over again. :P But it always depends on the subject matter too, strange enough I get really bored with Pokemon but i can sit down and play Digimon for hours on end. Some people can sit through a action packed killer-fest while others like to sit with something more slow paced and takes more time. Perhaps you just haven't found the attention grabber to just keep you hooked or perhaps you have better things to do than be 'lazy' with the rest of us and go outside. :P
k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
i used to have the same problem with that, i got to the castle in super mario rpg and wasnt strong enough to beat it so i quit, and i i got to like the second to last temple in LoZ OoT and stopped because i had to move my nintendo 64 out of my room and into my basement, i find that i do beat all my handheld rpgs and the likes though because i dont have to be sitting in my basement solely watching. i hope they port final fantasy VII to the psp because my friend has it and we used to play it when his older brother wasnt.
deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deadlycolour

There is more than one form of endurance, it's not always physical but at times mental, too. She means you don't have a lot of endurance when it comes to finishing a game not 'holding' or being 'lazy,' perhaps you get bored or, like me, get this sort of thought that just tells you to move on to the next one. Thats one of the main reasons I sometimes don't finish some games is because I'll end getting something new and fresh and I tend to leave what I'm playing in the dust until I have nothing better to play, come back to the previous, forget what happened and just start all over again. :P But it always depends on the subject matter too, strange enough I get really bored with Pokemon but i can sit down and play Digimon for hours on end. Some people can sit through a action packed killer-fest while others like to sit with something more slow paced and takes more time. Perhaps you just haven't found the attention grabber to just keep you hooked or perhaps you have better things to do than be 'lazy' with the rest of us and go outside. :PFallofAthens

Yeah I know about mental endurance but people saying that it seems that I don't have endurance or stamina and that I be too tired to finish things. Thats what I don't understand and when people say you don't have endurance or stamina and then say you be too "tired" to finish something then it seems like it means that there talking about physical endurance not mental endurance. Games just get too repittitive for me or something :P.

Smakshalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Smakshalak
Then I guess you just lack the tolerance for such repetition.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Eh, I have kind of a similar problem. Honestly, most of the time, they're only worth getting half into, since they can take up so much darn time. Only the really good ones are worth finishing.
deadlycolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deadlycolour

Eh, I have kind of a similar problem. Honestly, most of the time, they're only worth getting half into, since they can take up so much darn time. Only the really good ones are worth finishing. GamerJM

Yeah I know, I usually try to finish the really good ones but some of the really good games I didn't finish are probably because when I get a new game or system I focus more on the newer stuff, so I think I stopped playing games like FF10 and FF9 because I got a new game for the PS2 at the time or when I got my DS, LoZ OoT when it came out I was too small to understand it but I started playing it recently but once again I got something new and stopped playing it.