Hyrule Warriors - Zelda side series - Anounnounced for 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

Hyrule Warriors Announcement Trailer

Sorry for the blurry image, but here is a brand new franchise from Nintendo, and I couldn't be more excited.

I want to make mention that this is confirmed to not be the next major entry in the Zelda franchise from Aunoma and co, but rather a side series collaboration with Temco of the Dynasty Warriors series. I thought it would be good to point that out before my alter ego comes here ranting and raving about how Zelda's failed and this is the big, new Zelda game Aunoma's been talking about all year (looking at you evil Jayson). Here's the best part yet --

Hyrule Warriors is coming in 2014. Yes, we're getting a new Zelda game for the Wii U in 2014, and considering this Nintendo Direct was said to be focusing on spring releases, here's to hoping Hyrule Warriors is included in that.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

It looks to me like it needs much more polish before becoming a product I would buy.

A few things I'd like to see:

* MUCH polished visuals. Link doesn't look enough like Link, while the Bobokins look ripped right out of Skyward Sword. A different poster here mentioned how it looks like a gamecube game. Yeah, pretty much.

* Incorporate series lore. While not in line with traditional Zelda, this sort of game creates the potential to explore the world of Hyrule in a new way. If this game contains lore and situations that create insight into the series, that would be great.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

why is this guy not banned?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts
Loading Video...

It's obviously far from complete, but I like it.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I'm definitely getting this :)

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Still needs work, but what can you expect when they don't even have the title confirmed yet. It still looked awesome, and if it's improved upon between now and launch it's got a good chance of been a day one buy for me.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It took Zelda and made it something completely different than what it normally is. It just looks really weird to me. Why not make it a new franchise instead?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

This may be hopelessly crude of me, but I've got a total fuckin' hard on for this game.

I'm just bummed the hell out that it looks like it's not going to hit 3DS. I played Samurai Warriors Chronicles for nearly 300 hours, but I don't know if I'd spend as much time playing a Warriors game on a home console.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RealJaysonguy

@Meinhard1 said:

It looks to me like it needs much more polish before becoming a product I would buy.

A few things I'd like to see:

* MUCH polished visuals. Link doesn't look enough like Link, while the Bobokins look ripped right out of Skyward Sword. A different poster here mentioned how it looks like a gamecube game. Yeah, pretty much.

* Incorporate series lore. While not in line with traditional Zelda, this sort of game creates the potential to explore the world of Hyrule in a new way. If this game contains lore and situations that create insight into the series, that would be great.

As far as the visuals go, I've found Nintendo isn't the best at posting high-resolution footage in their Nintendo Direct's. I'm pretty sure this isn't running in 1080p. I've found that once I get new Wii U games on my shiny 60" LED, they all look a lot better than the footage shown. That being said, the visual quality on hack 'n slash games always suffers in favor of filling the screen with tons of enemies, so I doubt the visuals will be all that enhanced. Either way, I'll love it all the same. I'm not a big fan of hack 'n slash types, but anything Zelda is right up my alley.

And I agree that it should incorporate the timeline in some way. I don't think that it should necessarily be a part of the actual timeline, but I do hope that the developers don't just make a bunch of random stages from all kinds of Zelda games; I hope it sticks to a certain version of Hyrule and the like.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By El_Zo1212o

@realjaysonguy: SWC took place over a span of something like 80 years. I don't think it would be out of place to have a couple different player skins and play battles based on eras all down each fork of the timeline.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RealJaysonguy

I think, if executed correctly, you may be right about that. The problem I see with that angle, though, is that Temco isn't known for their high budgets, or even for making outstanding games. I say that because if they were to travel through the timeline, we'd also need to see several different versions of Link (assuming the Ocarina of Time doesn't come into play). For people who understand game design, crafting the lead character takes a ton of time and effort, and most developers, even the ones with exorbitant budgets wouldn't be inclined to create several different versions of Link.

With that said, I think playing as the same Link throughout several different points in the timeline would be a little jarring.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By El_Zo1212o

@realjaysonguy: Anybody ever remark on how much cooler you are than that *other* Jaysonguy?

But, why should it be such a problem? SWC had something like 40 characters each with their own weapons and combos and power moves. making a single player character with different skins and stats and light tweaks(hair color, tunic details, bare arms&legs vs white tights, height and reach, weapon skins, etcetc) shouldn't be a problem.

At least it doesn't seem like it ought to be a problem compared to making all those playable characters with their outfits and their moves and weapons.

But PLEASE let there be a 3DS version that just hasn't been completely decided on yet or something. I'm still reeling over the fact that SWC2 isn't coming stateside.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@El_Zo1212o said:

@realjaysonguy: Anybody ever remark on how much cooler you are than that *other* Jaysonguy?

