I am VERY Impressed, Nintendo!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

Even though i have a wii, i will be honest, i had my doubts. Although Super Smash Bros was a killer, it is obvious a system can not survive on one game. However, this year, they have also thrown in mariokart, wii fit,boom blox, and the so far impressive wii ware. Do not forget star wars unleashed and whatever suprises await on E3

Most especially , I am impressed by Madworld and the Conduit!!!!!!! I had just seen some clips and such on them and they are actual, real, genuine , QUALITY games!!!!! They are the type of games that you can go to 360- lovers and say "Now you got nothing on us!" Personally, these two games are the very games i think everyone has been waiting for on the wii, proof for hardcore players that the wii is worthy. i already knew it was worthy, but this pushes it up a noch. Son far these two games blew my mind to see that I saw 360 like gameplay on a Wii console. Combined with the power the Wii already has, i will not be surprised if they have dominated this year already.Arguably, they won last year and were the sight to see the year before. If they win this year, they must be doing something right

What is your take on the wii's progress and the two games Madworld and the Conduit?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
im pretty hyped for the Conduit (hence my sig). Dont really care for Mad World as of now. And yes I agree of the other quality looking stuff coming out and games that are already out. It's a great time to be a Wii owner
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
very much so
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
The first party games have been excellent to pretty good so far, excellent being Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros., Metroid Prime 3, and Wii Sports among others, pretty good being pretty much anything else from nintendo, the third party games have been surprisingly amazing, zack and wiki, no more heroes, medal of honor heroes 2's online and controls, boom blox, now this year we have numerous third party games coming that I think may just outshine first party, guitar hero 4, tales of symphonia, conduit, mad world, I will admit that owning a wii right now is looking better and better all the time, now if only the ps2 would die so we could get some dedicated development for wii games as opposed to after thoughts from the ps2 version, some storage for wii ware and vc games, and some wii demos, everything for the wii would be as it should be.
fitootif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fitootif
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

to me the Wii is just lacking 3 things to make a great console:

1. hard drive (or a much bigger storage system, capable of having downloadable things (besides VC and WW))

2.Better online optons (Nintendo really has to do something about this, and with options i mean voice chat or keyboard enabled, matchmaking, preferences,etc)

3. 2nd and 3rd party publishers need to stop making Wii games with PS2 graphics (when being multyplataform the PS3 and 360 are the same and better then the PS2 and Wii versions, which also always are the same).

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
the Wii really doesn't need either of those games to proof itself....i'm pretty stoked about Mad World, but I have my doubts on Conduit...but we still have awhile to see what either have to offer
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I could care less about the conduit, but madworld is promising since it's from the people behind some of my favorite games (viewtiful joe and okami).
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
this year will be another good year for nintendo. i personally can't wait to see more of condult and madworld. i too have seen the videos and i am too impressed by what i have seen. cant wait for e3 cause you know nintendo and some other publishers have something up their sleeves for the wii. overall, pretty happy with my little white wii box.
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

I've got very little interest in The Conduit... it doesn't have that wow factor, plus it's an FPS... meh.

Madworld, however, is near the top of my list of most wanted games... right behind Spore. It is that great.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
I can't wait for E3. Don't forget Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
I agree, can't wait. to see whats next.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts
I am more than excited for the Conduit. Mad World not quite as much as of yet but still very promising. I think every year has been great for the Wii and this year is shaping up to be no different. It really does feel good to have some hardcore, next gen looking games coming out for the system I love so that the rest of the world and non-believers can see what it's all about. If E3 delivers a few gems (Star Fox and/ or Kid Icarus) then it will continue to be unstoppable.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'm a bit excited for the Conduit since the Wii is lacking FPS games but not too much, Shooters aren't really my thing. Madworld I'm liking but I would like to know a bit more about the game
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Personally I'm pretty happy that Nintendo is finally getting more "hardcore" games and it is arguably the best console to have last year. I think that is not going to change this year. Pretty happy to be a Wii owner. I'm not a big fan of shooters, I played Metroid loved it, although it is not really a FPS. I impressed with the conduit and might give it a try. Not really into MadWorld but since it's made by PlatinumGames I might try that as well.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
correct me if im wrong but those 2 games will come out Q1 next year
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
im with ya bro im very impressed with my Wii and i knew it would always be awesome. Wii have so much to look forward to don't we. I have 18 games and loved all of them and can't wait for The Conduit it looks amazing. i'm still playing medal of honor and fifa online, also no more heroes and galaxy. I'm gonna get wiifitness board and Mariokart soon when i come back from holiday. The only game thats made me want a ps3 or 360 is GTA 4, i had a 360 but the damn thing kept freezing on me!. I wouldnt like to say how many hours ive played on my Wii since it came out, i got it from day 1!!. Played it more than I have played any console. Well done Nintendo for coming back from the dead.
Avatar image for TacticalElefant
TacticalElefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 TacticalElefant
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
I actually got rid of my Wii last week. And I'm not kidding. Not enough incentive to really hold onto it. And to be totally fair, I did the same thing with my 360 a couple weeks before. I only kept my PS3 because I actually use it for BC (it's a 60 GB) and I play most on my PC.