This topic is locked from further discussion.

midget_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 midget_penguin
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts
am I the only one out there? you can't be sitting on an airplane, then randomly start blowing at video game
Archale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Archale
Member since 2006 • 2129 Posts

am I the only one out there? you can't be sitting on an airplane, then randomly start blowing at video gamemidget_penguin

yeah XD, I agree, I specially hate games that NEED the use of the mic

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
agreed. This was one of the reasons I didn't like many of Wario's touch and go's many games, because a few of them needed me to blow, say something in the mic. It's fine with some games when it's usually just a one time thing... like screaming in Phantom Hour Glass. But other than to talk to someone else, I'd rather not use it.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I didn't even like the shouting into Legend of Zelda - I was playing in the early hours of the morning and had to shout hello as quiet as I could (yeh exactly!) without waking anyone up. Turns out I could've just blown into the mic :oops:
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
I disagree; I feel that the mic has been utilized very well in certain video games, such as WarioWare Touched!. Plus, it seems pretty accurate to me.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I disagree; I feel that the mic has been utilized very well in certain video games, such as WarioWare Touched!. Plus, it seems pretty accurate to me.UltimateXShadow

Then you haven't played brain training.

I said Blue damn it :evil:

SamusIsMyLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SamusIsMyLover
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts

@ tofu lion:

LOL. I had the same thing happen to me. I was playing PH at like 1 in the morning and I got to the part that said, "Scream as loud as you can." And I had to quit playing because I didn't want to wake up my entire house. Yeah, that part was a little lame.

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
I hate the mic too!
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
I don't really like the mic either, funny thing about it is I bought it with pokemon and still never used it except for 1 or 2 times....
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts
I find the mic input to be innovative, and enjoy many of the ways it has been used in games. However, there are moments where it becomes annoying, especially in a puzzle situation where you forget about the mic altogether. For example, I was stuck in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, and when I realized I needed to use the mic to advance, I felt annoyed. Sometimes I forget it's there, especially when a game that doesn't use it for the core gameplay requires it's use.
TechDresdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 TechDresdain
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Wut? You don't like the micy part? lols.....Well, me too {about da' shouting thing in Zelda}...lolz...I shouted to the mic even they're asleep, I couldn't help continue playing....even though I shouted no one wake up...Like saying something to mic "WITCH!!!!!!!!!!!" lulz, its true...

justfei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 justfei
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
i think the mic feature is pretty innovative and useful. it fits well in a ds lite and it also gives games a slight touch of difference and new ideas, such as in phoenix wright: ace attorney. id say that the mic bodes well with a ds.
Avatar image for DarkChrisss1995
DarkChrisss1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 DarkChrisss1995
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="UltimateXShadow"]I disagree; I feel that the mic has been utilized very well in certain video games, such as WarioWare Touched!. Plus, it seems pretty accurate to me.JLF1

...And Scissors...

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

[QUOTE="UltimateXShadow"]I disagree; I feel that the mic has been utilized very well in certain video games, such as WarioWare Touched!. Plus, it seems pretty accurate to me.JLF1

Lol I was like that too :) I went "B-l-u-e" "Blue" "BLUE!!!" and it didn't happen

Eventually it accepted it and flicked onto yellow right as I said "Jesus Christ" and it accepted it. So apparently Jesus Christ sounds like yellow and blue doesn't sound like blue at all...

I think the mic has its problems :|

Sorreltail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sorreltail
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts
It's annoying when on games you have to use it and your in public.
psp8976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psp8976
Member since 2008 • 4310 Posts
thank u for teling me this guy's becaueas i really use the mic on my ds these days
HippoRippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HippoRippo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I agree i hate it aswell espically for like mario minigame's
refoops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 refoops
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
It can be a pretty cool novelty that ads to the whole 'DS' package. Can't remember what game it was on, I think on New Super Mario Brothers, but it was a mini-game which involved nothing but blowing to keep yoshi and his balloon floating, by the end I was all dizzy and had a headrush. :p I think it is pretty interesting when a portion of the game involves using the mic, as long as it keeps it innovating, not just 'say hello to open this door' when you might as well just press A. (Although I don't mind yelling 'OBJECTION!' into my DS during Pheonix Wright. :)
brawl_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 brawl_96
Member since 2008 • 3953 Posts
i cant believe i was the only 2 just blow in ph. its pretty annoying in brain age . but in diamond its useful
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

Yeah....I hate it too. Gets spit on the screen sometimes if you blow too hard into it, and blowing into it in the first place is really annoying and stupid. Yelling in it is even more ridiculous...

And at the part in Zelda where you have to "scream as loud as you can" I just blew into it because I knew it would work just as well as yelling into it. :roll:

swsirstevealot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 swsirstevealot
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts
That's a pretty funny way of putting that. lol
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

OBJECTION!!!!!

without the DS mic, we wouldn't be going OBJECTION!!!!!, like I just did in this post.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

OBJECTION!!!!!

without the DS mic, we wouldn't be going OBJECTION!!!!!, like I just did in this post.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#24 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts
I personally think the mic is pretty cool, but I was playing Phantom Hourglass in my study hall at school and the "shout as loud as you can" part came up. I faked a loud sneeze. It was weird.
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

I personally think the mic is pretty cool, but I was playing Phantom Hourglass in my study hall at school and the "shout as loud as you can" part came up. I faked a loud sneeze. It was weird.blankshore

Here's some cheaters advice: Any time you're required to "YELL" into the mic, just blow into it. The recognition is the same, and your noise will go unnoticed. Only when a game requires voice recognition (Nintendogs, Brain Age, etc.) must you spout your verbal attrocities into the mic.