But, why should it be such a problem? SWC had something like 40 characters each with their own weapons and combos and power moves. making a single player character with different skins and stats and light tweaks(hair color, tunic details, bare arms&legs vs white tights, height and reach, weapon skins, etcetc) shouldn't be a problem.

At least it doesn't seem like it ought to be a problem compared to making all those playable characters with their outfits and their moves and weapons.

But PLEASE let there be a 3DS version that just hasn't been completely decided on yet or something. I'm still reeling over the fact that SWC2 isn't coming stateside.

First of all, hahaha.

And I definitely see where you're coming from, it's certainly possible that they could be creating different versions of Link. I think I'm just battling back and forth about how much context I want this game to have. On one side, I don't think it belongs in the Zelda timeline, but I certainly want this to be more than just Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin. I want it to feel like a Zelda game, to a certain extent.

I want some kind of story. I'm not expecting anything extravagant, but at least something substantial. My biggest wish for this game is to have all the basic elements of a Zelda game. I want some basic exploration, possibly even hidden heart pieces and the like. Having a heart container dropped after major boss fights would be a welcome inclusion, as well. I think that's a pretty safe bet considering Link's heart containers differ between shots in the trailer. Some light puzzle elements would be an interesting way to break up all the fighting. I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game before, though, so I have no idea if these kinds of elements are a part of the series.

Overall, I'm just excited, and I want this game to come out. Anything Zelda is alright with me.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 El_Zo1212o

@realjaysonguy: I don't know about DW, but from my time with SWC(my only ever Warriors game) it seems like the series is less about traditional game design elements(platforming, puzzle solving, exploration) and more about fulfilling power fantasies truly Godlike in scale- mowing through 500 enemies in a single mission is possible(likely, even), and 1,000 or even 1,500 isn't out of the question.

It really is the simplest(and to me the most eminently satisfying) kind of action game. What keeps it from being a huge snoozefest, though, is the varied missions you have to scramble to accomplish in the middle of the battle- eliminate one of two enemy characters that are trying to rendezvous; if you succeed, enemy morale lowers and maybe you take a foothold in a fort or something. Fail and the two meet up and launch a surprise offensive, pressing you forces' weakest point and lowering your side's morale. Things like that, or stopping a group of enemies before then can set fire you one of the pivotal areas of the map, causing your health to drop the longer you remain in that area.

And as you level up and progress the battle get more frantic and at time seemingly one sided to the point where you're lucky to squeeze out a victory even if most of the missions were failed.

Man, now I feel like playing it again.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Its not going to look any better guys. Its Dynasty Warriors with Zelda textures slapped on. Dynasty Warriors has died off cause its just repetitive. They are never amazing looking games.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

It's actually not from Nintendo RealJay, it's from Tecmo Koei. Still, I'm getting this and I hope Midna is playable.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#17  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

The completely white "logo" just screams "this game is completely unfinished right now but we decided to show it anyway".

In a way, I like to see it in that state because it gives the whole presentation a very casual feeling. Still, showing it like that did not make me very impressed, not to mention that the gameplay looks awfully repetitive.

I have never played a Dynasty Warriors game, so I am willing to give it a try.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Why not make it a new franchise instead?

because it won't sell as well.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't really like it.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RealJaysonguy

@nini200 said:

It's actually not from Nintendo RealJay, it's from Tecmo Koei. Still, I'm getting this and I hope Midna is playable.

Yes, I'm rather excited. And yeah, they said Temco's making it, but I'd hedge my bets on the fact that Nintendo's publishing and probably keeping an incredibly close watch on the development. Zelda's part of their top 3 biggest sellers (along with Mario and Pokemon). They're not going to let anything tarnish the Zelda name.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts

Cant really say I have any interest in the Dynasty Warriors formula, but it was cool to see Link fight like that.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Nintendo is actually producing the game, though. Like Aonuma is the game's producer.

They're not just going to hand The Legend of Zelda over to a developer and let them do whatever, they're definitely involved with this game.

Man, though, the visuals are so uninspired at this point. The bobokins are just ripped right out of Skyward Sword, everything else looks like a reskin of one of their previous games

look at the landscape or the trees ... ugly!. .. it looks like a fan project!

I want to like this though, hopeful it improves.

See:

Awkward tree, awkward Link, awkward textures.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Garbage.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

The graphics looks like rubbish!!! However, the game-play looks like it could be a lot of fun.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i would let a few chips rest on the bet that, by the time it is seen through, it will have waned a little in the direction of god of war. its too irresistible a notion; someone making a hack and slash will fail against the gravity of the suspected demand for a mainstream adventure beat up on nintendo. particularly compelling given the added drive of zelda's legacy of adventure.

*please no qte

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

for the people complaining about graphics, look at any other musou. corners must be cut if you want individually calculated swarms of enemies to run smooth.

personally, i'm pretty hyped for it. it's such an outlandish, yet such a fitting combination. and musou games are so freaking cathartic.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
@starwarsjunky said:

why is this guy not banned?

why would you want him banned? because of a joke username that not even the user being mocked is complaining about? it's not like the guy isn't being nice and constructive with just about every single post he makes.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@realjaysonguy said:

@nini200 said:

Yes, I'm rather excited. And yeah, they said Temco's making it, but I'd hedge my bets on the fact that Nintendo's publishing and probably keeping an incredibly close watch on the development. Zelda's part of their top 3 biggest sellers (along with Mario and Pokemon). They're not going to let anything tarnish the Zelda name.

You better believe they are lol

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmitName

@realjaysonguy said:

click

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

ALL this game need is online coop mp. pleaase dont ruin this nintendo. also the game looks great. u have to remeber this is a dynasty warrior game mixed with zelda. the controls looks so much better that the dynasty warriors game.

but games like this are momre fun in mp. i really hope nintendo releases online coop for this game. cant wait for it. hopefully its early 2014 and not next xmas

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#31 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

hopefully your not as annoying as Jason guy , cause I really sometimes cant understand his post cause like he goes from liking Nintendo to hating Nintendo , he changes his mind to much , but ya I cant wait for this game

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 El_Zo1212o

I haven't played a Zelda game since the Minish Cap, so I'm left wondering- is that blue cape from another Zelda game, or do you suppose it has some significance to the new game alone?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#33 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@El_Zo1212o: It's probably just an artistic choice to give Link more of a fighter's look. Unless it's Roc's Cape.

Also you should play some of the newer ones. And don't listen to what people say about Spirit Tracks... It's a fantastic game, one of the best on the DS.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 El_Zo1212o

@turtlethetaffer: Nah, it's just more that I don't like them anymore- I played through OoT3D, Link's Awakening, Minish Cap(again) and most of the original, but it all comes down to my tastes having simplified over the years- I like swingin' swords and punchin' stuff, but all the puzzle solving and aimless wandering just annoys me nowadays. That's chiefly what disappointed me about AO: Blackgate.

I have been considering ALBW since a friend of mine did a Let's Play on it, though. I just haven't pulled the trigger on it because I HATE buying a game and being disappointed.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OmitName

@El_Zo1212o: i happened upon an analyzing of the trailer somewhere, and they suspected it might hint at either his affiliation with hyrule at that point in the game, (the same color as the soldiers around him) or as a designation of his loyalty to one of the goddesses. (judging from the symbols on his shield) one of the commentators also took it as hope that perhaps there will be multiplayer. each player with their own color of scarf.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By El_Zo1212o

@OmitName: The multiplayer thing was what struck me as the most likely answer, though I did note the Hylian npcs wore blue and white tunics. I was just wondering if it might not have been an item or an upgrade from one of the games of the last 3 console generations.

Have you got a link to that analysis? I'd be interested to hear it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Day one buy. Awesome. People don't seem to understand what this could open the doors too...

The more Nintendo mish mashes we get the more we get.

Dynasty Warriors always has a decent sized cast of playable characters, so I am wondering what some of the other player characters will be. :)

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmitName

@El_Zo1212o: it was either this one or this one. pardon my not remembering which.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 El_Zo1212o

@OmitName: IGN in the second link missed a LOT that the first link picked up on. The other hero characters for example. Hell, they picked out a blur in a dress that very well could be Zelda.

Anyone who's interested in the title ought to watch both of those links, but definitely the first one.

pandora_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pandora_wizard
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

I'm unsure about that one, but knowing Nintendo they'll probably make another instant classic.

I just beat Zelda A Link Between Worlds and it was amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a5a8e35ab83
deactivated-61a5a8e35ab83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-61a5a8e35ab83
Member since 2013 • 82 Posts

Hopefully this is very earlier footage and the visuals will improve because right now it looks downright hideous. The different art styles don't mix well. Its an interesting concept though and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 El_Zo1212o

@am_h8ter_ade: Look up screen shots of the latest Dynasty/Samurai Warriors titles- I wouldn't count on much improvement graphically. But I'm in it to crush the life from enemies left, right and center.

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Jesus I hope this isn't coming out for a while because that looks horrendous

ackmans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ackmans
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

sry for all hater but dynasty warrior was not about graphic its about gameplay and huge horde of enemy's

Avatar image for deactivated-5998864a726a0
deactivated-5998864a726a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5998864a726a0
Member since 2014 • 105 Posts

i love zelda but im dont like hyrule warriors.